Offical Sunday Thread

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Playing the $100 on ultimate poker, lfg!

I like the 3bet, leaves room to fold if we get 4bet.

Playing some stuff today and doing my best to ignore the Jubilee celebrations.

Rose, fold pre or 3 bet I really don't like flatting A9s OOP against a 22bb stack at a final table. You end up in the spot you ended up in and just lose chips and end up guessing a ton. You can't really just "put" her on A7 but she's very likely to have you beat here. Too many aces better than A9 are in her range. She can have QQ, AQ, AK, AJ and AT plenty and just be over playing a one pair hand with AK and AJ. We can't even exclude hands like 78s, 79s, 7Ts and K7s, etc.

SUNDAY'S SUCK!!!

For the A9 hand...

Pre: most likely I play it for a 3 bet pre.

Flop: If I get to the flop as you did I generally don't bet out, if I bet out and mango raises, I don't call without the intention of playing out the pot... if I'm going to fold on the turn I fold now and save the 12k. Decide now if you're willing to play the future street bets with your hand.

Turn: If I get to the spot you did and she shoves on the turn I lay down, I don't think you should be putting people on hands so specifically especially online when you have no read other than betting pattern. (I also think it's very unlikely that anyone would shove a hand as strong as A7 here) That said, by calling you're (effectively) risking your tourney life for what is very likely a chop, that is not a spot I want to risk my life with calling...

In general if I'm risking my tourney life by calling, the pot needs to position me for a tourney win & I have to like my hand for beating a good part of the bettors range... which is pretty rare.

Nice run though... glgl

Ah hell Rose wtf have I told you like one million times about donk betting? I didn't even realize you did that until gadjet mentioned it. There are times when you can and should bet into a preflop raiser but this isn't one of them. STOP THAT SHIT!!!

I want to hear why you though betting into her on this flop was a good idea, like seriously what was your thought process? Not giving you a hard time just trying to help. Figuring out why you do something will help you understand why it's either a good idea or not a good idea.

I disagree about 3 betting though I think you can 3 bet into a 22bb stack but you have to be willing to 3 bet get it in, if there is any chance you chicken out just jam it. People are 3 betting shorter effective stacks online now and it def has merit. Against good aggressive players it's great to induce them to shove and against most players when you have position and decent post flop skills you can 3 bet and bad players will often flat your 3 bet and fold or just spaz post flop. In many cases you can get more value this way than by jamming to which they are generally folding worse and calling with better. We only want to do this IP and against weak players with marginal hands like A9s and against better players with our top hands to induce. You can 3 bet here to about 19 or 20K but jamming is fine as well. It's definitely not terrible to 3 bet here imo but I'd love to discuss it further.

Oops you're OOP so I would only 3 bet here if I'm willing to GII and I think there's a good chance she folds. Since OOP if you

3 bet it needs to be about 24k but yeah in this spot I like jam or fold and with ICM I lean toward fold.

I know I totally blew this hand, I put her mostly on ace rag or small PP. I know I should have pulled the trigger not sure why I didn't. My intention was to shove on flop and I froze after I saw it thinking she had A7 or AQ. But then I looked at the flush draw and folded by mistake the second I played it I knew I played it wrong

you should only be donk betting that flop if you think you'll get raised with air a lot. never jam that flop, never fold the turn.

and if you put her on ace rag or a small pp then why are you folding!?

I don't like donking this flop in this spot period! Women are rarely going to jam light, they may overplay PPs and ace rags but they don't jam light that much unless they're Russian.

Rose I'd love to hear where you think you made the mistakes here? Do you understand why donk leading that flop is a mistake, do you even think it's a mistake? Do you think when you call her raise over your donk bet that that was a mistake and if so why? Do you think the turn fold is a mistake and if so why? When you call on the flop did you have a plan for the turn?

Depends on what side of the world you live in, or whether you live in a fantasy world. If you live in a fantasy world it can be any day you want it to be.

Let's win some stuff tomorrow itt okay!

In the Red Spade Open and Ladies $55, maybe a few others

gl all

Depends on what side of the world you live in, or whether you live in a fantasy world. If you live in a fantasy world it can be any day you want it to be.

Let's win some stuff tomorrow itt okay!

AUS is 7 hrs max from me!!! so latest it could be in the world is 11:51am Saturday.

GET OUT OF HERE PAA5

gl to Lisa she is SS Ft Ipoker 6/7

I am I am 1096/3434 28k ave 25k In the Red Spade

Lisa got 2nd on ipoker for $810

ITM Red Spade out in 767 place for $129.00 not bad for a $10 investment.

it paid 3250 of 28500 people who played it , however next pay jump was at 550