Falsely Imprisoned By The Cops For A Long Time

i suffer from migraines.
Haha. I can't think of anything I'd want to do less when I have a migraine than smoke mj. Then again, I don't like toking even when I am feeling right as rain, it just doesn't have a positive effect on me.

The best thing you can hope for is that you're somehow able to keep the existence of pot out of your civil suit.Cops do that to a good, upstanding citizen: jury awardsCops do that to some lame pothead: Who cares, jury denies (although given where you're located, this might be a non-factor).Cops use the "you match the description of a suspect..." thing as a rouse to **** with people all the time, but in your case, they were probably telling the truth. It's one thing when they say that to hassle some loitering vagrant, but when they're pulling you over with guns drawn and throwing you into lockup, chances are, they were telling the truth- that you really did closely match some sort of description. Your attorney will go over that "description" with a fine tooth comb during the discovery process. Make sure to carefully note everything you were wearing at that time, etc... It's entirely possible that the "description" you matched was just the vehicle, but they lied about the clothing, etc and kept you in lockup anyway. If this is the case, it should give some traction in your civil case when the only common element between you and the description was the vehicle color. If it turns out the suspect was a 300# guy wearing a red shirt and orange shorts driving a blue SUV, and you're a 120# guy wearing a blue shirt and black pants driving a blue SUV, the cops will be compelled to testify and either admit they lied to you during in-processing when they said you so closely matched the description, or perjure themselves and deny they ever said that, but a jury will likely not believe them.As an aside, I can't even imagine how much sodomy goes on in a San Francisco Lockup, but "San Francisco Lockup" has become my new, preferred metaphor for the likely existence of homosexual behavior.

im going to opening day as well! yankees though.....not as aweome as the WS rings cerremony!
nice man! you guys have enough world series titles. giants would have to win 21 in a row to tie you :club:
Haha. I can't think of anything I'd want to do less when I have a migraine than smoke mj. Then again, I don't like toking even when I am feeling right as rain, it just doesn't have a positive effect on me.
thats odd. i guess mj treats everyone different because its a god send. its more effective than harsh pain killers and less harmful on my body. i never was really a stoner till my doctor told me about it. i also have two bulging disks in my back which is another reason i got a card.
The best thing you can hope for is that you're somehow able to keep the existence of pot out of your civil suit.Cops do that to a good, upstanding citizen: jury awardsCops do that to some lame pothead: Who cares, jury denies (although given where you're located, this might be a non-factor).Cops use the "you match the description of a suspect..." thing as a rouse to **** with people all the time, but in your case, they were probably telling the truth. It's one thing when they say that to hassle some loitering vagrant, but when they're pulling you over with guns drawn and throwing you into lockup, chances are, they were telling the truth- that you really did closely match some sort of description. Your attorney will go over that "description" with a fine tooth come during the discovery process. Make sure to carefully note everything you were wearing at that time, etc... It's entirely possible that the "description" you matched was just the vehicle, but they lied about the clothing, etc and kept you in lockup anyway. If this is the case, it should give some traction in your civil case when the only common element between you and the description was the vehicle color. If it turns out the suspect was a 300# guy wearing a red shirt and orange shorts driving a blue SUV, and you're a 120# guy wearing a blue shirt and black pants driving a blue SUV, the cops will be compelled to testify and either admit they lied to you during in-processing when they said you so closely matched the description, or perjure themselves and deny they ever said that, but a jury will likely not believe them.As an aside, I can't even imagine how much sodomy goes on in a San Francisco Lockup, but "San Francisco Lockup" has become my new, preferred metaphor for the likely existence of homosexual behavior.
thanks amscray, i appreciate it. ill take all this into account.
i suffer from migraines.
Excedrin migraine formula works great.But Im guessing its the Hi you are really jonesing for,so drop a norco for the hi and an excedrin for the pain.Also, have you considered the possibility that the weed is causing yo head pain? Cause you prolly been weeding longer than you been headaching.
Excedrin migraine formula works great.But Im guessing its the Hi you are really jonesing for,so drop a norco for the hi and an excedrin for the pain.Also, have you considered the possibility that the weed is causing yo head pain? Cause you prolly been weeding longer than you been headaching.
that will be $15.59...
This thread STILL makes me laugh. Thanks.
glad i could help. :)cliffs: dont have a case (not shocked)matching the description a murder suspect sucks and will ruin your day.
glad i could help. :)cliffs: dont have a case (not shocked)matching the description a murder suspect sucks and will ruin your day.
Made me think of this: [Fletch is being framed for drug possession by two very large cops] Fletch: You fellas wanna read me my rights? Detective #2: You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to have your face kicked in by me. You have the right to have your balls stomped by him. Fletch: I'll waive my rights.
LOL.Rookie.Talk to another attorney."You don't have a case" is usually blow-off speak for "I'm too lousy to win this case" or "I'm too lazy to win a case like this- I'm only interested in cases that involve out of court settlements with insurance companies..."Talk to another lawyer. Then, talk to a few more. Set up 10 appointments with attorneys who advertise as specializing in civil rights and police abuse cases. It's entirely possible that you *don't* have a good case, but the time that has elapsed since then and now isn't sufficient for you to have conducted a thorough search for council.
  • 2 weeks later...
LOL.Rookie.Talk to another attorney."You don't have a case" is usually blow-off speak for "I'm too lousy to win this case" or "I'm too lazy to win a case like this- I'm only interested in cases that involve out of court settlements with insurance companies..."Talk to another lawyer. Then, talk to a few more. Set up 10 appointments with attorneys who advertise as specializing in civil rights and police abuse cases. It's entirely possible that you *don't* have a good case, but the time that has elapsed since then and now isn't sufficient for you to have conducted a thorough search for council.
Dial 222-2222, that guy seems legit, plus se habla espanol!
Wait,..... you're 5' 6" ?
yeah.... my nickname is short stack for two reasons. i short stack cash games.... and im short. :club:

just saw this thread.sorry but I applaud the cops for not giving a triple murder suspect a phone call lol. You're lucky you were only in there for 10 hours. If they didn't find the guy you would have been in there a lot longer. You lost a little bit of weed, that sucks, but at least you didn't get falsely accused and given the death sentence for murdering three people.

sorry but I applaud the cops for not giving a triple murder suspect a phone call lol. You're lucky you were only in there for 10 hours. If they didn't find the guy you would have been in there a lot longer. You lost a little bit of weed, that sucks, but at least you didn't get falsely accused and given the death sentence for murdering three people.
Dumbest post of 2011 so far?

I just wanted to note that in my post of Sunday, February 6th, 2011, 5:10 AM, for some inexplicable reason, I said "fine tooth come". I realize it is "fine tooth comb", so I don't know how this could've possibly happened. it has been corrected.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't cops have access to much larger marijuana stashes? I'd say the place that filled your prescription ripped you off the 7 grams...they probably do it all the time.

I just wanted to note that in my post of Sunday, February 6th, 2011, 5:10 AM, for some inexplicable reason, I said "fine tooth come". I realize it is "fine tooth comb", so I don't know how this could've possibly happened. it has been corrected.
Freudian slip