• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?He doesn't care what we think, he is trying to re-establish a dictatorship.The problem with dictators and their regimes is that many people stand to get theirs if the dictator leaves office, so they will support him out of self interest.Egypt will burn for quite a whileThere's no one to step up and help them.
I think it's funny that he believes he can get rid of every video in the country of him using force to re-establish control. I think he needs a plan B because this isn't going over very well.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/04/opinion/...istof.html?_r=1We Are All EgyptiansBy NICHOLAS D. KRISTOFPublished: February 3, 2011 Nicholas D. Kristof/The New York TimesDr. Nawal El Saadawi, a leading Arab feminist, with protesters in Tahrir Inside Tahrir Square on Thursday, I met a carpenter named Mahmood whose left arm was in a sling, whose leg was in a cast and whose head was being bandaged in a small field hospital set up by the democracy movement. This was the seventh time in 24 hours that he had needed medical treatment for injuries suffered at the hands of government-backed mobs. But as soon as Mahmood was bandaged, he tottered off once again to the front lines. “I’ll fight as long as I can,” he told me. I was awestruck. That seemed to be an example of determination that could never be surpassed, but as I snapped Mahmood’s picture I backed into Amr’s wheelchair. It turned out that Amr had lost his legs many years ago in a train accident, but he rolled his wheelchair into Tahrir Square to show support for democracy, hurling rocks back at the mobs that President Hosni Mubarak apparently sent to besiege the square. Amr (I’m not using some last names to reduce the risks to people I quote) was being treated for a wound from a flying rock. I asked him as politely as I could what a double-amputee in a wheelchair was doing in a pitched battle involving Molotov cocktails, clubs, machetes, bricks and straight razors. “I still have my hands,” he said firmly. “God willing, I will keep fighting.” That was Tahrir Square on Thursday: pure determination, astounding grit, and, at times, heartbreaking suffering. Mr. Mubarak has disgraced the twilight of his presidency. His government appears to have unleashed a brutal crackdown — hunting down human rights activists, journalists and, of course, demonstrators themselves, all while trying to block citizens from Tahrir Square. As I arrived near the square in the morning, I encountered a line of Mr. Mubarak’s goons carrying wooden clubs with nails embedded in them. That did not seem an opportune place to step out of a taxi, so I found a back way in. So did many, many others. At Tahrir Square’s field hospital (a mosque in normal times), 150 doctors have volunteered their services, despite the risk to themselves. Maged, a 64-year-old doctor who relies upon a cane to walk, told me that he hadn’t been previously involved in the protests, but that when he heard about the government’s assault on peaceful pro-democracy protesters, something snapped. So early Thursday morning, he prepared a will and then drove 125 miles to Tahrir Square to volunteer to treat the injured. “I don’t care if I don’t go back,” he told me. “I decided I had to be part of this.” “If I die,” he added, “this is for my country.” article continued at link above- good stuff.-----The comments in the NY Times are stirring as well. I don't know what government is going to come out of this, but my heart really goes to the Egyptian people who want nothing more than what we have and take for granted every day, freedom. This is an event that will do down in the history books, how it turns out is to say the least, interesting.
I don't know what government is going to come out of this, but my heart really goes to the Egyptian people who want nothing more than what we have and take for granted every day, freedom. This is an event that will do down in the history books, how it turns out is to say the least, interesting.
It is stirring and inspiring when you see people fighting for freedom.Unfortunately if the brotherhood gains power they can kiss most of their freedoms goodbye.I hope they come out of this with a real strong democracy but I fear the opposite will happen.
It is stirring and inspiring when you see people fighting for freedom.Unfortunately if the brotherhood gains power they can kiss most of their freedoms goodbye.I hope they come out of this with a real strong democracy but I fear the opposite will happen.
I hope this turns out great for them and for the region.I fear it will not.
In one generation, Germany went from delousing Europe to gaydom.
yet we don't have to bend over for china...
But the man taking over is an "ardent anti-islamist" and is supported by the CIA. I heard one time he shoved a suppository up a dude's ass and slapped him so hard his blindfold came off. Then he destroyed the supply line of weapons going into Gaza. You should be filled with righteous indignation right now.
But the man taking over is an "ardent anti-islamist" and is supported by the CIA. I heard one time he shoved a suppository up a dude's ass and slapped him so hard his blindfold came off. Then he destroyed the supply line of weapons going into Gaza. You should be filled with righteous indignation right now.
Oh no. All-in is gonna be pissed.
u and brvheart really have no idea.....it is NOT the vice prez who's taking over, it's the military..nice try though..actually, it wasn't a nice try....just a quick skim through the news reports would've clued u 2 in....
ALLAH ACKBAR!
it's spelled "Admiral"
u and brvheart really have no idea.....it is NOT the vice prez who's taking over, it's the military..nice try though..actually, it wasn't a nice try....just a quick skim through the news reports would've clued u 2 in....
a military takeover! those always go well.
"Mubarak said he was handing "the functions of the president" to Vice-President Omar Suleiman." I guess that sentence led me to believe that Mubarak was handing the functions of the president to Omar Suleiman.
"Mubarak said he was handing "the functions of the president" to Vice-President Omar Suleiman." I guess that sentence led me to believe that Mubarak was handing the functions of the president to Omar Suleiman.
You're a day behind.
Vice President Omar Suleiman announced the resignation on state television and said he was transferring authority to the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces to "run the affairs of the country."

Good thing the Egyptian military is in the pocket of the United States.Nothing better than having a country that hates the US by a factor of 8:1 get a military take over. If it goes bad, who do you think they will blame?

Good thing the Egyptian military is in the pocket of the United States.Nothing better than having a country that hates the US by a factor of 8:1 get a military take over. If it goes bad, who do you think they will blame?
Now you're just making shit up
I was just praising Allah. Did you not read my post?
a military takeover! those always go well.
They do when it's only very logical and caring Muslims.
I heard one time he shoved a suppository up a dude's ass and slapped him so hard his blindfold came off. Then he destroyed the supply line of weapons going into Gaza. You should be filled with righteous indignation right now.
Please tell us more about what you heard. Because what you've heard is so compelling. What you've heard is a great way to bring authority to your argument. The things you've heard.
Please tell us more about what you heard. Because what you've heard is so compelling. What you've heard is a great way to bring authority to your argument. The things you've heard.
I don't really understand your beef. I'm just pointing out that according to the link All-in provided, the Vp of Egypt is supported by the CIA because of his tough stance on Islamic fundamentalism, so he shouldn't be so seemingly excited that Mubarak is stepping down. Because All-in thinks the U.S. is the great devil.
I don't really understand your beef. I'm just pointing out that according to the link All-in provided, the Vp of Egypt is supported by the CIA because of his tough stance on Islamic fundamentalism, so he shouldn't be so seemingly excited that Mubarak is stepping down. Because All-in thinks the U.S. is the great devil.
He was asking you to source your claims about asses and blindfolds, I think.