• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that Zakk Wylde is a huge celebrity or anything, but does anyone think it is kind of not fair to have a well known musician perform with a contestant? Can they bring in anyone to perform with them? I'm sure that Zakk Wylde has some die hard fans that are going to vote for James just because Zakk Wylde was performing. Or some fans are going to vote for James because they really liked Wylde's 30 second electric guitar solo which is not fair to me.

Not that Zakk Wylde is a huge celebrity or anything, but does anyone think it is kind of not fair to have a well known musician perform with a contestant? Can they bring in anyone to perform with them? I'm sure that Zakk Wylde has some die hard fans that are going to vote for James just because Zakk Wylde was performing. Or some fans are going to vote for James because they really liked Wylde's 30 second electric guitar solo which is not fair to me.
I agree with this. My wife and I said the same thing when Steven Tyler said he would perform with him onstage if he made the finale. That could influence Aerosmith fans (which admittedly probably already are voting for Durbin) to vote for him.Kind of ironic that Zakk Wylde played the part of the Steel Dragon guitarist in Rock Star and that's what I wanted Durbin to sing. Guess that's kinda close?I don't think I know much Black Label Society and I'm not sure how many people (outside of us 80s rock nerds) that would have even known that Wylde was Ozzy's guitarist if Randy had not said something.
Wow! Casey and Haley's duet tonight was incredible.
Agree 100%.Stefano probably should have gone home....but for whatever reason (I really don't know for sure) I despise Paul so I'm glad he's gone.
Ya, i actually watched it twice and that pretty much never happens. She should just sing Erica Badu songs from her on our and she'd win.
Yes, it was great. JJJ probably didn't get it though.Sad to see Paul go as he was one of my favourites but I didn't expect he would win, and this week's performance was really weak I thought so I'm not surprised. Overall I would have rather seen Stefano go but his B2M performance was actually really good so I'm not surprised he got another week. Haley was really weak this week too (on Call Me) but her duet with Casey makes me really glad she's going to get another week. I hope she can build on this. Lauren was amazing this week with The Climb. Shockingly good. And Durbin (who I really dislike, most of the time) was right and pretty damn good singing Heavy Metal. The guitar solo was strange though - this is a SINGING COMPETITION, after all... And good god, can someone please please please vote Jacob off, already? He's so painful to listen to.
She should just sing Erica Badu songs from her on our and she'd win.
Heh.It was weird how the band started playing Maggie May before Jennifer even requested it....I thought Stefano should have gone. It was the right bottom 3 though (well I would switch Scotty for Haley out of my personal taste). Haley should have sung "I Want You to Want Me". Casey was phenomenal.
Just watched that duet seeing as I never watch the whole results show. That was truly great!
I never watch it either. I only stopped because I noticed it was a duet with Casey, and figured it had to be good. I still haven't watched the duet with low voice country kid and blond chick, and I don't plan to.
I never watch it either. I only stopped because I noticed it was a duet with Casey, and figured it had to be good. I still haven't watched the duet with low voice country kid and blond chick, and I don't plan to.
Yeah I rewound because the judges looked like they were going apeshit. FFWD to the last 5 minutes immediately afterwards.
So you guys all missed Kelly Clarkson making fun of Ryan's sexual performance?
I didn't even know she was on.
So you guys all missed Kelly Clarkson making fun of Ryan's sexual performance?
I was too busy trying to figure out what ate Kelly Clarkson.

Yeah, so anyway, she was babbling on about something (maybe Twitter, maybe Casey looking "delicious," maybe both?) and Ryan just wanted to get on with the show and he said he just wanted to get to the end and she said "that's just like a man" but I guess there weren't any drums on stage because I didn't hear a rimshot.

I can't stand James Durbin. I don't just want him voted off, I want him to die.Also: Casey is a badass.

I had the Herm Edwards face going during that opening segment with the eliminated contestants:340x.jpgScotty - He has a good country voice; I don't know what else there is to say about him.Durbin - Outfit notwithstanding, I liked this performance.Steven Tyler - So you're just going to keep that lipstick on the whole show, huh?Haley - Your future...it's...the bottom three.I'm actually kind of enjoying these intros.Stefano - Except his. Ugh. Can we get rid of this guy already?Casey - Total win. Lauren - Destined for 3rd place, I think. Still super cute.Hmm, I seem to have forgotten somebody.Oh, Jacob - I like him more when he's subdued, which is pretty much the opposite of what Randy tells him. Also, huge lol when Ryan tries to play up the emotional aspect of it and he tells him no, it was just a technical glitch. Way to work the crowd, Jacob.Stefano, Haley, Jacob - bottom three and next three out.

I had the Herm Edwards face going during that opening segment with the eliminated contestants:
OMG, that might have been the worst thing I've ever heard on Idol. The guy who got eliminated last week (don't even remember his name) was singing off key, all those women are horrible. At least Pia looked hot as always.