Stefano Langone-"Hello"
missing-hello.jpg
Haley Reinhart- She's kind of distracting with her dancing and doesn't seem to connect with the audience either.
Oh yeah, she had this elephant trunk thing going on with her left arm. She would just let it dangle out there. Weird.
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought James was actually quite good, even though I really dislike him.Casey was good, but I agree I'm getting a bit bored.Jacob, not sure what it is about him that I don't like, even though he's great. I think it's the fact that when he looks into the camera, he's going to break out in "What What in the butt". He reminds me of that big time.

Casey Abrams-“Heard It Through The Grapevine”I want to feel like he is taking it more seriously. I don't like the screamy thing he does, which he seems to be doing increasingly and thinking of it as some kind of special niche of his.Thia Megia- “Heatwave”I love this song but she couldn't deliver the punch and spunk it needs. She is just too pageant. Jacob Lusk-“You’re All I Need To Get By”Very good though the arrangement got a bit too gospelly for my taste.Lauren Alaina-“You Keep Me Hanging On”Very good and she is a sweet girl, I just don't see her getting far though.Stefano Langone-“Hello”Boring guy. Decent voice but doesn't even try to connect with the song. He is just so phoney and chipper I can't stand it. Haley Reinhart-“You Really Got a Hold On Me”The styling for her was horrific this week. She is a really sexy girl and her voice is so original, but she overdid it with this song and didn't deliver on the emotion of it. I wish I could have had her sing Heatwave or something else a bit more uptempo. Scotty McCreery-“For Once In My Life”Fair enough with the country spin on the song and it worked ok but was still pretty boring. Pia Toscano-“All In Love Is Fair”She needs to show she can do more than just ballads.Paul McDonald-“Tracks Of My Tears”Yeah it was good. Someone always does this song and I remember Adam Lambert tearing it apart so I think contestants need to leave it alone and find something they can "make their own". I hear this song too much on the radio etc and am kind of sick of it to be honest.Naima Adedapo-“Dancing In The Streets”Not great vocally. The dance was fun if you're into that kind of thing, most people aren't though.James Durbin-“Living For The City”He stuck his high note in there, fine for him, not amazing but good.I didn't find this week very exciting.

Paul McDonald-"Tracks Of My Tears"Yeah it was good. Someone always does this song and I remember Adam Lambert tearing it apart so I think contestants need to leave it alone and find something they can "make their own". I hear this song too much on the radio etc and am kind of sick of it to be honest.
That was my favorite performance by Lambert; thought it was great. I thought Paul's version was much different.Edit:

What the hell, this was the stupidest episode ever. The Hulk Hogan thing was ridiculous and lame. Interrupting Casey's singing to use the save sooner was dumb, just let him do his performance, I was enjoying it. Why do they have to go so over the top to create drama? We just want to see people singing.

Every year I forget american idol is one of my faggy pleasures (a result of my "you should be a singer" signing voice), forget that this section of the forum exists, and forget to clear up the dumbass opinions on the show here. Lady Grey has the best overall judgment in this thread. Pia, however, is vastly under-rated here, the complaint being "too many ballads".She has, and this isn't even close, the best chops and potential of the bunch.The young blond is young, absurdly at ease and has a great radio voice, so she may take it.Casey being the bottom vote this week is a clear indicator that the voting audience is musically shortsighted and stupid. They vote him off this week, and next year he outsells almost everyone else on the show.Pia or the young blond win. If I'm wrong I won't post in the entertainment section again.The four worst remaining are Naima, or whater her name is, the alternative guy who misses notes and has one gear and wears the roses jacket, whatever his name is, the George Bush look-alike one trick pony country singer, and the chick who Randy is always asking to be raspy... her rasp being the worst part of her voice. The only time I liked her was on the country song with the yodeling and no rasp.

What the hell, this was the stupidest episode ever. The Hulk Hogan thing was ridiculous and lame. Interrupting Casey's singing to use the save sooner was dumb, just let him do his performance, I was enjoying it. Why do they have to go so over the top to create drama? We just want to see people singing.
It is a television show. They're going to do some things to interject and even maximize drama. I liked that they interrupted Casey's performance - it was WAY better than the fake little deliberation that they do after someone sings. Even though it is a little contrived it sends the message that it was a no-brainer. You might want to get used to the TV Show aspect of this thing. Insights to people's backgrounds. Shots from backstage and the "mansion". Human interest crap. At least no one left has a dead wife.
It is a television show. They're going to do some things to interject and even maximize drama. I liked that they interrupted Casey's performance - it was WAY better than the fake little deliberation that they do after someone sings. Even though it is a little contrived it sends the message that it was a no-brainer. You might want to get used to the TV Show aspect of this thing. Insights to people's backgrounds. Shots from backstage and the "mansion". Human interest crap. At least no one left has a dead wife.
I knew Casey was going to be last when he was in the bottom three and that he was going to be saved because Ryan said about halfway through the show, "You're going to want to stick around to the end of the show tonight." I don't know that Casey's reaction to being saved is doing him any favors; I think he took it a couple steps beyond strange.Interestingly enough, I had a conversation before the show about who would the judges save if they were going to be sent home. I had Casey, James, Lauren, Jacob, and Pia in the almost certainly yes category, Paul and Scotty in the maybe category, Thia and Stefano in the probably not, and Haley and Naima with no chance.Predicted order of finish:11. Naima10. Stefano9. Thia8. Haley7. Paul6. Casey5. Scotty4. Pia3. Jacob2. Lauren1. James

I never got around to watching last weeks, I will probably skim through the performances and skip the results show and all the judges critiquing. Maybe now I will be able to watch the show the night of this week.

Scotty McCreery (”Country Comfort”) He is definately doing better with stage presence, but I don't think he really sang it that well or that his old fashioned country style is going anywhere.Naima Adedapo (”I’m Still Standing”)Didn't get it.Paul McDonald (”Rocket Man”) Lose the suit. Don't like his high range to be honest.Pia Toscano (”Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me”) Boring. Shake that booty.Stefano Langone (”Tiny Dancer”)Cya, wouldn't want to be ya.Lauren Alaina (”Candle in the Wind”) Still my fav. She just has amazing presence that sucks you in when she is on stage. A natural.James Durbin (”Saturday’s Night Alright For Fighting”) He actually did it well. He is like a doofus heavy metal singer though and not sure where his direction is and if it will be popular. I'll admit he can sing though and it was pretty amazing to see him work the crowd and move around and he's fun, just not David Lee Roth for sure.Thia Megia (”Daniel”)Cure and an unique clear voice and improving. Hope she stays. She did seem to connect a little finally.Casey Abrams (”Your Song”) So glad he didn't go home now. He did an amazing job with a really popular song that's hard to cover. Kudos. He's actually a really likeable dude as well.Jacob Lusk (”Sorry Seems to Be The Hardest Word”)Okay, amazing voice but I want to see him go in a different direction and shuck the gospel twang. He kept it under a control somewhat but he's got troubles. Looks weird moving to me on stage or actually it's his weird faces which is distracting. Better if you close your eyes I guess. Haley Reinhart (”Bennie and the Jets’)Parts I really liked, parts not so much. She's like a really good lounge act but not the American Idol.

Glad Casey brought back his A game this week, thought it was well done.James Durbin is just a natural performer, the guy is going to have great success. Still needs an arrogance/ego check.I really like Haley for the first time this week.No one else really stood out to me.The correct two went home imo

James Durbin is just a natural performer, the guy is going to have great success.
Yeah I don't know. He is definitely a great performer, but 80's hair bands went out of style in the... 80's. Do you think he is good enough to listen to. At this point I just can't see people wanting to buy his music. He probably is the front runner on the show, but I think other contestants will do better after the show.I don't really listen to r&b, but I think I can see people wanting to listen to Jacob Lusk after the show. Country fans will like Lauren and Scotty. I'm still on the fence about Pia, obviously amazing voice but I'm not sure if people will appreciate it and want to buy her music.
Yeah I don't know. He is definitely a great performer, but 80's hair bands went out of style in the... 80's. Do you think he is good enough to listen to. At this point I just can't see people wanting to buy his music. He probably is the front runner on the show, but I think other contestants will do better after the show.
This maybe true, but I'm still stuck in the 80's hair band era. Last 5 concerts I've been to were Styx, Warrant, Ratt, Firehouse, L.A. Guns and my next concert is Motley Crue/Poison so I'm probably a little biast.I would DEFINITELY buy his music and would DEFINITELY go see him in concert.I am actually considering going to see the American Idol tour this year cause I like most of the contestants. I have always previously considered that tour to be extremely homo and it may still be, but for some reason I'm OK with that this year.
I am actually considering going to see the American Idol tour this year cause I like most of the contestants. I have always previously considered that tour to be extremely homo and it may still be, but for some reason I'm OK with that this year.
the thing that makes it homo is the group songs with lip synching and shitty choreography that you will probably see a lot of in the concert.
the thing that makes it homo is the group songs with lip synching and shitty choreography that you will probably see a lot of in the concert.
umm, they haven't been lip synching this year and I thought the the way they broke it up in to small groups this week on the elimation show this week was pretty cool. I like the vibe of the show alot better as well, Ryan is better not bantering with Simon, JLO is awesome and Randy is even better. I like they aren't drawing out the elimations endessly as well. Let's face it, given the variety and styles no one is going to like everything, but I think it is amazing to watch them progress. I really like how they are showing the producer working with the contestants as well. It's all much improved imho.

I'm so pissed, I put money on Thia & Paul McDonald (both were 29 to 1). And they both were in the bottom 3. I was so scared they would be put out. Paul Macdonald is now 34-1, so I put more on him, a little bit on Haley (14-1). The favourites right now are the country boy (3-1) and Pia (3.5-1). Come on Paul!!!

I realize Paul has likely no chance, but no value in betting the favourites.
He was my favorite tonight.Wow what an amazing show. I previously lost interest, but after this episode I'm hooked the rest of the way.

Casey is still easily my favorite. I love everything about him.