2011 Fcp Weight Loss Challenge

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a thread to catch up on...Adam- congrats on getting right back on the horse today. Forget yesterday, do best you can now I say. I lol'ed at "she reminded me a few of the reasons..."Dale- Dont go cheating on the diet with your ex! You taking her out tonight? Serge- I know exactly what you mean. I find it ridiculous how bad steamed veggies taste, but how good all the "bad" food tastes. Which reminds me, once Im ready for a bounce of the wagon during the playoffs, can you and JP take me to your sushi place? Did you guys go to the one by my office, or is that just with the family? Wife hates sushi, so Im always on the lookout for different sushi places I can hit with just the boys.Dubey- Thats a nice gf you got there. Zach- Drinking is so bad for the diet. (Im telling you nothing you dont know) But I also find I eat a ton the day after too. Double whammy.

what a thread to catch up on...Adam- congrats on getting right back on the horse today. Forget yesterday, do best you can now I say. I lol'ed at "she reminded me a few of the reasons..."Dale- Dont go cheating on the diet with your ex! You taking her out tonight? Serge- I know exactly what you mean. I find it ridiculous how bad steamed veggies taste, but how good all the "bad" food tastes. Which reminds me, once Im ready for a bounce of the wagon during the playoffs, can you and JP take me to your sushi place? Did you guys go to the one by my office, or is that just with the family? Wife hates sushi, so Im always on the lookout for different sushi places I can hit with just the boys.Dubey- Thats a nice gf you got there. Zach- Drinking is so bad for the diet. (Im telling you nothing you dont know) But I also find I eat a ton the day after too. Double whammy.
The sushi place we go to is in Pickering. Makimono..Its amazing..All you can order, fresh and very tasty and lots of variety..They dont have sashimi at lunch though..We love sushi and i go at least 2 or 3 times a month.
I actually tend to not eat while I drink, and I can never stomach a lot of food when I'm hung over.
I cant touch food when I drink, but I meant the day after. About 24hrs after the drinking stops, Im starving.

I am the opposite..Maybe because i dont drink the quantitities you guys are talking about..After about 3 to 4 beers, i make bad decisions...I will eat more and tend to eat stuff that i wouldnt have eaten if i wasnt drinking.

What's the time frame for this challenge?
The end of the regular season in hockey..Circa first week of April
This is very good. I find we eat a lot of the time out of boredom. Drinking plenty of water helps with that and it also satisfies some oral needs you may have.Another little trick I use is to brush my teeth after I eat or drink anything besides water. You want to eat that ______ then go ahead, but don't forget to brush your teeth immediately afterward. It sort of takes the convenience out of quick, convenient snacking.
lol nope
Ha.Brushing your teeth is a great trick. Since most of us our fatties we're probably eating too much sugar. Brushing your teeth (well) after eating sugar almost completely negates the negative dental effect - it is only a problem if the sugar sits on your teeth.Not sure about the oral needs, but drinking really cold water satisfies my bordeom eating. And putting a slice of lime or lemon is awesome - adds just that little bit of taste.
If I take out MY ex it'll be in a Sopranos sort of way.

Don't feel bad if you have 1 or 2 bad meals in a week. Try to keep it to 1 cheat meal, and don"t feel guilty about it. Havign a pizza dinner or a burger night won't ruin your fat loss regime. But don't turn 1 cheat meal into a whole day of overeating and bad food, keep it to 1 meal without guilt. That way you won't feel like you failed at your goals and you be less likely to quit

First real challenge this week, we are going for a sushi lunch..Gonna not eat any of the fried stuff and just keep the portions down...Also by having a late lunch i can have a very small dinner.

First real challenge this week, we are going for a sushi lunch..Gonna not eat any of the fried stuff and just keep the portions down...Also by having a late lunch i can have a very small dinner.
I didn't know "fried" and "sushi" went together, I thought the whole point was that it's raw fish. Unless you're talking about Tempura, which sounds great but I've never tried it myself.
I didn't know "fried" and "sushi" went together, I thought the whole point was that it's raw fish. Unless you're talking about Tempura, which sounds great but I've never tried it myself.
Yes..Shrimp Tempura, Vegetable Tempura, Fried Calamari is all part of it..I will not partake in that.
Yes..Shrimp Tempura, Vegetable Tempura, Fried Calamari is all part of it..I will not partake in that.
See, I didn't know eating tempura qualified as going out for sushi, if I did I'd probably go. <grin>I forced myself to try sushi a few years ago just so I wouldn't be one of those people who didn't like it without having tried it. I tried it. I don't really like it. I got red tuna with the rice, just wasn't my thing at all. I can eat California roll pieces no problem, but they're pretty entry level.
See, I didn't know eating tempura qualified as going out for sushi, if I did I'd probably go. <grin>I forced myself to try sushi a few years ago just so I wouldn't be one of those people who didn't like it without having tried it. I tried it. I don't really like it. I got red tuna with the rice, just wasn't my thing at all. I can eat California roll pieces no problem, but they're pretty entry level.
The place we go to has everything..So sometimes we go with people that dont like sushi but you eat a lot there..Beef teriyaki,chicken teriyaki..Fried rice..The specialy is sushi but they have evertyhing..All you can order....Great deal for $20 dinner and like $15 lunch.

I haven't cheated yet. Going pretty well so far. I've only really been tempted a few times. We have a bunch of chocolate and candy in our cupboard left over form Christmas, and I really wanted to eat some last night, but I passed. I should probably throw that stuff out. Brought some Oranges and Crispy Minis for my morning and afternoon snacks today. Crispy minis aren't exactly healthy, but they are decently filling and low calorie/fairly low sodium, plus they are delicious.

I've cheated a little, but the main thing is that I got back on track both times. Had the Mexican dinner on Tuesday, then work ordered pizza for everyone yesterday and I was only able to ignore it for 2 hours before caving. I've definitely lost weight, I can feel that but I won't know how much until Monday morning.

Doc says possible stress fracture. Everything points to it being that or a stress overload which just means that it is about to fracture if continued stress is put on the bone. I could get an MRI which would provide definitive proof but at this time he believes that is worthless since the recovery is the same either way. No running for 3 weeks. Bike is fine and he wants me to take the 3 weeks and exercise my core as it will help my legs and back (which I have had a little issue with). It's going to be rough because the only working out I enjoy is running but I just have to dig deep and go for it since it should get me back to running soon and my running should improve because of it. I cheated last night with BBQ. Liz and I had one of our adoption home studies last night and it went really well. Stressful as shit but I think we came out of it ok. We had no idea what to expect and it was 2.5 hours of questions like:What was the path that got you to this point?Why did you marry Steve/Liz?How will you handle discipline?What kind of parents do you want to be?and about 20 more of the same. We were completely caught off guard but I think it went well. So we celebrated by going and getting some BBQ! Everyone loves BBQ!

Doc says possible stress fracture. Everything points to it being that or a stress overload which just means that it is about to fracture if continued stress is put on the bone. I could get an MRI which would provide definitive proof but at this time he believes that is worthless since the recovery is the same either way. No running for 3 weeks. Bike is fine and he wants me to take the 3 weeks and exercise my core as it will help my legs and back (which I have had a little issue with). It's going to be rough because the only working out I enjoy is running but I just have to dig deep and go for it since it should get me back to running soon and my running should improve because of it. I cheated last night with BBQ. Liz and I had one of our adoption home studies last night and it went really well. Stressful as shit but I think we came out of it ok. We had no idea what to expect and it was 2.5 hours of questions like:What was the path that got you to this point?Why did you marry Steve/Liz?How will you handle discipline?What kind of parents do you want to be?and about 20 more of the same. We were completely caught off guard but I think it went well. So we celebrated by going and getting some BBQ! Everyone loves BBQ!
Crazy questions..At least they didnt ask who is your favourite hockey team...:club: