2011 Fcp Weight Loss Challenge

edit - plus the alcoholism
That's is going to be my biggest problem with this whole thing, I went out Friday night and probably had a dozen Captain and Diets...that's better than 1200 calories, roughly the amount I need to stick to for the entire day in order to lose weight.
  • Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's is going to be my biggest problem with this whole thing, I went out Friday night and probably had a dozen Captain and Diets...that's better than 1200 calories, roughly the amount I need to stick to for the entire day in order to lose weight.
What? 1200 calories per day for you would probably be pretty unhealthy. My "goal" to maintain my weight is like 2500. I'd like to do 2k, but man food is good.
What? 1200 calories per day for you would probably be pretty unhealthy. My "goal" to maintain my weight is like 2500. I'd like to do 2k, but man food is good.
As opposed to what I am now? <grin>1200 per day is what my buddy was doing after he had his bypass surgery, his weight dropped like a lead sinker (110-115 pounds in around 4-5 months) which is my ultimate goal in doing this whole mess. High protein, low fat. It's definitely doable, but obviously his road was made much easier by the fact that he was never very hungry, aside from the mental cravings. I really, really don't want to have surgery. This is an idea of what 1200 calories and less than 20g of fat looks like:Meal #1 Small appleMeal #2 FiberOne Breakfast BarMeal #3 Nonfat YogurtMeal #4 Lean Cuisine microwave lunch thingyMeal #5 Decent sized salad with low-cal, no fat dressingMeal #6 Lean Cuisine microwave dinner thingyMeal #7 Frozen steamer bag of vegetables with dinnerIf it turns out that I just can't manage with that amount of caloric intake, I'll up it (somehow...that's a lot of food and eating), no problem. Just want to see what's doable.

I thought 1200 was pretty low too, if you can manage it great though...I think if you can burn off 300-500 calories a day, even better.

Depends on the banana chips. Not all are made the same way. You should always look at ingredients and info on stuff you buy.Fig Newtons are actually low in sugar and again are loaded with the good carbs that you need. I generally have 4 an hour before my runs.Edit: Obviously I am working out often so I need foods that are healthy but also have the carbs and protein needed to maintain my energy during the workouts. If you are just dieting than you would need a different menu.

Just had lunch with a 25 year old chick at work. Told her what I was doing and she said to me, "Why? You are not fat and you look 20 years younger than you are. Keeping do what you are doing." Just made my day.BTW, had a 6 inch roast beef and still hunger pains.

i have been pretty good today, had my shake for breakfast and so far thats holding me over..The shake is a product that my wife is involved with(mostly her friend)...Its a mixture of proteins and is a meal replacement...It has worked for me in the past.The idea is you have two shakes during the day, along with snacks and a sensible dinner.Its not a gimmicky product, its totally safe and the company has been around for years..

I have candy sitting in front of me all day. I don't know how I'm supposed to last. I'm already slacking.
That's why I'm not way over 400 pounds, candy and desserts and chocolate and whatnot (sweets) have never been a serious craving for me. I'll eat them, but my candy binges (when I had them, I've had zero interest in candy since I really got big...I know, it's weird) would only last like a week once a year. I've had half of a key lime pie sitting in my freezer for two of the four months I've lived in my apartment. My niece once begged me to have a piece of her birthday cake because I would always turn down dessert at family parties, it's just not my thing. I can murder an entire bag of Cool Ranch Doritos in under an hour though.
lunch today? 2 cans of flaked white tuna, with mustard. Its on!
Hey that sounds pretty good. I may have to try this.
Oh man, that does sound good...that's going on the next grocery list. Maybe a little Red Hot along with it...
That's why I'm not way over 400 pounds, candy and desserts and chocolate and whatnot (sweets) have never been a serious craving for me. I'll eat them, but my candy binges (when I had them, I've had zero interest in candy since I really got big...I know, it's weird) would only last like a week once a year. I've had half of a key lime pie sitting in my freezer for two of the four months I've lived in my apartment. My niece once begged me to have a piece of her birthday cake because I would always turn down dessert at family parties, it's just not my thing. I can murder an entire bag of Cool Ranch Doritos in under an hour though.
**** Doritos, they are my weakness...Wow Cool Ranch..STOP IT
**** Doritos, they are my weakness...Wow Cool Ranch..STOP IT
I owe at least five pounds to the Stadium Nacho Doritos they released for the start of the NFL season, those things were awesome. My brother runs a corner store and I asked him to check with his vendor about ordering me a case after they went out of stock at the supermarket...I think he did me a favor by agreeing to ask and then never getting back to me about it. <grin>
Just had lunch with a 25 year old chick at work. Told her what I was doing and she said to me, "Why? You are not fat and you look 20 years younger than you are. Keeping do what you are doing." Just made my day.BTW, had a 6 inch roast beef.
Pretty sure i'd have a 6inch piece of beef too if a hot 25 year old hit on me like that.i've done my eating for the day and went on a 5k run today. feeling healthy aside from my ass which is hurting like hell. guess i didnt stretch the glutes!
Pretty sure i'd have a 6inch piece of beef too if a hot 25 year old hit on me like that.i've done my eating for the day and went on a 5k run today. feeling healthy aside from my ass which is hurting like hell. guess i didnt stretch the glutes!
I'm jealous of people who can just go out and run, even in high school I had trouble with anything over a short burst. At my peak when I was playing football I was able to finish a required two mile run in about 16 minutes, but that's the only distance run I can remember not having major problems with. My buddy is around 250 and runs ultramarathons...I have no idea how he does it. He used to be bigger than I am but he was in the Army for like 15 years so I'm sure that helps teach your body what it can do.

I am very excited I am starting up ball hockey again tomorrow..its just in a gym with plastic blades but its an hour of non stop running, pretty sick workout..i am drenched in sweat after the hour.Twice a week ..I cant wait.

Hey that sounds pretty good. I may have to try this.
For me, its suprisingly tasty. And there is a lot of protein, with next to no fat, and next to no carbs. If you have to add something, I also recommend craisins, they seem to add some sweetness, but thats a lot of sugar.

If anyone out there, I guess Arp and Wayne, is interested in joining us for Ball hockey for some exercise let me know and Ill send details..The thing is its hard if you have a real job..Maybe Arp you can get away not sure if you are too busy..We play in a Scarborough community centre, every Tuesday and Thursday from noon to 1pm..Its fun.