2011 Fcp Weight Loss Challenge

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I dieted, I added a lot of salt to things like boiled chicken and vegetables. It helped with the taste, and I still lost a lot of weight. I guess I would have been better off without the salt, but boiled chicken and steamed/tossed in light oil veggies dont appeal to me too much, gotta add something.
Salt won't make much of a difference with a weight loss goal, it's just bad for you.For fun here was what I ate yesterday and today:Monday: 4 Fig Newtons6" Subway Turkey Sub with lettuce, onions, pickles, lite mayo, mustardFish, peas, mashed potato24 oz of waterTuesday:OatmealEnglish muffin w/ yogurt butter2 mini grilled chicken sandwich on Hawaiian roll.handful of jalapeno chips8 oz OJ8 oz waterNot great but dinner needs work. Bought Liz a new vehicle last night and got home late and didn't have time to prepare anything fabulous.
exercising sucks. my lower back and calfs are killing me today! i feel like i need a massage haha
This is why if you have an infinite amount of money there is no reason you should be fat.i would have a full time masseuse, cook, personal trainer, nanny and dietician living with me.If i was Oprah I look like a supermodel..IMO

That's generally why celebrities are in such fantastic shape, when your ability to get $20 million jobs is entirely dependent on how good you look with your shirt off, you tend to eat right and exercise 4 hours per day.

Have used that in the past... the cleanse days are when the real weight loss happens.
Yeah cleanse days are brutal :club:
no...Its a company called Shaklee
Ahh just wondered, sounds like they are basically the same thing.
Good Luck FattiesI'm carrying about 7 or 8 pounds of pudge around my belly, just need to exercise more mostly.
Get at it TubTub.
Yeah cleanse days are brutal :)Ahh just wondered, sounds like they are basically the same thing.Get at it TubTub.
welcome back post more.

If you work a 9 to 5 job in an office there is no reason not to be able to soace out you meals evenly and have 6 meals a day7:30 Breakfast10:00 Snack112:00 Lunch3:00 Snack26:00 Supper9:00 Snack3Doing this makes you not be hungry all the time. I aim for each of those meals to be about 400 calories, if its a snack I usually go under by 100-200 hundred (like a granola bar and a fruit), if its a main meal I might go over a bit. To get past hunger, it VERY important to drink lost of water. You should be taking a leak as often as an annoying woman. Try to consume 8 large glasses a day. Drinking green tea is a good way to help get your water intake up and its really healthy.**whatch out for those granola bars, lots of them have added sugar

whatch out for those granola bars, lots of them have added sugar
In many cases granola bars are "worse" than chocolate bars -- tons of sugar, sodium and fat -- actually be careful of 'fake' healthy food in general. Kashi makes the healthiest ones.
In many cases granola bars are "worse" than chocolate bars -- tons of sugar, sodium and fat -- actually be careful of 'fake' healthy food in general. Kashi makes the healthiest ones.
I love the kashi bar too. Dark mocha almond is the nuts.
I'm doing the Oats and Peanut Butter FiberOne bars, they're 150 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 9 grams of sugar. Pretty close to the Kashi bars, 20 more calories, half a gram more fat, 3 grams more sugar.
I'm doing the Oats and Peanut Butter FiberOne bars, they're 150 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 9 grams of sugar. Pretty close to the Kashi bars, 20 more calories, half a gram more fat, 3 grams more sugar.
I'm doing Compliments (Canadian only) low fat chocolate chip. Bought low fat by accident, but have since done a taste test and prefer the taste.Only 26g per bar, so I think they're much less filling then the ones you are talking about.100 calories, 2.5g fat 6g sugar. 19g of carbs, low sodium.Also snacking on almonds. So far I've been able to keep it under 10 almonds/snack.I must have filled up my water bottle half a dozen times yesterday, with at least 20 pees.Now you're all up to date.
I'm doing Compliments (Canadian only) low fat chocolate chip. Bought low fat by accident, but have since done a taste test and prefer the taste.Only 26g per bar, so I think they're much less filling then the ones you are talking about.100 calories, 2.5g fat 6g sugar. 19g of carbs, low sodium.Also snacking on almonds. So far I've been able to keep it under 10 almonds/snack.I must have filled up my water bottle half a dozen times yesterday, with at least 20 pees.Now you're all up to date.
This is very good. I find we eat a lot of the time out of boredom. Drinking plenty of water helps with that and it also satisfies some oral needs you may have.Another little trick I use is to brush my teeth after I eat or drink anything besides water. You want to eat that ______ then go ahead, but don't forget to brush your teeth immediately afterward. It sort of takes the convenience out of quick, convenient snacking.
This is very good. I find we eat a lot of the time out of boredom. Drinking plenty of water helps with that and it also satisfies some oral needs you may have.Another little trick I use is to brush my teeth after I eat or drink anything besides water. You want to eat that ______ then go ahead, but don't forget to brush your teeth immediately afterward. It sort of takes the convenience out of quick, convenient snacking.
Nice tip..I hate eating with that fluoride taste still in my mouth..This is one i hadnt heard of.

I fell off the wagon last night and took my ex to some Mexican restaurant she liked after we took our dogs to the vet. Gorged up on some queso with chorizo and a taco salad. The one good thing about that is that I'm right back on today, packed and brought my breakfast snacks and lunch to work with me.

I fell off the wagon last night and took my ex to some Mexican restaurant she liked after we took our dogs to the vet. Gorged up on some queso with chorizo and a taco salad. The one good thing about that is that I'm right back on today, packed and brought my breakfast snacks and lunch to work with me.
You had dinner with your ex?
You had dinner with your ex?
Yeah, we get along better not married than we did married.Usually...She reminded me of a few of the reasons why we're not together anymore last night.

I had a Salad for dinner last night (lol). This won't be a regular occurrence. My girlfriend decided that she was going to do everything she could to help me out on this, so she bought me a bag of puffed wheat (lol) to eat for breakfast, and when I got home from work last night there was a big salad on the table for us... The salad was actually pretty decent. it had avacados in it for protein, and some chopped almonds. I tried to eat the puffed wheat this morning, and it was disgusting, plus I'm pretty sure it has zero nutritional value. I do appreciate her help, but I'll have to let her know I'm not on the ethiopian diet plan.

I had a Salad for dinner last night (lol). This won't be a regular occurrence. My girlfriend decided that she was going to do everything she could to help me out on this, so she bought me a bag of puffed wheat (lol) to eat for breakfast, and when I got home from work last night there was a big salad on the table for us... The salad was actually pretty decent. it had avacados in it for protein, and some chopped almonds. I tried to eat the puffed wheat this morning, and it was disgusting, plus I'm pretty sure it has zero nutritional value. I do appreciate her help, but I'll have to let her know I'm not on the ethiopian diet plan.
I know there is healthy stuff that tastes great, but why in general everything that is awesome bad for you..Imagine if beer, chocolate, fries were considered diet foods.

I'm going to start working out tonight. I am going to do 3 nights per week. starting at 1 episode of How I met your Mother (20 minutes), then moving up to 2 episodes in a couple weeks (40 minutes). I'll be on the treadmill monday, wednesday, and thursday. Tuesdays I have hockey practice. I usually get a decent amount of exercise running drills and stuff, and I don't have the time to do treadmill + hockey practice on a given night. Fridays and weekends I'm taking off.I also decided I'm quitting drinking for a little while. Definitely until all star break (3 weeks or so), when we are having a family get together in Calgary with my brother, my other fmaily members, and a bunch of friends. I'll drink that weekend, and then I'll probably quit for a whole month after that. I actually went to the pub with some friends on Monday night and only drank water, still had fun.