2011 Fcp Weight Loss Challenge

You should be weighing yourself at the same time everyday, preferably first thing in the morning.
This is correct and thats what i have done..To be honest when I weighed myself yesterday morning it was following a massive amount of eating craziness over the weekend..Now thats "gone"..Today i have exercise of hockey planned...Also the nervous 3rd period of pacing and jumping up and down, and jubilation of the Leafs victory must of helped..I am fairly certain its much more healthier when the Leafs win.
  • Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, question for those of you who are smarter than me:I've often heard it's better to have more smaller meals in a day, than it is to have the standard 3 big meals. How correct is this?Since I've been cutting my portion sizes, naturally I find myself hungrier more often. I end up eating the same amount of calories, just split up into 5 or 6 sittings.How much of a benefit, if any, is this for me?I also find I'm hungrier when I'm bored, so I eat more on days when poker action is slower.

I am down 3.5 lbs this morning...Its very normal for me when I start a diet to lose very quick the first two or 3 days..Also my weight fluctuates +/- 3lbs everyday
I'm only going to weigh myself on Mondays, I figure I'll probably buckle and eat all weekend if I think I'm already in good shape for my weigh-in. Plus I like to see big results weekly instead of weird "drop 3 pounds one day and gain 2 back the next day despite eating the exact same thing both days" results...makes me nuts. <grin>
So, question for those of you who are smarter than me:I've often heard it's better to have more smaller meals in a day, than it is to have the standard 3 big meals. How correct is this?Since I've been cutting my portion sizes, naturally I find myself hungrier more often. I end up eating the same amount of calories, just split up into 5 or 6 sittings.How much of a benefit, if any, is this for me?I also find I'm hungrier when I'm bored, so I eat more on days when poker action is slower.
That's what I've always heard but this is the first time I've ever tried the whole 6-7 small meals thing. Yesterday was pretty easy, never felt all that hungry. I've always been a "big lunch, big dinner, random snacks between meals" person so this represents a big change in thinking. I think the whole point of the 6-7 small meals thing is to space out your calories so you can be satisfied with eating less.
Wow, Ray came back just to ask about meal shakes? <grin>
Would of been the perfect time for an appearance in the Gloating thread after that win last night..:club:
Would of been the perfect time for an appearance in the Gloating thread after that win last night..:club:
That was crazy...Boston down 2-0 with 5 mins left in the game, come back to win 4-2. I only watched the first two periods, missed the fireworks.
That was crazy...Boston down 2-0 with 5 mins left in the game, come back to win 4-2. I only watched the first two periods, missed the fireworks.
Want to hear a sick bad beat...I am playing poker with some buddies last night..One of the guys has a bet on the Pens/Bruins game UNDER..Its 2-0 with 3:30 left...Looking good right?BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOMOVER

Eating multiple meals is definitely better. It will keep you metabolism steady if you eat something every 3 hours or so. If you wait 6 or 7 hours between meals, you body will slow down its metabolism to conserve energy, you want it to stay active teh whole time you are awake. That is why its important to eat breakfast in the morning. After 6 or 8 hours of sleep your metabolism is very slow, by giviugn it food, you kick start you metabolism and start buring calories.

I know it is bad. I'm not sure everything that it does but I know it causes you to retain water, which is bad for weight loss. I believe it is also hard on your kidneys.

It is pretty much impossible to stay at or under 100% of your sodium intake because everything has so much more sodium than is necessary (according to my nutrition prof when i was in culinary school)The biggest issue with sodium is high blood pressure.

It is pretty much impossible to stay at or under 100% of your sodium intake because everything has so much more sodium than is necessary (according to my nutrition prof when i was in culinary school)The biggest issue with sodium is high blood pressure.
Avoiding processed foods is the way to avoid sodium.

Had an awesome work out at ball hockey...Man its crazy running that much for an hour straight..5 on 5 , no subs , huge gym...I managed to score 7 goals ....Because thats how i roll.

I stopped adding salt to food when I was a kid, unless it's garlic salt and that happens extremely rarely. I think I was probably under the recommended amount of sodium yesterday for the first time in a long time...probably why I was so jittery. <grin>

Last time I dieted, I added a lot of salt to things like boiled chicken and vegetables. It helped with the taste, and I still lost a lot of weight. I guess I would have been better off without the salt, but boiled chicken and steamed/tossed in light oil veggies dont appeal to me too much, gotta add something.

Do you guys notice the difference in the amount of food you are eating as opposed to when you didnt care??Not just what you are eating, if you sit down to think the difference its mind boggling..

Had Cheerios with Skim Milk for breakfast today. No snack because I didn't have anything kicking around the house to bring to work. Had a 6 inch roast beef sandwhich on whole wheat from Subway for lunch.I'm still kind of hungry. It is going to take a little while to get used to not eating as much.

I'm glad I went shopping for specific stuff to bring to work with me, so far this hasn't been bad at all. Of course, it's only three and I have to go until 7:30 or so without eating (taking the dog to the vet before dinner), so we'll see how all that goes. Apple, granola bar, yogurt, lean cuisine lunch. Probably right around 750 calories all told thusfar today.