A H L Discussion

What is your drink of choice? Dom Perignon? Glenfiddich 40 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky? Iordanov Vodka?

I better start saving up now.

im more of an Oban or Highland Park scotch drinker. However, fir the purpose of wagering, my drink of choice is Tim Hortons coffee.
  • Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

Just catching up to yesterday posts, lots of gang tackling going on I see.

I think its good that Zach cares so much about putting in his best team. Its too bad so many others think its better to not care, as if interest in the league is somehow a bad thing.

• Like 1

Just catching up to yesterday posts, lots of gang tackling going on I see.

I think its good that Zach cares so much about putting in his best team. Its too bad so many others think its better to not care, as if interest in the league is somehow a bad thing.

I bit my tongue yesterday because Zach was playing against me.

I can see both sides of the argument.

I don't think this is about not caring. I think the "gang-tackling" is often due to someone criticizing the AHL which a lot of people DO care about.

The rule is in place and applies to everyone. Zach found out at 6:12 that Wideman was scratched. I went back and looked and found it was announced around 4:00. Zach didn't check or didn't see it during the two hours prior to the deadline...things happen, people have lives...he missed the deadline and it cost him 2 points because he would've put Dumba in. Bad luck for Zach, good luck for me. I can appreciate how Zach feels, but it's a long season and I'm sure he'll luck into 2 points somewhere along the line...just like I'm sure I'll luck out of 2 points somewhere along the line.

Swackers suck!

How about me slipping up and not putting in Sedin

I want the rules changed to allow stupidity

Just don't submit a lineup and one will be provided for you ;)

I don't think this is about not caring. I think the "gang-tackling" is often due to someone criticizing the AHL which a lot of people DO care about.

Its criticism if he wants to change the league to make it better? You can criticize him if you think it does not make the league better, thats fine. But don't take personal shots at the guy because he honestly believes the league would be better.

You know whats interesting to me? Zach is not the guy who changes or tries to change the league the most. There is someone else who changes the league from its "history" more than anyone else, and its Daniel, and I think its awesome.

I'm all for making my life better in every way possible, why does everything have to be "the way it was"

I see both sides of the argument too, fwiw.

Just don't submit a lineup and one will be provided for you ;)

Than I would lose draft picks.

Just think I lost 2 first rounders back before you guys came into the pool because I was over my roster by 1 player.

Did I complain? No. I knew the rules but life got in the way and I took the punishment. Way worst than losing a pool night.

Now if you think that is gangland tackling than you are reading it wrong

How about me slipping up and not putting in Sedin

I want the rules changed to allow stupidity

you said that last night too.

You seem to be really mad at Zach lately Wayne, is there a reason for it? Why all the passive aggressive posts, just be direct.

btw, this seems like the silliest "rule" to argue about. On purpose I tried to stay out of it (lets face it, I dont stay out of any AHL chat on here), but I felt like someone needed to come to Zachs aid, since everyone else just likes to pile on and you have people who havent posted on here in months suddenly liking posts.

HEY BIATCH!

Its criticism if he wants to change the league to make it better? You can criticize him if you think it does not make the league better, thats fine. But don't take personal shots at the guy because he honestly believes the league would be better.

You know whats interesting to me? Zach is not the guy who changes or tries to change the league the most. There is someone else who changes the league from its "history" more than anyone else, and its Daniel, and I think its awesome.

I'm all for making my life better in every way possible, why does everything have to be "the way it was"

I see both sides of the argument too, fwiw.

There's a process if you'd like to propose a change you feel would make the league better. Ranting and criticizing the league as a whole is not part of the process.

And make no mistake about it...I don't always follow the correct process either ;)

Ranting and criticizing the league as a whole is not part of the process.

And make no mistake about it...I don't always follow the correct process either ;)

Is that what you think Zach does?

I think that Zach often does not argue his case properly, and often posts with too much of a whiny complaining tone.

(Im sure I do this too, since Bob pretty much always tells me I do it)

I guess I just sometimes get frustrated at people who are barely checking in to this league, and people who barely care beyond what their own team does, with little consideration of the league being better in the present+future.

Than I would lose draft picks.

Just think I lost 2 first rounders back before you guys came into the pool because I was over my roster by 1 player.

Did I complain? No. I knew the rules but life got in the way and I took the punishment. Way worst than losing a pool night.

Now if you think that is gangland tackling than you are reading it wrong

I don't think you'd lose draft picks (Darryl doesn't run the pool anymore) but you would be fined.

you said that last night too.

You seem to be really mad at Zach lately Wayne, is there a reason for it? Why all the passive aggressive posts, just be direct.

I am not mad at him. What I don't like is the constant bickering that goes on and on

I think that Zach often does not argue his case properly, and often posts with too much of a whiny complaining tone.

I guess I just sometimes get frustrated at people who are barely checking in to this league, and people who barely care beyond what their own team does, with little consideration of the league being better in the present+future.

I think Zach cares about this pool a lot. I think he wants to win every game. I think he gets upset at certain things (as I do) and I think he expresses it impulsively (like I do). I think when there's something he doesn't like he sometimes lashes out at the league as a whole (as I'm sure I have in the past).

I agree with your last paragraph, but I think it's probably a different discussion.

btw, I am sorry for bringing this up all over again. Really was not my intention.

I cant recall though, is the rule the same in the playoffs? I dont think its a huge issue in the reg season, but I wonder how people will feel if this ever happens in the finals, TO THEM. :)

I think Zach cares about this pool a lot. I think he wants to win every game. I think he gets upset at certain things (as I do) and I think he expresses it impulsively (like I do). I think when there's something he doesn't like he sometimes lashes out at the league as a whole (as I'm sure I have in the past).

Hey look, its me!

except the league as a whole thing.

I also think of myself as part of the league, though I still get the lack of seniority.

well then you must not like me much either, or anyone who ever posted in the US election thread.

:)

I am not into politics. Actually don't read too much in that thread. Rarely click on it

Now if we had a buffet thread. I am in

btw, I am sorry for bringing this up all over again. Really was not my intention.

I cant recall though, is the rule the same in the playoffs? I dont think its a huge issue in the reg season, but I wonder how people will feel if this ever happens in the finals, TO THEM. :)

I don't think you should apologize. I enjoy talking about this shit...as long as it doesn't get personal.

And if it happened to me I'd be pissed for sure, but I'd try to remember that my anger should be directed at myself and not at the league rules.

I don't think you should apologize. I enjoy talking about this shit...as long as it doesn't get personal.

And if it happened to me I'd be pissed for sure, but I'd try to remember that my anger should be directed at myself and not at the league rules.

fwiw, Im usually not arguing about the situation (what happened to Zach yesterday), but the overall rule

so, here's the issue for anyone not understanding:

deadline is 6pm.

Poolie gets a Score app notification that Kopitar is scratched at 6:20pm, because Kopitars game in LA does not start until 10pm EST.

Poolie has Aho he can put in for the 7pm game, on his bench.

League rules say he cant put him in.

Poolie loses game 6 of the finals, and the change would have made the difference.

Oops.

Again, I see both sides of the argument, but its hard to argue against the thought that that makes our league less competitive.

time for me to chime in because this issue I do feel strongly about and I didn't say anything yesterday both because I was at my Mother's and I wanted to be polite.

The issue has been settled.

There is a fundemenal difference of opinion about the issue. What you or Zach like (or me for that matter) isn't necessarily making the league better but rather making it different. Sometimes different is better and sometimes it's not.

I feel really really strongly that giving people who have the ability to be online sweating things while games are in progress an added advantage is not a good thing. The issue has been discussed many many times and is settled. We will not be allowing changes to lineups once games have started but a reasonable change to discuss would be whether the deadline should be one hour before game time or at the start of the earliest game.

Zach got piled on for a few reasons.

1. the way he whines rubs people the wrong way

2. it's a settled issue and having repeated shots at something that is settled is only going to piss people off. I'm sorry Zach but you aren't smarter than the rest of us and your vision of things isn't more modern that what others think.

3. the fact that he had plenty of time to change his lineup but didn't accept personal responsibility for his own actions

Alternative Universe Zach :

Crap, I missed changing my lineup by 15 minutes. I got busy and wasn't able to check the late injuries before 6. That sucks because I have another good player I could have used. I know we aren't going to do changes after games have started but what about the deadline being the time of the earliest game and not one hour before ?

That would be the way to have a productive conversation about things.

• Like 1