A H L Discussion

As an FYI, Swacker Dave and I were discussing adding a live scoring feature as a temporary addon for the current season until the new site is ready for next year.

We think it's doable given the live data feed that is available from our stats provider. If Dave and his genius programmer buddy can get the code right we'll have it and it won't change anything on the current site. It will just be a live ticker to be used on game nights before the final scores are processed in the mornings.

• Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

As an FYI, Swacker Dave and I were discussing adding a live scoring feature as a temporary addon for the current season until the new site is ready for next year.

We think it's doable given the live data feed that is available from our stats provider. If Dave and his genius programmer buddy can get the code right we'll have it and it won't change anything on the current site. It will just be a live ticker to be used on game nights before the final scores are processed in the mornings.

No I am old. I like the way it is right now. No changes please

I think we all agree this would be great

fwiw, Im usually not arguing about the situation (what happened to Zach yesterday), but the overall rule

so, here's the issue for anyone not understanding:

deadline is 6pm.

Poolie gets a Score app notification that Kopitar is scratched at 6:20pm, because Kopitars game in LA does not start until 10pm EST.

Poolie has Aho he can put in for the 7pm game, on his bench.

League rules say he cant put him in.

Poolie loses game 6 of the finals, and the change would have made the difference.

Oops.

Again, I see both sides of the argument, but its hard to argue against the thought that that makes our league less competitive.

Why you got to mess with my players bro? Kopitar doesn't sit. He is a beast.

Its criticism if he wants to change the league to make it better? You can criticize him if you think it does not make the league better, thats fine. But don't take personal shots at the guy because he honestly believes the league would be better.

You know whats interesting to me? Zach is not the guy who changes or tries to change the league the most. There is someone else who changes the league from its "history" more than anyone else, and its Daniel, and I think its awesome.

I'm all for making my life better in every way possible, why does everything have to be "the way it was"

I see both sides of the argument too, fwiw.

This is true, but the difference is I come up with a proposal and ask how people feel about it. Then I typically run a poll as well. What I don't do is start my proposal with "This rule is so stupid and I want it changed and if you guys disagree with me I will whine about it for years and never give up my bitching."

• Like 2

No I am old. I like the way it is right now. No changes please

Hang on... so you don't want a page that you can open and watch Goals, Assists and scores increase as they happen (including silly things like Goal lights and horns going off, scaring the shit out of you and blowing out your headphones!) in real time?

Uhhh, ok.... :(

• Like 1

Pick Ups For Monday Oct 17th

If you have picked up a player please make your reserve or drop moves to make room today.

Players Picked Up

This is the order that the players were picked up based on priority.

The Underdogs Yohann Auvitu D NJD

Red Ravens Joel Armia F WPG

Greaseballs Austin Czarnik F BOS

Magically Delicious Jamie Oleksiak D DAL

Ingmen Michael Grabner F NYR

Shoot Loose Denis Malgin F FLO

Shortstackers Markus Nutivaara D CBJ

PK Dealers Brett Kulak D CGY

The Big M's Cal Clutterbuck F NYI

Greaseballs Jordan Nolan F LAK

Shortstackers Nick Sorensen F ANA

The Big M's Fedor Tyutin D COL

Greaseballs Adam Cracknell F DAL

And Sorted By AHL Team

Greaseballs Austin Czarnik F BOS

Greaseballs Jordan Nolan F LAK

Greaseballs Adam Cracknell F DAL

Ingmen Michael Grabner F NYR

Magically Delicious Jamie Oleksiak D DAL

PK Dealers Brett Kulak D CGY

Red Ravens Joel Armia F WPG

Shoot Loose Denis Malgin F FLO

Shortstackers Markus Nutivaara D CBJ

Shortstackers Nick Sorensen F ANA

The Big M's Cal Clutterbuck F NYI

The Big M's Fedor Tyutin D COL

The Underdogs Yohann Auvitu D NJD

Yohann Auvitu - 9 Teams Put In A Claim

Michael Grabner - 4 Teams Put In A Claim

Markus Nutivaara - 7 Teams Put In A Claim

Joel Armia - 5 Teams Put In A Claim

Denis Malgin - 4 Teams Put In A Claim

Austin Czarnik - 5 Teams Put In A Claim

2 Teams Attempted To Claim Zach Sanford Who Is On Gothic's Farm

1 Team Attempted To Claim Ryan Hartman Who Is On Underdog's Farm

We will not be allowing changes to lineups once games have started but a reasonable change to discuss would be whether the deadline should be one hour before game time or at the start of the earliest game.

Nobody said anything about allowing changes once games have started.

That you can't change your lineup because it's inside 1 hour and 7 minutes before puck drop is the thing I disagree with.

If I had my way, I'd lock in the games at the start of the first one.

It's not even that moves are made after 6:00, it's that it gives teams an extra hour to notice them. Can't for the life of me imagine that this is a bad thing for the league.

Frankly, if the change happened at 4 and I don't see it until 6:12, then all the more reason I should be allowed to swap. I'm trying to ice my best lineup (which is at the core of a dozen other rules and regulations we keep inventing), but because i was watching the Jays game, I missed it. We have the technology to make this a non-issue. Hell, it doesn't even have to be full lineup changes allowed. Only allow scratch replacements. Why not? How can this possibly be a bad thing?

I didn't get any of my three, including Grabner...although I do have Sanford :)

i was on the fence on Grabner. I think I wasted my draft ranking on him but I do like to pick up guys during the season so I thought why not

On Sanford I knew you had him because for some reason I guess during trade talks I looked at your farm.

I didnt have time to participate (no time to look for FA's), but I was really surprised at the lack of quality on the list. Outside of Auvitu, really not much there IMO.

edit: missed Armia. He could be good. And I suppose Malgin too.

No idea who Markus Nutivaara is, so cant speak if the guy has upside.

i was on the fence on Grabner. I think I wasted my draft ranking on him but I do like to pick up guys during the season so I thought why not

On Sanford I knew you had him because for some reason I guess during trade talks I looked dazed adoringly at your farm.

:)

Cool loophole. Did Armia just go from having a $3.00 contract to a $.25 UFA contract?

So if JP had dropped Pavel Zacha, he could have just picked him up $.25?

No, he went from being a free agent to being picked up as a $0.25 FA.

He was technically supposed to be dropped prior to the draft/auction which would've made him available for the auction and pickups.

So, not a cool loophole.

Edit: but the move sure does stink!

Ooh, if you were first in waiver priority, could you drop a $3 farm player and then pick him up again for a quarter?

If you drop him once the season starts his salary remains the same...and he's only eligible to be picked up if he's on an NHL roster.

Just to clarify the Armia situation:

Red Ravens needed to drop farm players to be in compliance with the farm team cap. These drops should've happened prior to the FA auction, but Bob was generous and let him drop players after the fact (and just to clarify, Bob let others do this also). As a result of not being dropped when he was supposed to be dropped Armia was never made available at the FA auction or during pickups. Armia's salary was $2.50 when he was on Red Ravens' farm, I believe.

Red Ravens then used his waiver position to reacquire Armia for $0.25.

Imo Armia should be eligible to be picked up by Red Ravens but at his original salary. I don't think Red Ravens, or anyone for that matter, should be rewarded for not following the proper procedure and meeting deadlines.

Dale pretty much has it spot on.

Bryan screwed up and got confused with the number of players on his farm and picks etc. He didn't realize he had to drop that number of players and I didn't check and warn him before the draft. It's why he dropped some players who he didn't want to. Usually guys are dropping pieces of shit and it this isn't an issue but technically Armia and the other dropped players should have been dropped before the auction and available there.

I'm pretty sure he would rather have Armia on his farm and Malgin at $0.25 or whatever he could have traded for Armia for before the draft or one of his draft picks and Malgin at $0.25 rather than just Armia at $0.25.