Survivor Nicaragua - Fantasy Pool

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this line is just fantastic ....Do you really wish you'd been on the older tribe?I've been married since 19 and had to grow up real fast. I don't hang out with kids. I make kids. I was making babies when some of these kids were in fifth grade
My favorite quote from that: Do you really wish you'd been on the older tribe?I've been married since 19 and had to grow up real fast. I don't hang out with kids. I make kids. I was making babies when some of these kids were in fifth grade ... The age thing screwed me. A guy like me is intimidating to younger people, but next to a grown-up like Jimmy Johnson, I wouldn't be.(edit) HEY F U DNA!

Some thoughts:I think the medallion of power is stupid.Although last week was awesome, I'm having trouble with finding a favorite. I hate everyone in the main alliance in the younger tribe. In the older tribe I guess I'm rooting for anyone to overthrow Marty at this point. I do like the black dude and the old southern woman who started the fire week 1.I liked Jill (red head) last week. But she seemed really weak when she basically let Marty know that she refused to make any decisions.At this point I think Marty is playing too hard, but there isn't anyone in the tribe that will stop him. I think I would like him more if he made it to the merge and would be able to beat the alliance in the young tribe.In my opinion showing the idol is not smart. Yeah it is uniting the tribe in the present. But Marty's reasoning on keeping the tribe strong at the merge is really dumb. There is no way that someone is not going to spill the beans to the other tribe at the merge. There is always someone on the outs in every alliance, and they will be the one to flip and reveal the idol. I'm sure everyone hates NaOnka. How could anyone give her a vote for the million. Kelly B. should not be blaming her for attacking her while going for the idol though. They were both clawing at each other for it.Usually I like it when they don't do a tribe switch up (aka "drop your buffs"), but I am hoping for one this season. Just to make things more interesting, and I don't know how much I can take of old people moping around together.Did everyone really think Jimmy Johnson was weaker than that NY guy with the bum knee? Or were they just following Marty's directions to vote for Jimmy?

Some thoughts:Although last week was awesome, I'm having trouble with finding a favorite. I hate everyone in the main alliance in the younger tribe. In the older tribe I guess I'm rooting for anyone to overthrow Marty at this point. I do like the black dude and the old southern woman who started the fire week 1.I'm sure everyone hates NaOnka.
I 100% agree with all of this.Yeah, I was really hoping Tyrone, Jane, Holly, and Yves would've voted off Dan. Would've split the tribe a bit, but it would have been the 5 of them (with JJ) vs Marty, Jill, and psycho Jimmy.Also not real smart how the young tribe alliance (Naonka, Brenda, Chase, Kelly, and Sasha) is so outwardly shunning the others. I think the older people will be more loyal to each other and the outcasts from the young tribe will be ready to jump ship if a merge were to happen early.

Two conclusions from this episodeSad Jimmy J leftI HATE NaOnka, what a total bitch. She is a PE teacher? Really? Her students and parents of her students must be so proud.

I'm probably alone here but I like Marty, I think he's got game. I also can't stand the other Jimmy. Just a matter of time until his head explodes.
I haven't made my conclusion on him yet. I think he is an ego filled over thinker trying to make too many moves way too soon. Although I can agree with some of the things he said about Jimmy J he really comes across as being extremely jealous.When Jill told him where the idol was the first thing he said when it was found was "I have the idol" then tried to correct himself by saying "we"I like the way Jill is playing this game right now and I LOVE how she hasn't taken any credit for helping find the idol and also didn't say a word when he shared the info with the tribe per her own suggestion. She just stood back and let him take all the glory which was awesome.Jimmy T is awesome ... "Put me in coach!!! I got skillz"
I haven't made my conclusion on him yet. I think he is an ego filled over thinker trying to make too many moves way too soon. Although I can agree with some of the things he said about Jimmy J he really comes across as being extremely jealous.When Jill told him where the idol was the first thing he said when it was found was "I have the idol" then tried to correct himself by saying "we"I like the way Jill is playing this game right now and I LOVE how she hasn't taken any credit for helping find the idol and also didn't say a word when he shared the info with the tribe per her own suggestion. She just stood back and let him take all the glory which was awesome.Jimmy T is awesome ... "Put me in coach!!! I got skillz"
To be fair aside from the idol announcement it was the only move Marty's made and it's an attempt to overtake the leadership role. I think Marty can contribute both as a leader & as a physical contributor in challenges where Jimmy J cannot. He's been sitting back but you can tell he's a smart guy. It's also inevitable that Jimmy J or Daniel would go either this time or at their next tribal council. Jimmy J never made an alliance, never really fought for himself. He practically gave up telling the girls this is probably the last time I'll see you rather than trying to convince them to go for Daniel. Also telling the tribe I'm weak wasn't a great move when everyone else said they weren't (Obviously he was physically but you don't necessarily have to spell it out for others).Don't get me wrong, I really liked Jimmy J on there and was rooting for him he just didn't really fight for himself this week.

I think Tyrone and the one legged chick are the only sane people on the island. I guess the old woman who made the fire is too but jesus, what a bunch of aholes. Nanook is a train-wreck. I love stupid people who try and call other people stupid while sounding stupid doing it.

Too bad Jimmy J went home, but I think he wanted to go, which is why he didn't fight too much to stay.Older Tribe: All the remaining males consider themselves Alpha, but Marty and Tyrone are probably the only ones with any teeth and his ego is going to screw him in the end. Jimmy T and Dan are gimpy nitwits who can't seem to view themselves in a realistic light. I hate Jimmy T...what an excusologist. As for the women, the redhead's idea of having Marty show the idol was as stupid as the day is long and Marty thought it was a good plan and went ahead and did it. Pretty stupid for a "smart" guy. Holly is batshit crazy and paranoid. I like the old dog lady (the one who made fire) better and better, at least when compared to the rest of these semi-braindead tribe members.Younger tribe: Yeah, I'm on the NaOnka hate-train. NaOnka is Yoruba for "Straight up bitch", I guess. Benry put on a real show at the challenge. To bad Hoppy and Alina (?) are now on the bubble, as they are more likeable than most of the others.I hope they go back to two challenges soon. Having one challenge is gay and makes the show seem really slow.

I like how Marty is playing the game. I don't like how nobody else is in the tribe is playing the game. I still don't like him revealing the idol though. Part of that might have been forced with Jill knowing he has it.

I like how Marty is playing the game. I don't like how nobody else is in the tribe is playing the game. I still don't like him revealing the idol though. Part of that might have been forced with Jill knowing he has it.
Jill told him to show it and then he does and then does his little confessional on a rock and acts like it was his idea. He ain't playing any sort of game imo. He thinks he is but he looks like he could be a puppet more than a puppet master.

Finally caught up on the episodes last night.I don't know, i actually think Naonka is kind of hilarious. She is clearly 'putting on' the in-your-face attitude. Normally that kind of attitude annoys the shit out of me, but this time, I find it kind of funny.I can't believe they voted out Jimmy J.I thought it was hysterical how they all defer to him in the competitions, and they are like children looking for his approval. "put me in coach, you're wasting me here!" That team meeting following the competition almost seemed set up. It could have been a scene out of a reality show parody.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/30/survivor...-jimmy-johnson/Jimmy Johnson Interview .... Calls Jimmy T "Volatile"Jimmy Johnson will not be adding the title of ‘Sole Survivor’ to his formidable list of accomplishments anytime soon. The two-time Super Bowl winning coach was voted out of Survivor: Nicaragua last night, undone by other men jealous of his success and celebrity status. I talked with Jimmy today about the plot to get him out, his frustration with Jimmy T., and how he dealt with his ultimate foe in the game — Father Time. Read on after the jump for the full Q&A!Why is Dan still in this game? The guy can barely walk!Just following Survivor over the years, sometimes if an individual is not a threat and he doesn’t rub anybody the wrong way and he can get into an alliance, he can hang out there for a while. And that’s the only thing I can think about on that one.How come you didn’t make a strong move to get him out?I approached the game a little differently. I went into it just wanting the adventure. I had no thoughts that I’d be going out to win a million dollars or anything like that. In fact, I told people that if we ever got to that point that I was going to give it to charity anyway. I had my adventure. I really didn’t have an alliance. I probably could have formed an alliance with the gals and gotten Dan out of there. But I really approached it like a team effort. As much as I tried to convince them that I wasn’t a threat, Marty and some of the rest of them still felt like I was.You’re a keen evaluator, so were you aware out there that Marty was trying to pull a power move?No. It was a surprise, Even watching the episode last night, that was a surprise to me. I didn’t know that was taking place, because Marty and I had plenty of conversations and I didn’t know that he was in an alliance with Dan. I assumed he had an alliance with Jill, but he also had a connection with Daniel, too. And I didn’t know that he still considered me a threat.Was this about jealousy? Everyone wants to take down the top dog, and you being a celebrity, that made you the top dog.I don’t know. If it was, more power to them. They stayed in the game and I didn’t. But I never looked at it that way,Let’s talk about Jimmy T. I was out there and saw you getting annoyed at him at the very first challenge when he tried to yell instructions to the other team doing the puzzle to confuse them. How hard was it to know that this was not a football team and you couldn’t just walk over and say, “Hey, you’re cut.”Jimmy T. is a volatile person and I think he probably irritated — just with his personality — a lot of people. In fact, the very first vote we could have taken Jimmy T. out. There were a lot of tribe members that wanted Jimmy T. to go the very first week. And I kind of convinced them not to take him out, because I was thinking we were going to have some physical challenges. As it turned out, we didn’t have a lot of physical challenges. Even on the challenge last night he was in my ear continuously. He wasn’t even supposed to be in the rotation to throw the sand bags. Tyrone was supposed to be out there. But kept on and kept on, so finally I said “Okay, get in there.” That’s just his personality.When I watched you lose that first challenge, I said to myself immediately, ‘That guy’s gotta go. He’s too divisive.’Well, I hung on to him for the simple reason that I thought we’d have some physical challenges, but as it turned out, really it was never a factor. At least while I was there.You kept talking about how difficult it was out there, saying it was even harder than two-a-days. How much do you wish you could have played this game when you were in your 20s or 30s, as opposed to your 60s?I talked to my wife about it last night. I think when you look at how taxing it is on the individual, it’s even more taxing on an older player. Because some of those young players can lose 8 or 9 pounds, and not have their food, and lose some sleep, and deal with it. There at the end, I had lost 18 pounds. I had no energy of any sort. I really felt like it was more demanding because of me being 67 years old.Who were you closest with out there?The closest relationships I made were with the women: Holly, Yve, Jane, and even Jill. And I thought I had a good relationship with Marty, but I didn’t know Marty was trying to get me out.That’s interesting because you’re the ultimate guy’s guy — a football champion at pretty much every level.With the men, it was a little bit different of a relationship because of my celebrity status. It probably bothered them. Even though they’re football fans, I think it bothered them a little bit more than the women.There was some controversy last week over Shannon’s comments at Tribal Council, asking Sash if he was gay and saying that New York was full of gay people. What was your reaction while watching that go down?I actually thought it was funny. I was really taken aback by some of the comments. I was just there laughing. I called my wife and said, “You gotta see this.”Finally, how bad are you gonna get it from Terry Bradshaw this weekend on Fox NFL Sunday?Well, I’ve already caught some flak because we had a conference call a few minutes ago to get ready for the show and I’ll catch a bit more. But I told him, “At least I threw you into the game when I said that we could really talk to those monkeys if we had Bradshaw here.”
How come you didn’t make a strong move to get him out?I approached the game a little differently. I went into it just wanting the adventure. I had no thoughts that I’d be going out to win a million dollars or anything like that. In fact, I told people that if we ever got to that point that I was going to give it to charity anyway. I had my adventure. I really didn’t have an alliance. I probably could have formed an alliance with the gals and gotten Dan out of there. But I really approached it like a team effort. As much as I tried to convince them that I wasn’t a threat, Marty and some of the rest of them still felt like I was.
This was the most disappointing to me. It was obvious that the girls liked him. He could have easily started an alliance and got farther in the game. It would be cool to see him make it to the end, or at least make some power moves before getting voted off. Unfortunately the "I'm there for the adventure" line doesn't work that great.

Marty revealing the immunity idol puts a target on his back. Thing is, I'm sure they all knew someone must have found it and I'm sure there must have been some campfire talk about who has it and what everyone thinks the person who has it should do. JJ never had a plan to create any alliances or back stab. He didn't go into the game with the intention of playing it properly. This is the very reason why you want to keep someone like him around. Especially if he's willing to take on the leader position. I have a feeling Marty fancies himself as a leader and will be another reason people will put him up sooner rather than later.

Marty revealing the immunity idol puts a target on his back. Thing is, I'm sure they all knew someone must have found it and I'm sure there must have been some campfire talk about who has it and what everyone thinks the person who has it should do. JJ never had a plan to create any alliances or back stab. He didn't go into the game with the intention of playing it properly. This is the very reason why you want to keep someone like him around. Especially if he's willing to take on the leader position. I have a feeling Marty fancies himself as a leader and will be another reason people will put him up sooner rather than later.
This is the main reason that it's so obvious that Marty simply isn't smart. If Marty was smart, he would have made a strong alliance with Jimmy and taken him all the way to victory.

I finally caught up on survivor and i must say. Shannon so glad to see him gone. I can't stand the chick on the younger tribe who has a go at Kelly B (girl with one leg) and Fabio as the tribe calls him. I don't like marty either, he is definitely not the brightest crayon in the box.Last week. I think JJ shot himself in the foot saying he was weak.I don't like the medallion either or the one challenge per week. Marty... i think had a huge clash of power.... along with Jimmy T. Tyrone and Kelly B are the only sane ones i have to agree, but i think Jane (from the older tribe) is pretty sane also.

I agree with everyone else, the medallion of power is the stupidest thing ever. Holly needs to get into an alliance and keep it under wraps. Or else Serge/I are f*cked, and f*cked the bad way, not the good way.

I'm also in agreement medallion of power is very stupid. I've said it for ages but they seriously need bring back exile island. That added so much more strategy & advantages in the game actually meant something.

weeee at previews for next week.

DROP YOUR BUFFS!

I'm in shock that Dan is still there, they have to be crazy to keep him. If he isn't voted out he is probably just going to quit, so keeping him for an extra vote doesn't really make sense. Jimmy T was annoying, but I don't think he was so horribly annoying that he deserved to get voted out over Dan. Yeah I wasn't there and Jimmy T. could have been really horrible, but c'mon Dan can't even walk.Alina is hot!Brenda is playing really well. And she is hot!Cool it with the 1 legged insults NaOnka. You know when you act like a douche on camera it is probably not going to be edited out right?!?!?!?!