Fine Dining

We are going to Vegas in September for our Anniversary and will be eating at Rick Moonen's restaurant @ Mandalay Bay. Wife fell in love with him on TC Masters. Michael Symon's Roast in Detroit was good, but not great. Great appetizers (bone marrow is yummy), drinks, and sides, but main course was somewhat below average.SW Steakhouse @ The Wynn was very very good.Nobu is one of my favorite places to eat.Probably the best meal I've ever had was at a Sushi Bar in Tokyo.On the list of places we want to hit is L2O in Chicago.Any experience with the above - especially Moonen's Place? Comments on your own favs?

We are going to Vegas in September for our Anniversary and will be eating at Rick Moonen's restaurant @ Mandalay Bay. Wife fell in love with him on TC Masters. Michael Symon's Roast in Detroit was good, but not great. Great appetizers (bone marrow is yummy), drinks, and sides, but main course was somewhat below average.SW Steakhouse @ The Wynn was very very good.Nobu is one of my favorite places to eat.Probably the best meal I've ever had was at a Sushi Bar in Tokyo.On the list of places we want to hit is L2O in Chicago.Any experience with the above - especially Moonen's Place? Comments on your own favs?
I found the Nobu in Vegas to be kinda meh. Not as good as the one in Miami Beach.....never been in NYC.I would recommend Jasmine at the Bellagio if you like Chinese and Prime if you want a steak.2nd hand, I have heard good things about Moonen's new place from a friend who lives out there.
I liked Jasmine.Not very romantic but my wife and I still talk about going all the way to Vegas for Noodles at Venetian.
Jasmine is great especially if you can a table by the window that overlooks the fountain show. Definitely romantic.Noodle bars at the Venetian and the Bellagio are AMAZING. Bonus points for the Venetian noodle bar because it is right next to the poker room.

The Prime @ Bellagio is amazing. Expensive, but great food and pretty large servings with the samplers. First trip out to Vegas I was told to go there with my peeps and boy, I was amazed. Been back 3 times since, and can never call the trip complete without eating there.Also, last trip out, ate @ Fixx @ Bellagio. Their Wings, while pricey, are unbelievable.

Nutzbuster has a pretty good thread here. It hasnt been buumped in almost a year so some info might be datedhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...=118195&hl=as for my faves I like Table 10 at Pallazzo. Not really romantic kinda upscale casual but every meal I have had has been outstanding.BLT Burger at the Mirage for your $20 gourmet burger fix.Mesa Grill at Caesars has been good in the past but I was a little dissapointed my last meal there.Theres probally like 10 outstanding steakhouses around so you cant go to wrong.

Ruth's Chris is a favorite of mine for some steaks.Although I just tried a new place called "Cowboy Star" down here and boy was it delish! I had the Bison Ribeye and it was mind blowing.

There are some definite better spots than Ruth's I admit, but I have a special place in my stomach for it :club:
They have good steaks, but they are not worth the price. Same with Mortons, although I put Mortons a few notches higher.
They have good steaks, but they are not worth the price. Same with Mortons, although I put Mortons a few notches higher.
Never been to Mortons ... perhaps I should put that as my next steakhouse to try.Donovans' is good as well, but I still prefer Ruth's to Donovans.
I saw you were the last poster... and definitely didn't think I'd chuckle. Nice.
He's from Iowa...it wasn't a joke.
Never been to Mortons ...
Don't, it's way overpriced and has the potential for being a pretty bad meal (although it can be pretty good too). Anywhere you can find a Morton's, you can find a much better and more consistent steakhouse.
Chicago: I like Fogo De Chao. This is Mecca for foodies... The best places are dives in shitty neighborhoods, though.
So this made me think of a few old favorites to look up...did the Hyde Park Dixie Kitchen close? All I can find is a link to Calypso Cafe, which I thought was in the same building but a totally separate place.

Was unimpressed by Nobo. I thought it was an overpriced PF Changs.My favorite spot in Vegas used to be Binions Steakhouse. Haven't been there in a couple of years.Never had a good meal at Mortons either.Here in Indy it's Shula's and St. Elmo's

Nutzbuster has a pretty good thread here. It hasnt been buumped in almost a year so some info might be datedhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...=118195&hl=
I'm sure I said it in the above thread but it's always worth repeating...Hugo's Cellar at the 4 Queens Downtown is the best Vegas restaurant I've eaten in. Amazing food, amazing service, and hardly anyone seems to know about it. Go. You won't be disappointed.

I am with Scram, I can go get expensive food at home, I go to Vegas to get cheap good food and lose the rest of my money at craps.I went here last time out and would return for the food. Inexpensive food, cheap booze, really cool ambiance.

I am with Scram, I can go get expensive food at home, I go to Vegas to get cheap good food and lose the rest of my money at craps.I went here last time out and would return for the food. Inexpensive food, cheap booze, really cool ambiance.
I like to make sure I try one really good place every time I go to Vegas and the rest of the meals I enjoy the good buffets/noodle bars/other cheap food. Unless I am with the wife, then we eat fancy all trip.

China Grill and Mesa Grill in Vegas were both pretty good. I guess i'd describe both dining experiences as "memorable" if only because they were pricey. Years later I still recall the warm, succulent pumpkin soup sliding down my gullet. I recommend just ordering that. Cedar's Steakhouse in Foxwoods was really good, although I had the roast chicken while everyone else had filet and prime rib. The mac and cheese was tremendous.