Obama. Please Put The Pope In Jail.

Obama. Please put the Pope in jail.Obama. Please arrest my Pope. It speaks to Duty and law enforcement.Religionists of all stripes should demand action against known criminals regardless of religious affiliations.No one should be above the law.Is it our duty as people of faith, belief, spirituality of some description to, demand law enforcement.Is it our duty to demand that the law of the land be upheld?Should President Obama be encouraged to bring my Pope to secular justice?RegardsDL

You know, I hate to be picky, but the pope doesn't exactly live in the United States of America.
Isn't he also the supreme king ruler of his own country?
Christopher Hitchens started a campaign to have him arrested when he visits the UK, which he is scheduled to do in September. The status of the Vatican City as a state is questionable, but the Obama administration has taken the position that it is immune from prosecution, despite a court ruling to the contrary. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8614232.stmMuch of Hitchens' case against the Catholic church is laid out in this Slate article: http://www.slate.com/id/2248557I personally don't think US court is the place for this. He should probably be tried for crimes against humanity by the UN court in the Hague.
Ahh so the troll has decided to move his shtick from Religion to here? Greeeaaat.
I thought I mistakenly clicked on the religion forum, and was pleasantly surprised not to see twenty 3 posts threads from him.God dammit.
I'm out of the loop. What is the pope being accused of?
Basically hiding child sex abuse. I like how Sam Harris said it: It is no exaggeration to say that for decades (if not centuries) the Vatican has met the formal definition of a criminal organization, devoted not to gambling, prostitution, drugs, or any other venial sin, but to the sexual enslavement of children.
You know, I hate to be picky, but the pope doesn't exactly live in the United States of America.
If Obama works his magic, maybe the Vatican will extradite him.Also: Didn't the majority of this issue happen well before the current pope was in office? I could be wrong about that.
Also: Didn't the majority of this issue happen well before the current pope was in office? I could be wrong about that.
1. No. 2. Even if that were true, the organization needs to be held responsible and he's in charge of it. 3. Ratzinger, in his previous job, was basically responsible for overseeing the Vatican's response to the sexual abuse reports. 4. pope-benedict-palpatine.jpg

Why does anyone even respond to the OP's posts?Ignore and it goes away.

Yeah, arresting the pope I'm sure would play wonderfully in the swing states. I'm sure a president looking to be re-elected and who's popularity is plummeting is going to get right on alienating a huge portion of his voting block.

Why does anyone even respond to the OP's posts?Ignore and it goes away.
Have you seen the religion forum since he's started posting? He's a troll, and makes identical posts at more than a dozen websites every time he posts. He's not looking to engage people, he's a troll.I think it's funny to see radicalchristiantrollBG engage him while vb finds his other troll posts, while the other witty posters (not me) continue to berate him. Throw some nice level headed religionosity from brv, and I think some threads get pretty good.
Maybe the Pope should put Obama in jail. Ever think of that?
No because that is even stupider than the other way around.
I'm out of the loop. What is the pope being accused of?
Basically, many people think the current pope was directly involved in cover-ups over the last few decades. The US court system makes zero sense for this though. VB is right.....if anything this would be the perfect issue for the Hague but it is not happening so let's move on. The Catholic Church can basically do anything and get away with it.
True.Unfortunately for many children here, his protection of pedophiles is universal and your country is just as much a victim of legal abuse as mine is.Let’s hope one of our leaders has balls to enforce the law.RegardsDL