• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG you geeks. We like Game of Thrones, that doesn't mean you have immunity. No one cares about your faggot fantasy books. If HBO spends $100 mil making it a tv show, I'll give it a go. Otherwise, gtf

If SA's goal was to make the continued topic of conversation in this thread so insufferable that I almost don't care what he spoils anymore, his law degree just paid off.

no, i can actually read.

what a great season ending episode

Great acting, a great one on one fight scene and they packed an awful lot of story movement into 70 minutes

I was skeptical, I admit. I didn't think there was anyway they could cram it all into one episode and still retain any sort of quality. but man, they nailed it. great ep.

hate that we have to wait until next year.

I like the long break. I'm about to lose the HBO GO account and I need time to get a second job, or get a new friend.

Poor Khaleesi, I mean she did get to sleep with the God of all Horses, but since then...

Great finale, they really did fit everything in and it didn't seem too rushed. Also loved the Hound/Brienne battle which obviously wasn't in the books.

Pretty big spoiler:

I think everybody was really hoping for a zombie Catelyn Stark teaser at the very end, same as the end of book 3, but I kinda like that they didn't do it and that all the book nerds are salty about it. I frankly think it's kinda dumb in the books, so far at least.

I felt this season kind of slacked a bit compared to previous seasons but the last 3 episodes were great. I haven't gotten to the Children of the Forest in the books or whatever that shit was with Bran, so that was pretty weird and badass.

I did slog through book 4, and I'm glad you guys warned me that it sucked so I just listened to it on audiobook while doing other stuff like commuting and doing chores. It actually started out pretty cool, and I kind of loved the opening scene with Damphair (if I had to guess, I would guess that they open season 5 with that scene), but it was largely downhill from there and just completely boring until the very end. I've started book 5 and so far it's better. At least it's following characters that I care about. The only consistently great scenes in book 4 were Arya's, and she only got 3 fucking chapters for some incomprehensible reason.

• Like 1

Great finale, they really did fit everything in and it didn't seem too rushed. Also loved the Hound/Brienne battle which obviously wasn't in the books.

Pretty big spoiler:

I think everybody was really hoping for a zombie Catelyn Stark teaser at the very end, same as the end of book 3, but I kinda like that they didn't do it and that all the book nerds are salty about it. I frankly think it's kinda dumb in the books, so far at least.

I would be shocked if they don't add her next season.. Maybe they are cutting that whole story line out, but I loved Lady Blackheart. It would be an easy one to push back, since she doesn't show up again till book 5. I would bet she will be the ender of next season

they didn't have her signed at all this season and she was on 24.

like i said, I think it will be the last scene of next season. You wouldn't need her long for the one scene, you could shoot that in a day, and you absolutely could not announce you signed her, as it would be a huge surprise/shock for everyone

I know I'm a couple months late on this but I just finished season 4 tonight so I couldn't catch up until now: SA you are a flaming idiot retarded dipshit. you were wrong, ron, sklansky and, jesus fucking christ, tanner were correct. ron I'm with you now, do you know how to hide people on this new forum?

edit: oh, this show is the tits. waiting a year and a half for more of it is, however, not the tits.

• Like 3

you were right too I believe. I'm pretty sure everybody was right except for SA.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but in what way (specifically) was SA wrong this time? Also interested in how tanner beat the odds.

specifically it was the part where he gave his opinion.

but anyways, more importantly, daenerys really just needs to sit on my face. for a good long while. she could do whatever she wants while there too I don't care, I'm up for it.

I would be shocked if they don't add her next season.. Maybe they are cutting that whole story line out, but I loved Lady Blackheart. It would be an easy one to push back, since she doesn't show up again till book 5. I would bet she will be the ender of next season

She actually shows up in book 4, not 5 (although maybe she's also in 5? i'm only a quarter through it). But book 4 has the scene with her and the weird trial for Brienne. I'm not sure how I feel about her. One reason I like the series so much is that it doesn't have a ton of magic and nonsense. But then he's like, "whatever, she's a zombie now because that's cool." Is zombie Ned Stark gonna show up in book 6 and take revenge on the Lannisters? It just seems kinda lame, but on the other hand she's a huge shock and is weird and scary and fucked up, which is enjoyable.

I totally agree with you that she'll very probably be introduced next season, it's too wild of a turn in the series to leave her out of the show. I was mostly just saying that I liked that they didn't give her a teaser at the end of this season's finale, and I mostly like that only because book readers all over the internet are very upset about it and it's funny.

She actually shows up in book 4, not 5 (although maybe she's also in 5? i'm only a quarter through it). But book 4 has the scene with her and the weird trial for Brienne. I'm not sure how I feel about her. One reason I like the series so much is that it doesn't have a ton of magic and nonsense. But then he's like, "whatever, she's a zombie now because that's cool." Is zombie Ned Stark gonna show up in book 6 and take revenge on the Lannisters? It just seems kinda lame, but on the other hand she's a huge shock and is weird and scary and ****ed up, which is enjoyable.

I totally agree with you that she'll very probably be introduced next season, it's too wild of a turn in the series to leave her out of the show. I was mostly just saying that I liked that they didn't give her a teaser at the end of this season's finale, and I mostly like that only because book readers all over the internet are very upset about it and it's funny.

book discussion spoiler. all you tv only monkeys can sod off.

Don't forget, the red priest was resuscitating that one dude repeatedly. I think lady stoneheart turned out the way she did b/c she was in a river for a few days before she got the voodoo put on her.

So you're cool with the dragons, and zombies up north, and Faceless men, and as Hank said, Thoros bringing back Beric, but this one magical part bothered you?

So you're cool with the dragons, and zombies up north, and Faceless men, and as Hank said, Thoros bringing back Beric, but this one magical part bothered you?

I guess. I mean I didn't hate zombie Catelyn, I just didn't love it. I think it wasn't just that it was magical because like you said there's a good deal of other magic, it was that it was magical and also a bit of a deus ex machina. Her death is one of the huge shocks of the series, and bringing her back to get revenge or whatever just seems easy, and completely changes the fact that Bran and Arya and Sansa (and Rickon - is he ever gonna make another appearance?) were now all orphaned and directionless, which I liked.