• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes, its not about how many people follow you, but who wants to follow you. Its about the quality, not just the quantity.   You have a new follower request on Twitter: Men of Sapphir

I would guess most players aren't that involved. They likely give their agent a list of priorities and the agent tries to get the best contract possible.   The agent relays the info to the player an

I'm bringing my Twitter into the real life world.   First day of class today, I sit near the front since I'm a nerd, while we're waiting to begin, prof asks my name, I say Zach... "last name?" Hende

• 2 weeks later...

Strombone ‏@strombone1 1h

I'M WILLING TO STAY, BE THE BACK UP AND PLAY FOR FREE IF THEY LET ME SIT IN AT EVERY TORTS PRESSER! #MAN #MYTH #LEGEND

• 2 weeks later...

@AthleteTax: Trade from Burins to Dallas will save @tylerseguin92 about $1,020,000 in state taxes over the remaining 5 years on this contract. #NHL

@AthleteTax is a very interesting follow btw.

Jeff Skinner

Tweets-1

Following-5

That one of those follows was Taylor Swift pretty much destroyed any love I had for this guy. Where did I go wrong with my boy?

1) Don Cherry's style of tweeting is very original

2) It leaves you hanging for more, looking for the next

3) number thats going to appear

4) fairly confident though its not him tweeting

5) at all , a young HNIC staffer maybe

The best thing Cherry has ever done on Twitter was a week or so ago, when he systematically picked every Canadian draft pick and berated teams for picking the European ahead of him (and he listed each Euro). He did this for like 6 different players. It's mind-bogglingly xenophobic. Not that we're shocked by this trait in him, but just the way he did it. He was a caricature of the caricature of himself, basically.

The best thing Cherry has ever done on Twitter was a week or so ago, when he systematically picked every Canadian draft pick and berated teams for picking the European ahead of him (and he listed each Euro). He did this for like 6 different players. It's mind-bogglingly xenophobic. Not that we're shocked by this trait in him, but just the way he did it. He was a caricature of the caricature of himself, basically.

Its a fine line between xenophobic and patriotic...

No it's not.

It's no different than if a white guy complained about all the black players taken by teams instead of all the good wholesome white buys they passed on. He just using nationality instead of race. But the sentiment is the same.

You just simply refuse to see it. But his past remarks against European/Russian players makes it blatantly obvious what he was saying.

Fact not opinion as you always like to put it.

Not really. And if there is a line, he is miles away from it.

Thats why I along with millions love him..

We have been over this many times...Cherry thinks overall North American players are better ...Doesnt make him a racist...

Its a fine line between xenophobic and patriotic...

Cheering for Canadians to get picked high in the draft is patriotic. Ridiculing teams for picking Europeans over Canadians, when your only reasoning is their country of origin, is xenophobic

Thats why I along with millions love him..

We have been over this many times...Cherry thinks overall North American players are better ...Doesnt make him a racist...

Steve said it better than me - I'm curious how you feel about his statement.

No it's not.

It's no different than if a white guy complained about all the black players taken by teams instead of all the good wholesome white buys they passed on. He just using nationality instead of race. But the sentiment is the same.

You just simply refuse to see it. But his past remarks against European/Russian players makes it blatantly obvious what he was saying.

Fact not opinion as you always like to put it.

But it is different...Thats the flaw of your argument..

There is no difference between a white baseball player and a black baseball player.

However as a whole most people will agree that there are differences between North American and European players...ITs a fact..Its a different game they play, its a different upbringing..