• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you'll be gay.        

Those Dufour-Lapointe sisters are pretty sweet looking.   Plus that Indian guy on the Luge is a freak.

Posted Images

i was telling my friend this, that we can actually spin the whole OWN THE PODIUM into , well we have the most gold medals so we owned the podium.Silver and Bronze is for losers anyway..The only winners are the gold medalists..IMO..Here is your silver mr American , congrats you are the number one loser.
AWWW! You guys are even learning to rationalize like Americans. First you try to copy our arrogant, competitive spirit, and now you want to embrace the power of spin.Next you'll tell me that microwavable sausage links wrapped in pancake are huge up there.I can't figure out if the awesomeness of Olympic hockey is good for the NHL or bad. Discuss.

My DVR absolutely ****ed me tonight. I set the stupid thing to record hockey from 3PM-12:30AM on MSNBC. The stupid guide said the hockey was from 3-6 so I just recorded all the other listings to make sure I captured the games. Naturally the guide updated which canceled my MSNBC recording completely. When I got home from work and checked my recorded programs, I immediately noticed this and started recording the games. I watched the USA/Swiss game which seemed very anemic. I don't know if the USA can win two more games. My DVR captured the Canada/Russian starting at 8min to go in the second period and it's 7-3 Canada. Great, I missed TEN ****ING GOALS!!! Of course this ends up being the final score. I'm hoping the Finland/Czech game de-tilts me from missing the the first 1/5 periods of the Can/RUS game.

I can't figure out if the awesomeness of Olympic hockey is good for the NHL or bad. Discuss.
I'd like someone to argue the side of Olympic hockey being bad for the NHL. Besides the risk of injury and taking this break in the middle of the season, how can this possible be anything other than a HUGE benefit to the NHL?
I'd like someone to argue the side of Olympic hockey being bad for the NHL. Besides the risk of injury and taking this break in the middle of the season, how can this possible be anything other than a HUGE benefit to the NHL?
Well, the TV money the NHL wants/needs is in the US. And, to me, hockey is turning into soccer. There is a small subset that loves the sport and follows the professional league(s). Everyone else tunes in for the World Cup (or any international tournament the US makes a run in). The better Olympic hockey is the easier it will be for people to follow that blueprint. It's what happened to me after the lockout. Also, you could argue that it is not a great sign that the NHL has to take a break to get people to care about hockey.
AWWW! You guys are even learning to rationalize like Americans. First you try to copy our arrogant, competitive spirit, and now you want to embrace the power of spin.Next you'll tell me that microwavable sausage links wrapped in pancake are huge up there.I can't figure out if the awesomeness of Olympic hockey is good for the NHL or bad. Discuss.
If 4th and 5th place had a spot on the podium, we would win EVERY single olympics. True story
Guys, I found it online....." So heres the bracket. USA won today and they will face either Finland or Czech Republic. The winner of that game will go to gold medal game and loser will go to bronze medal game. The other bracket will be decided later tonight. It will be Russia or Canada vs either Slovakia or Sweden in the semifinals. The winner of that game will go to gold medal game and loser will go to bronze medal game."So basically the loser of each semi-final, will play in an extra game for the bronze medal. Kinda silly I guess, since they aren't playing for gold, but I guess it's the only way to do it.
HOF worthy

Am I the only one here that thinks USA women have a shit-ton of value on the money line when it's up at +231 for the gold medal game? This has got to be a pick'em at best, no?(i bet with my head, even though sometimes it disagrees with my heart)

Nice win tonight.... still need to tighten the D up a little and tell Pronger the wrong start time for the next game.... other than that, all good. And J. Hedger? Not a tranny.... plays in my bi-weekly home game..... get it? BI-weekly? :club:
I know s/he plays in your home game, but that still doesn't rule out the tranny thing.
Am I the only one here that thinks USA women have a shit-ton of value on the money line when it's up at +231 for the gold medal game? This has got to be a pick'em at best, no?(i bet with my head, even though sometimes it disagrees with my heart)
I don't think it's a pick-em game, but +231 does seem good value. Heck, at +175 or so that'd be decent value. My understanding is that, though the US has been catching up (and arguably better) than the Canadians in the last 2-3 years, the current Canadian team is better than the US by a decent margin. Still, offering better than +200 seems good betting value.
I know s/he plays in your home game, but that still doesn't rule out the tranny thing.
Agreed. Unless part of your home game process is to require a full blood work-up and nude pictures at every 6-month interval for the last 10 years of your life (and, you're willing to share this information), I'm not sure I believe you.Either that, or I'm just trying to snag some nudies of Ms. Hedger. Or Negreanu. Or you....
Well, the TV money the NHL wants/needs is in the US. And, to me, hockey is turning into soccer. There is a small subset that loves the sport and follows the professional league(s). Everyone else tunes in for the World Cup (or any international tournament the US makes a run in). The better Olympic hockey is the easier it will be for people to follow that blueprint. It's what happened to me after the lockout. Also, you could argue that it is not a great sign that the NHL has to take a break to get people to care about hockey.
Well, the easy counter-argument is that they don't "have" to take a break every 4 years to get people interested. Some are interested regardless and some will never care anyway.
Well, the easy counter-argument is that they don't "have" to take a break every 4 years to get people interested. Some are interested regardless and some will never care anyway.
It's also very tough for the NHL to see value when arguably the biggest hockey event of the year is still shown on tape delay in the US. Remember, the NHL makes it's decisions based on recommendations from the board of governors. Amount of revenue generated by allowing NHL'ers to participate in the Olympics? Zero, basically. So why would a governor risk getting his star players hurt for nothing? Bob McCowan had a great idea yesterday. Since the NHL involvement for Sochi is up in the air, he said the NHL should just come to the table wanting a partnership with the IOC. Total gate revenue from Sunday's games was over 15 million, which is more than the Nashville Predators take in. You tell the governors that each team is going to net 300K from the olympics, and they might change their minds...
You tell the governors that each team is going to net 300K from the olympics, and they might change their minds...
300k really means that much to an nhl club?? Seems like a drop in the bucket.
300k really means that much to an nhl club?? Seems like a drop in the bucket.
If it is for something they're already doing, I'm sure they wouldn't fight it.No way the NHL does not go to Sochi. I have no doubt that guys like Ovechkin mean it when they say they're going no matter what. Just a bargaining chip for the NHL.
If it is for something they're already doing, I'm sure they wouldn't fight it.No way the NHL does not go to Sochi. I have no doubt that guys like Ovechkin mean it when they say they're going no matter what. Just a bargaining chip for the NHL.
I think Ovechkin already went to Sochi..he sure wasnt in Vancouver last night.