JJ Abrams and Tom Cruise?! Should be interesting.Visit My WebsiteEXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures today has clinched its deal with Tom Cruise to reprise his role as Ethan Hunt in Mission Impossible 4. Cruise will produce the film with J.J. Abrams. They are looking for a director, but screenwriters Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec are already attached to write the script. The intention is to make this Cruise's next film and start shooting by summer for a Memorial Day 2011 weekend release. And I can definitively say that, despite chatter to the contrary, IM4 will be very much of an Ethan Hunt pic with Cruise as the main character. Gee, remember the bad old days when Cruise and Paramount parent company Viacom chairman Sumner Redstone were on the outs? Guess that old Hollywood saying is as true as ever: "I'll never work with him again -- until I need him." I hear Paramount is really excited about relaunching the franchise, which has grossed over $1.4 billion globally. “Tom and J.J. are great talents and we are excited to be working with them to re-launch this legendary franchise,” said Paramount Pictures Chairman & CEO Brad Grey. I'm told the MI4 deal has been restructured (i.e. brought down to earth) to make it more like recent Industry tentpole deals where everyone shares the risk. MI4 is being co-financed by David Ellison’s Skydance Productions. Cruise just completed the film Knight and Day for 20th Century Fox with a July 2nd release date. It has James Mangold directing and Cameron Diaz co-starring.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JJ Abrams and Tom Cruise?! Should be interesting.
Fuck that...Abrams needs to be focusing on directing and producing the next Star Trek.People really need to start consulting me before making these kinds of decisions.
I was so disappointed to hear they're making another MI movie. I keep thinking of Cruise in Collateral and Magnolia. I thought he was going to continue picking interesting projects.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA
FuAbrams needs to be focusing on directing and producing the next Star Trek.
I liked the new Star Trek, but I keep thinking about the two worst parts--the very beginning, with the planet dying and the human birth and OHMYGOD I get it! I get it!!And then when teen Kirk is driving real fast and is all dangerous and rebellious, why oh why is he listening to the Beastie Boys?
I liked the new Star Trek, but I keep thinking about the two worst parts--the very beginning, with the planet dying and the human birth and OHMYGOD I get it! I get it!!And then when teen Kirk is driving real fast and is all dangerous and rebellious, why oh why is he listening to the Beastie Boys?
what the hell are you talking about?

I was talking about the new Mission Impossible movie, and some issues I had with the director's previous movie. And I was talking about Tom Cruise, and how I think he's parking his career choices on Mediocre Cul de Sac.

I was talking about the new Mission Impossible movie, and some issues I had with the director's previous movie. And I was talking about Tom Cruise, and how I think he's parking his career choices on Mediocre Cul de Sac.
i dont like you.
jj is the shit.tom is a peice of shit.
I probably like Tom Cruise more than you, then. He's not always great, but he always always wants it. I think he's a great movie star.
You're wrong about this. Kinder is pretty damn awesome.
You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman!
Do none of you seem to realize that JJ Abrams directed the last Mission Impossible movie?
I had completely forgotten. I remember the first movie, with the descent from the ceiling. The second movie had short Tom Cruise wearing a John Woo trench coat, which made him look even shorter. What happened in the third?
I had completely forgotten. I remember the first movie, with the descent from the ceiling. The second movie had short Tom Cruise wearing a John Woo trench coat, which made him look even shorter. What happened in the third?
Ron Mexico played the bad guy.I actually thought MI3 was pretty good/not bad at all.philip-seymour-hoffman-picture-1.jpg
He had to save his wife from the evil Phillip Seymour Hoffman.I like Tom Cruise too.Edit: I'm late.But this:
Ron Mexico played the bad guy.
was great.

Cruise is a looney tune in real life but that hasn't stopped me from continuing to enjoy his movies.ValkyrieTropic Thunder (wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be)Mission: Impossible III (enjoyed it throughout. PSH was a kickass bad guy)World of the Worlds (to a lesser extent)Collateral

Whatever Tom Cruise is like in real life has no bearing on my enjoyment of his movies.Also, yeah, he's a little off, but he still seems like a genuinely nice guy to me.