New Challenge: Movin' On Up

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

Watched your vid James, here are my thoughts4:05 – I'm not a huge fan of your sizing when 4betting the QQ, makes stack/pot ratio really tough and I think you're going to get a better response to something in the 25-28bb region OOP in general. Checking the flop is good, but I really don't mind getting it in after he bets. It really depends how “decent” a reg you think he is. But his range for flatting a 4bet is most likely JJ/TT/AQ and AQ should be checking back that flop almost always. So it depends on how intelligent you think he is. I think folding is fine and probably at best only slightly less ev than shoving there. 4:33 – don't autofold button, particularly A8, that's like the nuts on the button :P5:57 – isolate 54s 100% against a limper with a PFR%7:08 – kinda a lame board to cbet, he's not folding much, see a free turn and hit a pair or something8:51 – why do you want to bet?9:30 – I think the QQ is fine, I think I may c/c turn sometimes and then re-eval river, and probably bet river if checked through to get those calls with ace high. Ace high will call double paired boards, but they probably won't call the turn after you 3bet and bet the flop. 10:50 – wp with the KQ12:00 – I like calling, I'd be more inclined to 3bet a reg12:25 – I think you should be sizing turn much larger to get value from his FD's and SD's he c/c12:44 – what is your reasoning for cbetting AK there? Folding to the c/r is fine b/c he's probably retarded and has 8813:21 zomg iso that K7o yo13:45 – I think as a default I flat the aces, keep his range wide, like he's a nit so he has sets more often than Kx and our raise is kinda strong, kinda hard for him to continue with Kx for 3 streets. His range is entirely KQ to call 3 streets. And zomg please shove the river. You can't tell because this is only text but I wrote this before the rest of the hand played out and I did a fistpump to myself when he tabled KQ :)15:32 – He really can't have a J after he donk/calls the flop18:24 – I think the K is a pretty decent card to barrel given he's a fish and could float with like any two, you played it fine. 21:17 – I prefer to 3bet when it's offsuit there. I like the c/r, I generally make it around 4x OOP and 3x IP. Also LOL at giving him a fish tag for folding to one c/r22:40 – iso'ing or limping behind 78 is good23:17 – prefer checking back A7ss there23:54 – calling AJ is good, once he checks I think we snap barrel him off his hand over 3 streets.24:40 – I call one off with 99 there IP25:06 – zomg complete J9o there29:00 – take note of his sizing, if you can get a cbet sizing tell on him you're just going to print money. Terrible board for you to c/r though. What is his opening range from UTG and what is your flatting range pre?29:45 – Yeah flatting an UTG raise in the SB 180 deep with 88 is a huge leak, YSAP30:00 – super thin value bet, like it's not like he can call his air there.31:00 – 88 hands the c/r is okay but idk if you can get stacks in there that easily. Your $4 bet is just so lol strong, it's kinda tough. I probably bet/bet smaller on the turn and river and get more calls. If he has a flush or a J he probably raises a fair percentage anyway. I know syntonic recommended checking turn here but I really don't like it, I think he checks back like his entire range that is also calling a bet basically.General note: work on your cbetting and which boards to do so in comparison to your hand. Ask yourself why you are cbetting each time, what calls you, what is folding, what is raising?cbetting used to be, if not a leak, a weakness of mine for a long time and I've actually moved from a ridiculously high cbet % to a ridiculously low cbet % over the last year

Watched your vid James, here are my thoughts4:05 – I'm not a huge fan of your sizing when 4betting the QQ, makes stack/pot ratio really tough and I think you're going to get a better response to something in the 25-28bb region OOP in general. Checking the flop is good, but I really don't mind getting it in after he bets. It really depends how “decent” a reg you think he is. But his range for flatting a 4bet is most likely JJ/TT/AQ and AQ should be checking back that flop almost always. So it depends on how intelligent you think he is. I think folding is fine and probably at best only slightly less ev than shoving there. 7:08 – kinda a lame board to cbet, he's not folding much, see a free turn and hit a pair or something8:51 – why do you want to bet?12:44 – what is your reasoning for cbetting AK there? Folding to the c/r is fine b/c he's probably retarded and has 8821:17 – I prefer to 3bet when it's offsuit there. I like the c/r, I generally make it around 4x OOP and 3x IP. Also LOL at giving him a fish tag for folding to one c/r23:17 – prefer checking back A7ss there23:54 – calling AJ is good, once he checks I think we snap barrel him off his hand over 3 streets.24:40 – I call one off with 99 there IP29:00 – take note of his sizing, if you can get a cbet sizing tell on him you're just going to print money. Terrible board for you to c/r though. What is his opening range from UTG and what is your flatting range pre?29:45 – Yeah flatting an UTG raise in the SB 180 deep with 88 is a huge leak, YSAP30:00 – super thin value bet, like it's not like he can call his air there.31:00 – 88 hands the c/r is okay but idk if you can get stacks in there that easily. Your $4 bet is just so lol strong, it's kinda tough. I probably bet/bet smaller on the turn and river and get more calls. If he has a flush or a J he probably raises a fair percentage anyway. I know syntonic recommended checking turn here but I really don't like it, I think he checks back like his entire range that is also calling a bet basically.General note: work on your cbetting and which boards to do so in comparison to your hand. Ask yourself why you are cbetting each time, what calls you, what is folding, what is raising?cbetting used to be, if not a leak, a weakness of mine for a long time and I've actually moved from a ridiculously high cbet % to a ridiculously low cbet % over the last year
4:05 QQ- noted about 4bet sizing.21:17 dude was c-betting over 80% through 80 something hands... die, I'll fish tag him if I want to24:40 Yeah, calling one with 99 is better. I think I prob just thought he's an unknown, I'll fold29:00 I know how terrible the c/r was :club: As far as ranges, the guy was playing 34/21 so his range (even UTG is) prettu wide, like a lot of PPs, a lot of broadway and Ax combos etc. My flatting range is prob PPs and some big Ax... I guess by c/r I'm only repping 99 as I'd 3bet KK and QQ pre29:45 I agree. I think I thought too much about getting stacks in rather than maximizing value.30:00 I know it's thin, but I think I can get called by worse, honestly. I have seen some lol river calls at 10nl ;)Now, addressing all the c-betting stuff; I appreciate all the feedback and will be working on that aspect of my game. I know in January I was working with SH a bit regarding board texture and positional stuff and I think I need to do some more of that.TY for watching.
I had a good session today playing 50NL heads up but I would like some feedback (some misplayed hands etc..)I usually play pretty LAG but my opponent is a calling station so I had to change gears after getting stacked.http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/multihands.php/id/19349
tough format to watch hands (just boring)...but I'll say that you prob shouldn't triple barrel on a Q999 board...on q99 board don't fold ATs to a single bet (#43 I think). #72 you make a similar fold of AQ on a kk7 board. even tho this guy is passive, he knows enough to c/bet. ace high on these paired boards is worth at least one call.lol at the hand where he had qj#52 where you have the flush, nice c/r on the turn there, and I just shove the river. If he had a club then he's going to fold to any bet and he's calling any bet w/ an ace.
I don't get it.... the eagle walking on water that is
actually, we all just kind of ignore fighter around here...He makes good posts, we prob nod our heads and then go back to BBV stuff...<3 fighter tho

lol at shortstacking not being profitable... and even more LOL at the idea that a larger shortstack is less profitable than a shorter one... so does that mean your even larger short stack of 100BBs is even less profitable?Just bc the size would confuse you, does not mean that there can't be a profitable game played from it.Also, i peeped that shortstackers stats... if you don't have a bot score of at least 80 playing on a shortstack don't ask amidoinitrite

you could email them, but the support for PT2 refused to give me another license number after I had performed a routine software update. so gl. 2+2 might know.full tilt tried its best, but f'ed up on this turn card...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($10)SB ($9.89)BB ($3.20)UTG ($9.49)Hero (MP) ($10)Preflop: Hero is MP with A :4h, K :diamond:UTG calls $0.10, Hero bets $0.40, 3 folds, UTG raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.30Flop: ($1.55) A :D, 3 :club:, 6 :5c(2 players)UTG bets $1.55, Hero raises to $4, UTG calls $2.45Turn: ($9.55) K :D(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $5.30 (All-In), UTG calls $4.79 (All-In)River: ($19.13) 10 :D(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $19.13 | Rake: $1.27Results:UTG had 10 :qh, A :jh (two pair, Aces and tens).Hero had A :3h, K :ts (two pair, Aces and Kings).Outcome: Hero won $17.86

actually, we all just kind of ignore fighter around here...He makes good posts, we prob nod our heads and then go back to BBV stuff...<3 fighter tho
Agreed
lol at shortstacking not being profitable... and even more LOL at the idea that a larger shortstack is less profitable than a shorter one... so does that mean your even larger short stack of 100BBs is even less profitable?Just bc the size would confuse you, does not mean that there can't be a profitable game played from it.Also, i peeped that shortstackers stats... if you don't have a bot score of at least 80 playing on a shortstack don't ask amidoinitrite
I have nfi where you get your info, but shortstacking basically removes any chance of getting a decent winrate, it's basically a rakeback train to money. And I'd still like to hear your arguments for why 40bb stacking is more profitable than 20bb. There's a reason the min buyin was raised to 35 bb. Mostly for the reasons I stated in a previous post. Just LOL at that whole post.
And I'd still like to hear your arguments for why 40bb stacking is more profitable than 20bb.
The same reason 100bb is more profitable than 40bb and 200bb effective is more profitable than 100bb. It's a fairly simple concept if you think about it. There's a reason we measure winrates in terms of "blind bets." And the deeper you are, the more value you can gain out of hands with bets that aren't blind.And 40bb is better pre bc it's deep enough where you can take a 3-bet / fold line, which opens up your game much much more. Also, when you're the preflop aggressor, your c-bets get much more respect than normal since your stack isn't large enough to pull floats on effectively.The entire key to playing shortstacked is to play well enough in the button, small blind, big blind dynamic to break even on your blind bets, and then using the rest of your *free* positions to obtain a winrate. And yes, that does mean a lot of hard fighting for some very small pots that you normally wouldn't blink at.I also venture to guess you're not a very savvy tournament player... because 40BB (close to 20M) is the beginning of what Harrington refers to as "The Green Zone" meaning all your weapons are still open to you. I know cash games aren't tourneys blah blah blah but the reality is the stack sizes play the same way in both situations... the only difference is in cash games it becomes correct to stack off a bit more frequently since you're not factoring the value of a tournament life and there is no diminishing returns in stack size in cash.
I bet I get kings against aces either today or tomorrow, and I'm not planning to log any significant volume
hehclose...ran aces INTO kings. ftp's really making it hard for me to run my roll up for 25nl. past week been stuck at idle between 400-440.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (MP) ($10.31)CO ($11.17)Button ($16.56)SB ($11.17)BB ($10)UTG ($26.37)Preflop: Hero is MP with A :club:, A :5cUTG bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.35, 4 folds, UTG raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $10.31 (All-In), UTG calls $6.81Flop: ($20.77) 7 :D, K :D, 9 :jh(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($20.77) 4 :D(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($20.77) J :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $20.77 | Rake: $1.38Results:UTG had K :ts, K :3h (three of a kind, Kings).Hero had A :4h, A :qh (one pair, Aces).Outcome: UTG won $19.39
The same reason 100bb is more profitable than 40bb and 200bb effective is more profitable than 100bb. It's a fairly simple concept if you think about it. There's a reason we measure winrates in terms of "blind bets." And the deeper you are, the more value you can gain out of hands with bets that aren't blind.And 40bb is better pre bc it's deep enough where you can take a 3-bet / fold line, which opens up your game much much more. Also, when you're the preflop aggressor, your c-bets get much more respect than normal since your stack isn't large enough to pull floats on effectively.The entire key to playing shortstacked is to play well enough in the button, small blind, big blind dynamic to break even on your blind bets, and then using the rest of your *free* positions to obtain a winrate. And yes, that does mean a lot of hard fighting for some very small pots that you normally wouldn't blink at.I also venture to guess you're not a very savvy tournament player... because 40BB (close to 20M) is the beginning of what Harrington refers to as "The Green Zone" meaning all your weapons are still open to you. I know cash games aren't tourneys blah blah blah but the reality is the stack sizes play the same way in both situations... the only difference is in cash games it becomes correct to stack off a bit more frequently since you're not factoring the value of a tournament life and there is no diminishing returns in stack size in cash.
Well you've convinced me, I'm gonna make a post on 2p2 now enlightening the world about why 40bb stacking is better. The hundreds of shortstacking regs have been doing it wrong all this time. Hail Caesar. And just fyi, 200bb effective isn't really more profitable than 100bb in most situations. It just becomes variance in a lot of table settings. Of course you want to be deep with fish, but regs at 200nl+ are just going to **** you over if you're deep. It's something I learnt the hard way but mostly the players that insta buyin for 200bbs on deep tables are the players with a huge ego and just get into dick waving contests with regs while grinding out their 0.2 bb/100 winrate.40bb is not enough to really be effectively 3b/fold or ever really 3bet bluffing, you're lighting money on fire 3b/folding for >25% of your stack with any frequency whatsoever. And it's definitely deep enough to float/play one street poker. You raise to 3bbs, cbet 4bbs, you still have 33bbs in a 14-15bb pot. 20bb stackers on the other hand have a PSB left. It becomes much different. And it's just ludicrous to even compare 40bb stacking in cash games to a tournament. It's a lot different because of perceived fold equity, because normally 40bb is a large stack in a tourney (aka 2/3 of the table has less than you) so comparitively you're playing a much bigger stack.
hehclose...ran aces INTO kings. ftp's really making it hard for me to run my roll up for 25nl. past week been stuck at idle between 400-440.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (MP) ($10.31)CO ($11.17)Button ($16.56)SB ($11.17)BB ($10)UTG ($26.37)Preflop: Hero is MP with A :club:, A :5cUTG bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.35, 4 folds, UTG raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $10.31 (All-In), UTG calls $6.81Flop: ($20.77) 7 :D, K :D, 9 :jh(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($20.77) 4 :D(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($20.77) J :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $20.77 | Rake: $1.38Results:UTG had K :ts, K :3h (three of a kind, Kings).Hero had A :4h, A :qh (one pair, Aces).Outcome: UTG won $19.39
Gah, keep your head up! 25nl in no time, I imagine :club:

Just watched the new "The Thin Red Line" video on DC and it was Improva this week instead of Grindcore.The video was 6max 200nl and it was really good. He mentioned some awesome things about game flow, which I am too stupid to reword here, but sick tease...

Well you've convinced me, I'm gonna make a post on 2p2 now enlightening the world about why 40bb stacking is better. The hundreds of shortstacking regs have been doing it wrong all this time. Hail Caesar. And just fyi, 200bb effective isn't really more profitable than 100bb in most situations. It just becomes variance in a lot of table settings. Of course you want to be deep with fish, but regs at 200nl+ are just going to **** you over if you're deep. It's something I learnt the hard way but mostly the players that insta buyin for 200bbs on deep tables are the players with a huge ego and just get into dick waving contests with regs while grinding out their 0.2 bb/100 winrate.40bb is not enough to really be effectively 3b/fold or ever really 3bet bluffing, you're lighting money on fire 3b/folding for >25% of your stack with any frequency whatsoever. And it's definitely deep enough to float/play one street poker. You raise to 3bbs, cbet 4bbs, you still have 33bbs in a 14-15bb pot. 20bb stackers on the other hand have a PSB left. It becomes much different. And it's just ludicrous to even compare 40bb stacking in cash games to a tournament. It's a lot different because of perceived fold equity, because normally 40bb is a large stack in a tourney (aka 2/3 of the table has less than you) so comparitively you're playing a much bigger stack.
A ton of this is really really wrong and I apologize you think the 2p2ers are Gods amongst men. First off, my open is 4bbs... and if you have any limpers in front it needs to increase, which totally ends up committing your *entire* stack with many marginal equity hands if you're 20BB deep, making most of those c-bets effectively a shove. You can "float" somebody on 40bbs but it often doesn't work too well bc on the turn they have 2 streets in order to get a PSB in, so if anybody is even trying to pull it off any more than once in a blue moon it gets responded to by checking 100% of the range on the turn.Also, just because you take a 3-bet/fold line does not mean that you're turning your hand into a bluff. Don't you ever bet/fold for value? And if you're battling it out in the blinds by playing passively you're getting crushed longterm. Prime example:Standard 6-max Tagfish opens from button. He's running 18/16 with a 3bet% of 5 and a fold to 3bet of 60%. SB goes away and you're in the BB with 9's. He's obviously calling 3bets way too often which means there is plenty of value to be had from raising, but at the same time since he three balls so low his 4bet/shove range is going to be uber tight so when he comes over the top of you, you're going to need a hell of a lot better than 2-1 to call this shove.I think it's extremely odd for someone to sit here and say on one hand that they want to learn and want to improve at the game so they have an edge etc etc but at the same time sit there and assume there is only *one* way to profitably play. Furthermore I think it's hilarious you think your argument holds any weight since, simply, you don't ever play a short stack game yourself. You base your assumptions off of vague posts of other anonymous people and have 0 experience hands on to make that kind of judgment call.edit: i'd also like to add that it is not at all lucrative to compare how stack sizes play in a tournament to how they work in a cash game, simply because the only thing that changes between the two is the mathematics for properly stacking off... but when dealing with different sized effective stack sizes and how they alter the optimal play, it's right on target, which was what I was getting at.
I used to like watching poker videos...my friend had a CR account that he had let me borrow. IRockHoes was my favorite. tbh I don't think I ever learned anything applicable. If anything the videos had made me paranoid.
Let me know if you want to use my DC acct, those bastards charge way too much, so I feel free to spread the love
Irock is sex in a poker vid
no u