New Challenge: Movin' On Up

TY syntonicI'll look up those hands bc I don't know what you're saying.... But I do know what you're saying about c-bets; believe it or not I've actually lowered my c-bet % from like 75% to 67% or something...

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02 - 9 playersSB: $2.32 BB: $1.32 UTG: $2.00 UTG+1: $1.44 MP: $2.01 MP2: $2.29 HJ: $1.90 CO: $1.95 Button: $1.05 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.03) Hero is Button with :club::ts (9 players)6 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB folds, BB raises to $0.25, Hero foldsBB won $0.17(Rake: $0)I think folding was stupid. But SSing at 2NL, i threat those hands like a fold or shove in this spot. Guess i don't like shoving into a coinflip/dominated spot. Leak?

You're both playing with 50BBs so I would shove as long as the villain isn't uber tight. Hell, I'd probably shove anyways. You're on the button, so he knows that your range is much larger. Maybe I'm thinking too far above the average 2NL player though, haha.Yeah, I don't know. I wish I had more insight for you. I think it's fine, but I prefer a shove.

James wanted me to post an "interesting" hand, so I'll post this. I don't think it's that interesting, I'm just trying to kill his boredom.Villain is 27/21/83Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($50)Hero (UTG) ($85.15)MP ($68.85)Button ($50)SB ($16.80)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8diamond.gif, 8heart.gifHero bets $1.75, 1 fold, Button calls $1.75, 2 foldsFlop: ($4.25) 6diamond.gif, 2club.gif, 3diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3, Button calls $3Turn: ($10.25) Qspade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50River: ($23.25) 9spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $11.50

You're both playing with 50BBs so I would shove as long as the villain isn't uber tight. Hell, I'd probably shove anyways. You're on the button, so he knows that your range is much larger. Maybe I'm thinking too far above the average 2NL player though, haha.Yeah, I don't know. I wish I had more insight for you. I think it's fine, but I prefer a shove.
I think folding is fine. From what I have played so far at this table(less than 2 months), people that raise 10bb+ they have at least JJ+ or AKs. Depending on how tight the player is, it is most likey KK or AA....Like people keep saying to me... at the .02 tables, they cant see past thier cards, if they reraise a raise, they must have something.Kosin Trouble
I think kosintrouble is on to something. 3-betting is fairly uncommon at 2nl, so I think it's like jj+ and AK AQs... I like the fold, but I also agree wtih syntonic that if we had noticed him being aggro/3-betting than this is a jam
James wanted me to post an "interesting" hand, so I'll post this. I don't think it's that interesting, I'm just trying to kill his boredom.Villain is 27/21/83Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($50)Hero (UTG) ($85.15)MP ($68.85)Button ($50)SB ($16.80)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8diamond.gif, 8heart.gifHero bets $1.75, 1 fold, Button calls $1.75, 2 foldsFlop: ($4.25) 6diamond.gif, 2club.gif, 3diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3, Button calls $3Turn: ($10.25) Qspade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50River: ($23.25) 9spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $11.50
What is villains fold to c-bet stat? how many hands is this over? And you should use AF (aggression factor) instead of agression %...Without more stats I foldQdXd and maybe some TT/JJsets are really his only value hands right? I guess if we know his fold to cbet we can see if he'll float KQx

Yeah, folding seems right to me (sick hero call if you made it :club: )Also, the garf is the seckzeeHow did you make it show up sans grabit link?What stakes? When did you start 50nl?

Yeah, folding is correct I think.I had to throw the picture onto my webserver and use that URL.I played 25NL up until about 700. I wanted to wait for 20 BIs to move up, but I've played 50NL quite a bit and I'm very comfortable at that level so I jumped a bit early. So basically just 25 and 50NL. The 'V' at the end there was my silly 100NL adventure haha. When I hit 20-22 BIs for 100NL I'll move up.

They might not think in term of range, but i definitely suspect your average 2NL player to believe you are on a steal every time you raise from the dealer button. That's why i thought it was uber weak to fold there.
I think betting turn in the AK hand is > c/r flop by a mile. His flatting range there is like pocket pairs and connectors/broadways. Almost that whole range checks back flop except for like 89s because of showdown value. Meanwhile by betting he folds all of his hands except for pocket pairs and probably a few of those too and when I shove the turn he is folding any pair <JJ just about always. Even JJ would be a tough call. Meanwhile I have AA/KK blockers (and he 4bets those most of the time, QQ sometimes) so only a very small portion of his range can call a potsize shove because we look like a lolstrong AA/KK trying to induce a wtf call from a pocket pair. Oh and we have 7 outs too.
FYP
Ninja just remember that the min buyin at ftp now is 35bb so you can't actually shortstack.
I'm aware...I started out in July shortstacking on AP for the 40BB min... it's actually much more playable than 20BB imo.

yea so Is it down for a session and 20 hands in. I mean could you play a hand worse, no. Can full tilt look out for you better, no.I bet I get kings against aces either today or tomorrow, and I'm not planning to log any significant volumeFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($9.77)SB ($14.83)BB ($13.01)UTG ($3.50)UTG+1 ($4.75)MP1 ($13.86)MP2 ($8.48)Hero (CO) ($10)Preflop: Hero is CO with 10 :club:, 10 :D4 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.65) 6 :5c, 9 :D, 10 :4h(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $12.71 (All-In), Hero calls $9.30 (All-In)Turn: ($20.05) 3 :3h(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($20.05) K :qh(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $20.05 | Rake: $1.33Results:BB had 7 :jh, 8 :D (straight, ten high).Hero had 10 :ts, 10 :D (three of a kind, tens).Outcome: BB won $18.72

up to 2:00 steamrolling the tables 3:00 yea good c/bet on that kinda board4:15 LOLFLOP and yea wellplayed imo6:40 kt isolation w/two players from the CO is a bit loose7-8:30 dead air suchhhh a good time for a tuff_fish impression9:30 qq hand kinda have to bet/fold10:55 10nl bet/fold on the river wtf?????12:00 3betting a fish w/t8 is terrible there, call is fine12:50 on that board I prob just check behind otf14:30 ooo this is the kq hand where you just called w/aa18:00 versus, very good19:00 I steal from co w/a3syou kinda sound like Irockhoes21:30 not a bad spot to c/r bluff w/the kq on the dry board, nh"raise his cbets when...the board is dry"22:30 I limp w/the 87 otb24:00 I bet w/the AJs and plan to barrel many turn cards...once he checks that board I'd expect him to just give up26:00 how do you stand IM sounds?28:00 minraise is OK but to 3.5x or even 3x I fold 22 to a loose opener29:00 flop c/r is bad...before it was good because the board's so dry and he didn't rebluff on it. on this board he hits a ton of hands and plus you're likely to get called since you just c/red30;10 despite being OOP I just flat w/the 88...we're multiway and we can lead turns and try to catch the bb in the middle if he callsbut good point that you're deep so a raise is probably best by a mile actually. solid session

So since like 80% of my roll is tied up in future rakeback payments I've been forced to start short stacking again :\For those of you who loath and despise it, I will remind you that when short rolled it will actually *increase* your hourly rate.Cons:Lose value on giant hands as you can't win a big pot. Expect your winrate in terms of BB to drop at least 50%Karma, bc eff short stacks and all thatPros:Play with higher blinds than you are traditionally rolled for. Winning 2BB/100 at .10/.25 is the same as winning 5BB/100 at .05/.10Play more tables since your decisions are more basic.Aggressive play becomes more optimal.Increase your rakeback totals (since it works off of MGR anyhow) making a tremendous difference in your $/hr.
you scum. -tuff_fish
I'm aware...I started out in July shortstacking on AP for the 40BB min... it's actually much more playable than 20BB imo.
lol wat. 40bb stacking is way way way less profitable, and 20bb isn't really profitable in the first place, just a good way to whore rakeback.40bb = you can't 3bet shove pre light profitablyyour fold equity is similar to 20bbyou can't setmineyou can't play 3 street pokeryou can't ever bet/fold or raise/fold
lol wat. 40bb stacking is way way way less profitable, and 20bb isn't really profitable in the first place, just a good way to whore rakeback.40bb = you can't 3bet shove pre light profitablyyour fold equity is similar to 20bbyou can't setmineyou can't play 3 street pokeryou can't ever bet/fold or raise/fold
HatersGonnaHate.jpg