New Challenge: Movin' On Up

STRAT HAND!!!!!I am really bad in these spots. I honestly don't even know what variables to consider when deciding river action.Villain is 51/50/2AF over 18 hands. 0 fold to cbet. If I remember correctly tho this was only the 3rd hand I had vs villain so it's mostly just readless.My reasons for checking would be that the draws missed, making him more likely to call with 88, 7x etc perhaps. Also, the 9 pairs and a lot of his c/c twice range will be flopped top pair.My reasons for betting would be to move him off of AXdd, 7x (I put 7x in both ranges as I dont know what a random fish does here with a 7), and worse pairs. And I want to win the pot :qh Also, if we do bluff the river, what kind of sizing is best? $1.20?Merge Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersDeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterCO: $2.48Hero (BTN): $4.00SB: $6.92BB: $9.89UTG: $7.02MP: $7.51Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BTN with T :club: Q :ts3 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.08, 1 foldFlop: ($0.24) 3 :4h 9 :5c 7 :jh(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20Turn: ($0.64) K :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50River: ($1.64) 9 :3h(2 players)SB checks,
give up. there's only 1 draw better than yours... if you had 6 high there might be a reason to fire half pot
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

James, in general I would be firing all but the worst rivers once I bet that turn.I wouldn't consider the 9 a horrible card on the river, but it's not great, so I don't mind checking behind since it could be harder to get him to fold.

I have a bunch of hands from today and yesterday that I want some input on, I hope you're interested :club:feral_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersCO: $23.43 Button: $26.41 SB: $27.14 (Hero)BB: $20.69 UTG: $8.11 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with :club::ts (5 players)UTG raises to $0.75, CO raises to $2, Button folds, Hero calls $1.90, BB folds, UTG calls $1.25Flop: ($6.25) :qh:5c:jh (3 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $6.11 and is all-in, CO raises to $12.22, Hero foldsTurn: ($18.47) :D (2 players)River: ($18.47) :4h (2 players)

CO mucked Kd AdUTG showed 6s As, and won ($17.57) with two UTG won $17.57

(Rake: $0.90)Since I'm a newish player, I mean I have played for like a year now but probably have under 50k hands, with a huge gap of nothing in the middle of them. And only 20k of them have been on a site with competent players, so I'm not too confident with my reads and so on. Now, I figured him raising here was a sign of weakness more than strength, maybe a hand like AK or AQ with a flush draw, even AJ+FD given the two players involved. I thought I could call here, but, even if I was right about him having AK or something, I won't be right 100% of the time and he would have outs so I folded. Would calling here be wrong? I was really unhappy folding and it took me a while to do it.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersCO: $31.18 (Hero)Button: $52.03 SB: $26.91 BB: $24.02 UTG: $6.81 UTG+1: $21.65 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with :3h:5c (6 players)UTG raises to $0.75, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0.75, Button calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB foldsFlop: ($3.25) :(:D:4h (4 players)SB checks, UTG bets $3.25, Hero raises to $9, Button raises to $51.28 and is all-in, SB folds, UTG calls $2.81 and is all-in, Hero calls $21.43 and is all-inTurn: ($70.17) :D (3 players)River: ($70.17) :qc (3 players)

Hero showed 5c 5d, and lost with three of a kind,

(Rake: $2)Am I ever folding here? I don't think so (not being results oriented, I swear), my only concern was that the player seemed pretty passive, so I wasn't quite sure but I snapped him off anyways. I'm pretty sure I was right on this hand, but this was in my list of hands so I figured I may as well post it here just to see your opinions...feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG: $37.11 UTG+1: $25.00 CO: $13.01 Button: $29.63 (Hero)SB: $30.31 BB: $31.08 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with 7h.gif7c.gif (6 players)3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50Flop: ($1.60) Th.gif9c.gif3c.gif (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1Turn: ($3.60) Ac.gif (2 players)BB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($3.60) 2c.gif (2 players)BB bets $2, Hero raises to $5, BB calls $3Hero showed 7h.gif7c.gif, and lost with a flush(Rake: $0.67)Spew? I bet a lot of these boards that are horrible, however, since I didn't barrel the ace, it kind of kills my credibility since I didn't rep the flush draw on turn. Thoughts?feral_cow_icon.gifonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG+1: $36.76 CO: $26.76 Button: $14.27 SB: $25.00 (Hero)BB: $29.81 UTG: $34.96 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 5d.gifAd.gif (6 players)4 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $6, BB calls $3.50Flop: ($12.10) 9s.gif7s.gif5s.gif (2 players)Hero checks, BB checksTurn: ($12.10) 9h.gif (2 players)Hero checks, BB checksRiver: ($12.10) 4d.gif (2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $7, Hero foldsBB collected $11.40(Rake: $0.60)This was an interesting hand... The big blind didn't have a really high 3bet %, but 100% of them were from the big blind (25% from the big blind over like 20 hands, not 20 total hands but 20 hands where he had the opportunity to 3bet in the big blind) I figured this could be an okay spot to 4bet/fold but then he called and I had no idea what to do. If I check I'm basically giving up on the hand, although I thought about calling the river, but if I cbet he is probably shipping it a good chunk of the time since most of the time people have just called my 4bets they have had JJ, QQ or AK (Which could have a flush draw or flopped flush anyways). This hand would be awesome to get some input on...feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 2 playersBB: $51.05 Button: $33.58 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with :D:3d (2 players)Hero raises to $0.75, BB raises to $2.41, Hero calls $1.66Flop: ($4.82) :D :D :( (2 players)BB bets $3.66, Hero raises to $10, BB raises to $35, Hero calls $21.17 and is all-inTurn: ($67.16) :qh (2 players)River: ($67.16) :D (2 players)

BB showed 5s Ks, and won ($66.66) BB won $66.66

(Rake: $0.50)I thought about 4betting here, but I felt I would have to call if I got shipped on because I 3bet him the last two hands as well and I haven't played heads up for a long long time, but I don't think stacking off 130BB deep with 88 is that great of an idea although I could be wrong. Since I called, fine as played? I mean, overpair heads up is the nuts right? :club:Moooooooooooraaawwwr.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersSB: $26.70 BB: $29.62 UTG: $25.00 (Hero)UTG+1: $16.68 CO: $25.44 Button: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with :D:ts (6 players)Hero raises to $0.75, 4 folds, BB calls $0.50Flop: ($1.60) :7s:3h:jh (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB raises to $3, Hero calls $2Turn: ($7.60) :club: (2 players)BB bets $4.75, Hero raises to $15.25,

BB foldsHero collected $16.27(Rake: $0.83)I actually wasn't so happy with myself for even calling the flop, and for my raise on the turn. He had no history of making random check raises, and unless he had 45 I don't know how often he is folding. Am I totally off in thinking this was horrible by me, or no?Anyways, thanks, I usually just dump all my hands into a text file until I finally force myself to posting it here, sorry!/wall of text

For the TT hand, I'm not 100% what ranges people call 3 bets with in 6max but in general multiway pots keep people pretty honest about the strength of thier hand. I think getting TT in here 3 way would be unprofitable, if you play with poker stove and some ranges I think you will find you don't have good equity here.

Signed up for Lock, hopefully I will get the rakeback as well. Now time to clear the 200% BONUS. Hopefully there isnt an expiry on it, or I wont be able to clear it all I dont think.Time to bum hunt some fish on there... Hey James, whats your Lock sn?

Signed up for Lock, hopefully I will get the rakeback as well. Now time to clear the 200% BONUS. Hopefully there isnt an expiry on it, or I wont be able to clear it all I dont think.Time to bum hunt some fish on there... Hey James, whats your Lock sn?
haha... no time limit on the bonus, btw
May goalsProfitIron man
[ ] Profit[x] Iron manSo I started out the month going to grind up enough at 25NL to take my millionth shot at 50NL. I got massively dumped on at 25NL so I moved to 10NL to just get some winning sessions and confidence back and got massively dumped on there too. May11.jpgI ended up running about 8 buy ins under EV which really didn't help at all. Going to grind some 10NL and hopefully move back to 25NL once I'm winning consistantly again. TotalPoker: -$317.7Rake back etc: $141.85= -175.85Hands 70k (32.6k @10nl) June goals PROFITIron man
[ ] Profit[x] Iron manSo I started out the month going to grind up enough at 25NL to take my millionth shot at 50NL. I got massively dumped on at 25NL so I moved to 10NL to just get some winning sessions and confidence back and got massively dumped on there too. May11.jpgI ended up running about 8 buy ins under EV which really didn't help at all. Going to grind some 10NL and hopefully move back to 25NL once I'm winning consistantly again. TotalPoker: -$317.7Rake back etc: $141.85= -175.85Hands 70k (32.6k @10nl) June goals PROFITIron man
I know I've said it before, but seriously, play less tables. Just for one month, give it a shot.

So I tried emailing to a couple different places about getting rakeback on an existing account with Lock.I think I may have found a place to do it, but I'm not entirely sure, so I'm just waiting to hear back.*fingers crossed*

Not sure how many Lock players we have now (Me, James, Ninja, Kosin??) Any others?Would any of you guys be interested in some sort of cheap (very cheap) win rate bet for the month of June?Something like: 1. Winner will be the person who has the highest winrate in terms of BB/1002. Minimum of 12,000 hands. I think this can be negotiated. Me personally, I'll have a hard enough time getting to 10k hands with my schedule of play now.3. Only your graph/stats from PT3 or HEM will count. I'm sure there's other stuff if you guys can think of anything. Just running this off the top of my head.As for the bet, I was thinking something in the $5 to $10 range.

For the TT hand, I'm not 100% what ranges people call 3 bets with in 6max but in general multiway pots keep people pretty honest about the strength of thier hand. I think getting TT in here 3 way would be unprofitable, if you play with poker stove and some ranges I think you will find you don't have good equity here.
I put him on any pocket pair, and figured there was a decent chance he would have 4bet QQ+ pre. I also thought he could have a hand like KJ, AJ, JT and a few other hands. He snapped off some other guy's 3bet with 9To earlier, so I figured he had quite a calling range.
Not sure how many Lock players we have now (Me, James, Ninja, Kosin??) Any others?Would any of you guys be interested in some sort of cheap (very cheap) win rate bet for the month of June?
Unfortunately I will be hitting the 12k lines of code mark before the 12k hands mark. I'm working at a start up right now, and all my work is from home... and I inherited a steaming pile of shit that's supposed to be in production in an hour according to the original deadline LOL. I doubt I will see more than 10 hours to play this month... because I refuse to give up my anime and forum browsing is what I do waiting for Eclipse to stop being the worst IDE ever. **** Java. When I start building the new parts I'm telling my boss we're switching to Python.

QED, how often do you 3bet over late position out of the blinds? This is kind of key to beating 50NL. Do what jon says and get a few less tables so you can pick out these spots

doubt I play 5k hands...in for degenning tho... just make it so i have to play like 8k hands instead? $10?
sure, 8k minimum hands is fine for $10if anyone else on Lock wants in, just reply to this post with "in" late reg. can be available until June 2nd.

Dear KosinTrouble,If you dump me 12bi, I'll ship it back and split the $10 from Jon with you.PM me to keep this on the dl if you're interested.Love,James

Ivey's statement on his Facebook page....

Phil IveyFor many years, I have been proud to call myself a poker player. This great sport has taken me to places I only imagined going and I have been blessed with much success. It is therefore with deep regret that I believe I am compelled to release the following statement.I am deeply disappointed and embarrassed that Full Tilt players have not been paid money they are owed. I am equally embarrassed that as a result many players cannot compete in tournaments and have suffered economic harm.I am not playing in the World Series of Poker as I do not believe it is fair that I compete when others cannot. I am doing everything I can to seek a solution to the problem as quickly as possible.My name and reputation have been dragged through the mud, through the inactivity and indecision of others and on behalf of all poker players I refuse to remain silent any longer. I have electronically filed a lawsuit against Tiltware related to the unsettled player accounts. As I am sure the public can imagine, this was not an easy decision for me.I wholeheartedly refuse to accept non-action as to repayment of players funds and I am angered that people who have supported me throughout my career have been treated so poorly.I sincerely hope this statement will ignite those capable of resolving the problems into immediate action and would like to clarify that until a solution is reached that cements the security of all players, both US and International, I will, as I have for the last six weeks, dedicate the entirety of my time and efforts to finding a solution for those who have been wronged by the painfully slow process of repayment.
<3 this guy soooooooo much more now
QED, how often do you 3bet over late position out of the blinds? This is kind of key to beating 50NL. Do what jon says and get a few less tables so you can pick out these spots
I was doing it a fair amount at 50NL once I had a some stats on the people I was three betting. I think a lot my problems come down to my post flop play where I was spewing too much with c-bets, not double barreling enough and not getting enough value off people in some spots because I assume they have to have a thin range like I would rather than having retardo hands they can call me with that I beat.
Ivey's statement on his Facebook page....<3 this guy soooooooo much more now
Cynic mode: he is just going to clean up the cash tables instead of playing donkamentsGood statement though, guess I need to change my fantasy team now.

This is why I <3 FCP and never spend time on 2p2You have been banned for the following reason:racist post/quoting & responding to racist post - "**** FTP I'm suing for all your fried chikuns!"Date the ban will be lifted: 06-04-2011, 02:00 PM