New Challenge: Movin' On Up

I like my beach here, thank you very much.So olive you might as well taste me.You can do that anyway.
I don't much like olives. :)I actually tanned a bit in Colombia...though I tend to freckle more than tan. I was still one of the whitest gringos there. My nickname among the locals was 'flaquito'.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

how was the food in colombia?are you going out to vegas this summer?
Food was great. Pretty much ate everything put in front of me. I tried arepas, empanadas, sancocho, a full fresh mango, muneco de leche, and passion fruit juice for the first time. You seem to get some form of plantain with almost every meal.Not looking likely that I'll get to Vegas. Took my yearly shot at a WSOP ME sat on Sunday without success. If I can luck my way into a top 3 in the Bodog 100k in the next few weeks, I'd probably try to get out there for a bit. Also being the solo owner of two cats can put a bit of a crimp in long travel plans. (Had a very nice neighbor that helped watch them while I was in Colombia.)
Food was great. Pretty much ate everything put in front of me. I tried arepas, empanadas, sancocho, a full fresh mango, muneco de leche, and passion fruit juice for the first time. You seem to get some form of plantain with almost every meal.
fresh mango sounds nice
97 95 96 96 97 97 the last six days in Iowa WTF. Storms were promised today and cooler air. No luck yet. I hate hot weather.
LOL 64 here today right now. Sitting at my kid's ballgame last night and there were storms to the west ... a sudden gust of cold wind took them temp from 95 to below 80 in 3 seconds. It was bizarre. Temps and rain fell all night and day so far. It's really nice (cloudy) now.

Fish is playing 33/13He lost a big pot when he c/c K33 with 54 (no flush draw), then after the turn checked through, he overbet bluffed the river with air and was called.Afterwards he shoved the BB after some limps, everyone folded, and he showed K6o.Then he probably open shoved 4 or 5 more times without getting called.I think my hand is strong enough against his range. Thoughts?Merge No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Merge Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($4.18)UTG ($4.06)MP ($3.88)CO ($2.92)Hero (Button) ($4)SB ($7.59)Preflop: Hero is Button with 7 :ts, A :club:UTG raises to $4.06 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero calls $4 (All-In), 2 folds

yeah, it's prob +evwhat kind of range do we think he has, 75%? 60% 90%???The only thing is BR consideration and if you've been down swonging it might be better to pass on the variance

Finance exam this morning then lot of hiking and grinding this weekendIf anyone is interested in doing a sweat hit me up. I like talking to ppl when I grind.

For Marchant and Galfond,Merge Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1338070DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterHero (SB): $4.00BB: $3.80UTG: $4.93CO: $3.71BTN: $3.20Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is SB with Jc.gifJd.gif1 fold, CO raises to $0.12, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.28Flop: ($0.84) As.gif8s.gif6h.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.22, CO calls $0.22Turn: ($1.28) 6d.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.32, CO raises to $1.14, Hero calls $0.82River: ($3.56) 7d.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $1.95 all in, Hero calls $1.95Final Pot: $7.46Hero shows Jc.gifJd.gif (Two Pair Jacks and Sixes)CO shows 7c.gif8d.gifHero wins $7.09(Rake: $0.37)

Really not sure how I feel about my decision to bet the turn... but bink at him making no sense and picking off bluffs :club: poker is fun when you run like the sun and are on the right side of hero callsMerge Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1338422DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History ConverterSB: $8.76BB: $5.41UTG: $4.96MP: $3.81Hero (CO): $4.00BTN: $4.28Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is CO with 4c.gif5c.gif2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, SB calls $0.10, 1 foldFlop: ($0.40) 4h.gif3s.gif6c.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.27, BTN calls $0.27, SB foldsTurn: ($0.94) Td.gif(2 players)Hero bets $0.48, BTN raises to $1.69, Hero calls $1.21River: ($4.32) Ks.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BTN bets $2.20 all in, Hero calls $1.92 all inFinal Pot: $8.16Hero shows 4c.gif5c.gif (Pair of Fours)BTN shows Jc.gif9c.gif (King High)BTN wins $0.28Hero wins $7.76(Rake: $0.12)

Finally lost a hand today... got stacked by JJ on a J high board when I had queens.Then I slammed KK into AA and rivered a K. I'm running insanely hot which is nice but I'm bracing for a crashGot 3b a ton and made a few bad plays, but nothing huge500 hands today gets me to 2100 for the month... 8k here I comeHiking time!!!

Finally lost a hand today... got stacked by JJ on a J high board when I had queens.Then I slammed KK into AA and rivered a K. I'm running insanely hot which is nice but I'm bracing for a crashGot 3b a ton and made a few bad plays, but nothing huge500 hands today gets me to 2100 for the month... 8k here I comeHiking time!!!
My only hope is that you don't reach 8k hands.
i like your chancesare you still playing? wug thoughts on a video soon, sir?
yeah, still playing. pretty much in the red for the whole month, but making good decisions (i think).

Well this helps...My only ? is am I okay to set mine here? I think so.3 bet is from a guy playing 8/5 with a 0% 3bet, and the guy that flat the 3bet is a fish.Merge No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Merge Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP ($4.47)CO ($7.27)Button ($6.04)SB ($4.02)BB ($7.06)Hero (UTG) ($4.84)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5 :D, 5 :club:Hero bets $0.12, MP raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.28Flop: ($1.26) J :ts, 5 :D, 9 :4h(3 players)Hero bets $0.63, MP raises to $1.76, CO calls $1.76, Hero raises to $4.44 (All-In), MP calls $2.31 (All-In), CO calls $2.68Turn: ($14.21) 6 :qh(3 players, 2 all-in)River: ($14.21) 4 :club:(3 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $14.21 | Rake: $0.71Results:Hero had 5 :D, 5 :5c (three of a kind, fives).MP had A :3h, A :D (one pair, Aces).CO had 10 :jh, Q :ts (high card, Queen).Outcome: Hero won $13.50

Brag: Won 4.5bi tonight.Beat: Lost $870. (+12bi at 100nl, -5bi at 200nl, and -2.5bi at 400nl)Variance: Probably wasn't even going to play tonight if one of the 20 people that I invited over had actually showed. Instead, I played 8 hours.

small loss at 4nl (25bb) didn't make any hands to value bet :(small win (50bb) at 10nl... raise and bets worked well then got two streets with 88 on 87446 vs a likely flush draw based on his check/insta fold river line...