New Challenge: Movin' On Up

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9W80XW77excuse my comments on the 33 hand, I'm out of it@26:15 in my video, what's up with the check back on the flop? I'm curious for sureand the 66 hand!
First of all, thank you so much for doing this. It's great to hear someone else's viewpoint on your own play.66 hand!! That is also not the standard way that I would play that hand, but I took a different approach against a reg. I'll quickly go over my thought process on every street.Pre-flop: I 3b the 66 which is standard for me against a reg button steal, and sometimes I would just flat there.Flop: I'm checking 100% of my range here against a reg on an Axx in a 3b pot. Like you said, I think he's going to be betting 100% of his range once I check, because I think my range looks a lot like a hand that wants to pot control like JJ-KK. The only reason I called is to try and take the pot away on a later street since at this particular time in the hand, I think that although his range is still wide, it will narrow greatly once we see his turn action.Turn: I really liked this turn card, because I think now it allows us to play perfectly despite being OOP. I think his range of flush draws on the flop is limited to hands like AJs-AQs and KQs, although I wouldn't entirely discount something like 10Js or 910s. At the same time, we should have more flush draws in our range even though we didn't play the flop like most people would with a flush draw in our shoes. When I check, the only hands he can really bet on this turn card are flushes, sets, and bluffs (which I don't think he has very many bluffs in his range). The rest of his range is going to check behind to try and get to a cheap showdown.River: The basic plan here was to just jam any blank, and I think the 4h is about as good a blank as we can hope for in this spot. Once he checked back the turn, I think his range is going consist of 88-1010 (I would've included JJ and QQ but I think those check behind on the flop), KQs, AQs, and then maybe like a small percentage of some random suited connector that just wanted to play a pot in posistion. Since AQs is the only hand in his range that he would consider calling with, I think the overbet jam will work a lot because AQs makes up such a small portion of his range.Whew! Long explanation. Hope that answers some of your questions.feral_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 4 playersSB: $9.75 BB: $28.92 (Hero)UTG: $32.10 Button: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with :qh:4h (4 players)UTG folds, Button raises to $0.61, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.25, Button calls $1.64Flop: ($4.60) :jh:5c:club: (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $3, Hero calls $3Turn: ($10.60) :3h (2 players)Hero checks, Button checksRiver: ($10.60) :ts (2 players)Hero bets $23.67 and is all-in, Button foldsHero collected $10.09(Rake: $0.51)
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

grossferal_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 playersButton: $27.20 SB: $58.60 BB: $50.00 (Hero)UTG: $65.95 UTG+1: $105.55 CO: $25.35 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with :D :D (6 players)2 folds, CO calls $0.50, Button folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero checksFlop: ($1.50) :5c:club::jh (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $1, CO calls $1, SB calls $1Turn: ($4.50) :ts (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50, SB calls $2.50River: ($12.00) :4h (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $8, CO folds, SB raises to $54.60 and is all-in, Hero calls $38 and is all-inSB showed :qh:3h, and won ($101) with a full house, Nines full of SevensHero showed :D :D, and lost with a full house, Nines full of ThreesSB won $101(Rake: $3)

grossferal_cow_icon.gifCows play poker with cow chipsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 playersButton: $27.20 SB: $58.60 BB: $50.00 (Hero)UTG: $65.95 UTG+1: $105.55 CO: $25.35 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with :D :D (6 players)2 folds, CO calls $0.50, Button folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero checksFlop: ($1.50) :5c:club::jh (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $1, CO calls $1, SB calls $1Turn: ($4.50) :ts (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50, SB calls $2.50River: ($12.00) :4h (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $8, CO folds, SB raises to $54.60 and is all-in, Hero calls $38 and is all-inSB showed :qh:3h, and won ($101) with a full house, Nines full of SevensHero showed :D :D, and lost with a full house, Nines full of ThreesSB won $101(Rake: $3)
not like you'd ever fold anyway, but ofc it's the 3 of hearts too.
Thoughts on his range and why you went with the over-bet bluff?I think a good chunk of his range that gets to the river is going to be some pocket pairs (44-88) and 45 (snap called flop and turn), and maybe a few ace-high, especially A4 A5/gutters. dunno if we need to over-bet. He prob folds that range to a 2/3 bet or whatev. And that being said, might be more inclined to call with A high or 66 when you polarize your range, thoughts?still sexy bc I fold everything that isn't a boat vs the over-bet
We don't necessarily need to overbet, but I like having it in my arsenal.People like to call and generally don't like to fold pairs. We can't let them say, "Oh...I'm just going to call his reasonable size bets down." If he wants to call with A-high or 66, that's fine...I'm balanced enough that I'll have strong hands here.I just like overbetting in some bluff spots because so many people view the overbet as strong these days. As you said, you're folding anything but a boat. On this particular board and given the action, it's not crazy to polarize a bit.

yeah, my only thinking/argument was to save it for when villain has a stronger range, which I don't think he does in this spot. But I have no problem with the play, you know what you're doing.Plus, results say it was an awesome play :club:

lol yeah, I actually thought to myself if I would b/f there on like the 3 of clubs.
Villain probably think he are the bestest ever for trapping a guy with the 3rd nuts. Yeah! If I didn't slowplay he probably check behind on the river! GO ME!

goes w/out saying that MP is a 70/30. not sure why I still have this client installedthankful I guess that the river was an ace?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($25)MP ($63.19)CO ($25.71)Button ($13.25)SB ($49.68)Hero (BB) ($31.36)Preflop: Hero is BB with Q :4h, K :D1 fold, MP bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.25Flop: ($2.50) K :qh, Q :D, A :D(5 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets $1.50, 1 fold, Button calls $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.50Turn: ($7) Q :club:(3 players)Hero checks, MP bets $4, Button calls $4, Hero raises to $12, MP calls $8, Button calls $7.25 (All-In)River: ($42.25) A :jh(3 players, 1 all-in)Hero checks, MP checksTotal pot: $42.25 | Rake: $2.11Results:Button had 4 :club:, A :ts (full house, Aces over Queens).Hero had Q :5c, K :ts (full house, Queens over Aces).MP had Q :D, A :3h (full house, Aces over Queens).Outcome: Button won $19.36, MP won $20.78

yuck at that hand, trysteroSo both villains are kindy fishy, but not too horrible. The SB being the bigger fish, which is why I just call the flop bet.Is my line on the river okay? I think sometimes the SB has a hand big enough to call a raise, but I figured there was a better chance of getting an overcall from UTG.feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 6 playersButton: $50.00 SB: $68.15 BB: $78.10 (Hero)UTG: $50.00 UTG+1: $106.15 CO: $175.55 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with :qh:D (6 players)UTG raises to $1.50, 3 folds, SB calls $1.25, Hero calls $1Flop: ($4.50) :club::4h:D (3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $2, SB calls $2, Hero calls $2Turn: ($10.50) :3h (3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checksRiver: ($10.50) :ts (3 players)SB bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50, UTG foldsSB showed :5c:D, and lost with two pair, Sevens and ThreesHero showed :jh:D, and won ($24.25) with a flush, Ace highHero won $24.25(Rake: $1.25)

I raise alwaysI'm never worried about SB having a FH and I wouldn't count on UTG overcalling once he checks the turn on a total blank. Not saying he couldn't be slowing down w/Kx, just that I wouldn't count on it. Since you've described the SB as a fish then you're definitely missing value by not raising because he could call w/many worse hands, and when he does have a flush he'll overplay it sometimes.

finally finished grinding on the day.. i think its my most hands in a day, but i could have easily doubled it. i took several breaks and watched tv or surfed the net when i could have been grinding.5170 hands at 25NL and like +3 buyins... def got coolered alot today, spewed some but overall happy.

sometimes i just suck at pokerferal_cow_icon.gifv1.26Cows play poker with cow chipsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersUTG+1 silviu3dfx: $28.89 CO hurricane333: $25.71 Button LC86: $25.00 SB Hero: $29.53 BB maurice024: $20.00 UTG vivir el sueno: $31.84 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with :4h: :club:: (6 players)3 folds, LC86 raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $3.25, maurice024 calls $3, LC86 foldsFlop: ($7.25) :D: :D: :jh: (2 players)Hero checks, maurice024 checksTurn: ($7.25) :D: (2 players)Hero bets $4.75, maurice024 calls $4.75River: ($16.75) :qh: (2 players)Hero checks, maurice024 checksHero showed :5c: :ts:, and won ($15.92) with Ace Queen highmaurice024 mucked :3h: :D:Hero won $15.92(Rake: $0.83)i thought he had like 88-JJ for his range and when he checked back flop i thought good turn to bluff at.. little did i know it was for value,lulsEDIT: lol at 3bet size

We don't necessarily need to overbet, but I like having it in my arsenal.People like to call and generally don't like to fold pairs. We can't let them say, "Oh...I'm just going to call his reasonable size bets down." If he wants to call with A-high or 66, that's fine...I'm balanced enough that I'll have strong hands here.I just like overbetting in some bluff spots because so many people view the overbet as strong these days. As you said, you're folding anything but a boat. On this particular board and given the action, it's not crazy to polarize a bit.
(sorry you reminded me of something I scribbled down a while back)Firing Three Large BarrelsSometimes you find yourself in the precarious situation that is a 3 barrel bluff. You were the preflop aggressor, and having missed the flop, turn, and river, you bet every street in an attempt to get your opponent to fold his medium strength hand. You have bet between 2/3 - 3/4 pot the whole way, but you are still called all the way down by 88 on a T237J board.Maybe you think to yourself: This guy can look into my soul.Against the medium strength hand and against this kind of smart(?) check caller, you need to Fire Large Barrels. You need to overbet the pot on all streets in order to get all-in by the river. The villain might call the big bet on the flop, but a big bet on the turn is very scary for this particular opponent to see. A larger than pot size turn bet, with the threat of an even larger all-in river bet makes the medium strength hand wet themselves.
finally finished grinding on the day.. i think its my most hands in a day, but i could have easily doubled it. i took several breaks and watched tv or surfed the net when i could have been grinding.5170 hands at 25NL and like +3 buyins... def got coolered alot today, spewed some but overall happy.
Sick.I'd be happy if I could get 5000 on a regular basis in a month.How many tables do you normally play?
(sorry you reminded me of something I scribbled down a while back)Firing Three Large BarrelsSometimes you find yourself in the precarious situation that is a 3 barrel bluff. You were the preflop aggressor, and having missed the flop, turn, and river, you bet every street in an attempt to get your opponent to fold his medium strength hand. You have bet between 2/3 - 3/4 pot the whole way, but you are still called all the way down by 88 on a T237J board.Maybe you think to yourself: This guy can look into my soul.Against the medium strength hand and against this kind of smart(?) check caller, you need to Fire Large Barrels. You need to overbet the pot on all streets in order to get all-in by the river. The villain might call the big bet on the flop, but a big bet on the turn is very scary for this particular opponent to see. A larger than pot size turn bet, with the threat of an even larger all-in river bet makes the medium strength hand wet themselves.
Yeah...I actually do need to get better about finding spots to overbet on the flop/turn. Most of the time, I reserve them for the river unless I'm slightly overbet-shoving the flop/turn.
Sick.I'd be happy if I could get 5000 on a regular basis in a month.How many tables do you normally play?
The key is that he plays rush.. I beleive he 4-6 tables.
4-tabling FR Rush, I can usually get around 1100-1200 hands/hour. Think I've been doing around 70k-80k hands per month for a while now.
very nice volume

Going up to Blackhawk tonight. Gonna grab dinner with some friends then dink around playing BJ/Craps with the gf. Then find the 1/2 Unlimited Poker in the Texas variety tables. gl me.