New Challenge: Movin' On Up

ez gameferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersSB: $31.76 (Hero)BB: $28.51 UTG: $35.58 CO: $24.34 Button: $51.02 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with :D:3h (5 players)UTG folds, CO raises to $0.75, Button folds, Hero calls $0.65, BB raises to $2, CO calls $1.25, Hero calls $1.25Flop: ($6.00) :D:jh:ts (3 players)Hero checks, BB bets $2.85, CO folds, Hero calls $2.85Turn: ($11.70) :D (2 players)Hero bets $5.25, BB raises to $23.66 and is all-in, Hero calls $18.41River: ($59.02) :5c (2 players)Hero showed :D:qh, and won ($57.02) with three of a kind, SixesBB showed :club::4h, and lost with a pair of AcesHero won $57.02(Rake: $2)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

I like leading the turn for a few reasons:1. Balance against regs. I think when we c/c the flop, and then lead turn with big hands, it will make people play the turn straight forwardly against us on future hands.2. It keeps him from pot controlling with a hand like TP.3. It looks pretty FOS to most people when we take this line, so we either get called lightly or induce someone to shove when they're WB.In the end though, when you have a hand like this that should pretty much play itself, there's no reason to limit yourself to playing the hand in a set way. There have been times when I've flopped a set and took a c/c, c/c, crai line. It's also important to not focus so much on winning stacks, but getting max value.

solid play ittFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (3 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($166.95)SB ($25.41)Hero (BB) ($25.77)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :5c, K :heart:Button calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero bets $1, Button calls $0.75, SB calls $0.75Flop: ($3) 6 :D, 4 :3h, 4 :club:(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, Button raises to $5, SB calls $5, Hero foldsTurn: ($14.75) 9 :ts(2 players)SB checks, Button checksRiver: ($14.75) 3 :qh(2 players)SB bets $8, Button calls $8Total pot: $30.75 | Rake: $1Results:Button had 7 :jh, 6 :4h (two pair, sixes and fours).SB had K :D, 4 :D (three of a kind, fours).Outcome: SB won $29.75

In the end though, when you have a hand like this that should pretty much play itself, there's no reason to limit yourself to playing the hand in a set way. There have been times when I've flopped a set and took a c/c, c/c, crai line.
ICWUDT

people call w/the worst hands. I was going to raise the turn hoping to freeroll against an ace but I don't think he ever has an ace for various reasonsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($25)BB ($28.96)UTG ($26.49)MP ($61.39)Hero (CO) ($28.47)Button ($28.15)Preflop: Hero is CO with Q :D, A :club:UTG bets $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, 3 foldsFlop: ($1.85) K :qh, J :ts, Q :4h(2 players)UTG checks, Hero checksTurn: ($1.85) 10 :5c(2 players)UTG bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25River: ($4.35) 8 :jh(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $1.50, UTG calls $1.50Total pot: $7.35 | Rake: $0.36Results:UTG had 4 :D, 4 :D (one pair, fours).Hero had Q :D, A :3h (straight, Ace high).Outcome: Hero won $6.99

February results:Didn't feel like playing much this month. I haven't played a session of 6max cash since the 9th or so and before that I didn't play much. 3k hands and lost 4bi zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzPicture3-27.pngMade a tiny bit in rakeback and went 2-0 in $1 HU sngs. -$80 for the month.I actually just watched Real Life Micro No-Limit Grinder episode 1 and I'm thinking about grinding a bit in March.Gonna start playing a bit of 10nl to get my feet wet when I first feel like playing.

Probably going to play a bit tonight but in general it was a good month for me.Was a real swingy month results wise for me but most of my goals were achievedMade move to 25NLMade ~220 for the monthMade iron man again and qualified for the Once a day freeroll or whatever its calledGoals for March - keep making money at 25NL- keep iron man status

February goalWinning month at 50NLkeep iron man ticking over
[x] Winning month at 50NL[x] keep iron man ticking overThere graphs don't seem to be 100% accurate as HEM has missed some hands but here is the good news: Feb11.jpgAnd the bad news:Feb11-EV.jpgLooks like I didn't actually play any better than the last couple of months where I had losing months, I just was a massive luck box this month.Total Poker: $478.9Rake back etc: $139.42= $618.32Hands: 29527 (all at 50NL)March goalsWinning month at 50NL without being a massive luck boxAnother iron man month

For heads up, shouldn't you be calling the river on the 2nd hand at least,unless you have some read? Even the 1st hand, i can't bet fold that river unless i know villain never bluff raises the river....I mean, it's heads up...not that i know..

couple of tight folds thoughts?Haven't played HU NL in a while feral_cow_icon.gifMoooooooooooraaawwwr.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 2 playersButton: $54.25 BB: $49.20 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with 6h.gif7h.gif (2 players)Button raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1Flop: ($3.00) Kc.gif9s.gif8c.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50Turn: ($8.00) 5h.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button checksRiver: ($8.00) Tc.gif (2 players)Hero bets $6.50, Button raises to $18, Hero foldsButton won $20.50(Rake: $0.50)feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 2 playersButton: $49.85 BB: $114.90 (Hero)Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Ah.gif5c.gif (2 players)Button raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1Flop: ($3.00) 3c.gif5h.gif2c.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50Turn: ($8.00) 4c.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $6, Hero calls $6River: ($20.00) 7d.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $12, Hero foldsButton won $19.50(Rake: $0.50)
February results:Didn't feel like playing much this month. I haven't played a session of 6max cash since the 9th or so and before that I didn't play much. 3k hands and lost 4bi zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzPicture3-27.pngMade a tiny bit in rakeback and went 2-0 in $1 HU sngs. -$80 for the month.I actually just watched Real Life Micro No-Limit Grinder episode 1 and I'm thinking about grinding a bit in March.Gonna start playing a bit of 10nl to get my feet wet when I first feel like playing.
Link?
For heads up, shouldn't you be calling the river on the 2nd hand at least,unless you have some read? Even the 1st hand, i can't bet fold that river unless i know villain never bluff raises the river....I mean, it's heads up...not that i know..
In hand 1:I don't expect him to be raising 2 pairs on that river + he checked the turn so it's very unlikely he has a King (that reduces the possible 2 pairs he could have). Don't think he has a set either based on his play (maybe 10s but still unlikely). Most of his hands are str8s and flushes imo.In hand 2:I thought I was chopping most of the time and some times losing to a higher str8. It's kinda close, prolly should have called given the odds but don't think a fold is bad against a nitty player (which he was).EDIT: Villain is playing pretty tight don't think he's capable of bluffing in these spots.

solid pf play ittFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($16.02)Button ($30.61)Hero (SB) ($25.10)BB ($24.52)UTG ($8.75)MP ($24.48)Preflop: Hero is SB with A :club:, K :DUTG bets $0.90, MP calls $0.90, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, MP calls $3.10Flop: ($9.15) 3 :D, A :4h, 4 :5c(2 players)Hero bets $4.20, MP calls $4.20Turn: ($17.55) 5 :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $16.28 (All-In), Hero calls $16.28River: ($50.11) Q :3h(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $50.11 | Rake: $2.50Results:Hero had A :ts, K :D (one pair, Aces).MP had 6 :qh, K :jh (flush, Ace high).Outcome: MP won $47.61

yeah, I might jam turn there a lot bc of the draws and he won't fold an Ax hand.if his AF is kinda high, checking is prob gootlame regardless

February was more of the same. Did well at 25nl, but got crushed at 50nl. The last 2 weeks were spent reviewing hands and trying to plug some leaks, and I've had pretty good results.Fairly confident that within the next month or two, I can become a 50nl reg, as long as I don't run bad.Cash -$6.65MTT -$36.75Bonus $145Total $101.60jy_FwjyBwkJIWdcJJsG5.png

Gonna start playing a bit of 10nl to get my feet wet when I first feel like playing.
What about playing a different game to switch things up? What I find helpful when No Limit gets stale is buying in short to PLO and just donk around a bit. Also I think playing 4-6 tables of PLO, really can help with multi tabling No Limit when you decide to go back.