I think body count and disrupting our daily lives are both goals of terror. Otherwise, they are even dumber than I thought.http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/12/30...phol/index.htmlNigeria and the Netherlands are instituting full body scans for flights to the US. Now, if we can just have a terrorist attempt from every other country, they will have to fall in line. not surprisingly, there is already a vehement reaction from the privacy protectors about the invasive of the body scan calling it tantamount to a strip search.This should be fun.
:club: I am willing to bet that this would be the reaction at the Al Qeda meetings:Terrorist #1: So I got our operative to board a plane with bomb soaked underwear.Leadership representative: And did it go off, killing everyone on board and striking fear in the hearts of teh Great Satan?T1: Not exactly. But we had some real success.LR: Did most of the people in the plane die from smoke inhalation?T1: Not exactly, in fact no one died.LR: What about the suicide bomber, surely he died?T1: No, he just suffered a serious crotch rash and burned the pubic hairs off his balls.LR: Then what success are you talking about?T1: Well, now when those infidels want to travel on an airplane, the lines at the security screening will be much longer! Praise Allah!LR: Looks like we have our next candidate for : Who wants to be a suicide bomber?
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:club: I am willing to bet that this would be the reaction at the Al Qeda meetings:Terrorist #1: So I got our operative to board a plane with bomb soaked underwear.Leadership representative: And did it go off, killing everyone on board and striking fear in the hearts of teh Great Satan?T1: Not exactly. But we had some real success.LR: Did most of the people in the plane die from smoke inhalation?T1: Not exactly, in fact no one died.LR: What about the suicide bomber, surely he died?T1: No, he just suffered a serious crotch rash and burned the pubic hairs off his balls.LR: Then what success are you talking about?T1: Well, now when those infidels want to travel on an airplane, the lines at the security screening will be much longer! Praise Allah!LR: Looks like we have our next candidate for : Who wants to be a suicide bomber?
come on, this is narrow minded. Bin Laden was obviously thrilled, that bastard, that 9-11 killed so many people and destroyed buildings. Him and his cronies were probably more thrilled that 9-11 eventually caused such divisions in the American people over how to respond to the threat and provoked us to start a war in Iraq for no apparent reason. Terrorism is about more than the bodycount....it is about keeping a populace on edge and goading them into bad decisions.....and that extends to what we have to deal with at the airport as well as many other things.

pretty sure what the terrorists really wanted was for a bunch of people to argue on a poker forum about the nuances of the presidents response time to an attempt at terrorism.AND NOW THEY'VE WON.

pretty sure what the terrorists really wanted was for a bunch of people to argue on a poker forum about the nuances of the presidents response time to an attempt at terrorism.AND NOW THEY'VE WON.
We are playing right into their hands.....
I think this is pretty accurate, but maybe more like: T1: I told you that powder was just going to fizzle. T2: Yeah, I guess you were right. But these idiots are freaking out anyways even though we only burned our own crotch!T1: Bahahaha! I know. Pussies. <high five>T2: Burka burka!
I think this is pretty accurate, but maybe more like: T1: I told you that powder was just going to fizzle. T2: Yeah, I guess you were right. But these idiots are freaking out anyways even though we only burned our own crotch!T1: Bahahaha! I know. Pussies. <high five>T2: Burka burka!
I like this conversation method of analyzing the problems. If we look at the earlier discussion on why they are attacking us, there seems to be two competing theories, the "they hate our freedoms" theory, and the "they hate our being over there" theory.Keeping in mind that their primary method of attack seems to be suicide bombings, here are the recruiting meetings with an angry, confused teen:------------------Leader: You must join us, to stomp the American infidels.Recruit: Why?L: Because they have freedoms! When they turn 18, many of their young men drink alcohol and go to strip clubs. They are allowed to speak their mind. They can read what they want. Many of their men have sex with different women every night. We must crush them!R: Is there a way to sign up for their side?-----------------------Leader: You must join us, to stomp the American infidels. Recruit: Why?L: Because they are bombing us and trying to destroy our religion. They have military bases on our sacred land, and continue to pursue our leaders. They regularly kill our wives and children, and prevent us from having nice things.R: Where do I sign?

Obama really is dropping the ball on this whole underwear bomber thing. I'm stunned and saddened that he didn't come out right away and comfort the country in our obvious time of mourning.What is he actually doing about the situation? I mean, besides being perfectly honest about the situation, admitting that the government had plenty of signs that this guy was a known risk, being transparent about that evidence, meeting with his national security team, receiving several briefs on the situation, and preparing to alter the rules to prevent this sort of attack from happening again or this sort of person from falling through the cracks.

Obama really is dropping the ball on this whole underwear bomber thing. I'm stunned and saddened that he didn't come out right away and comfort the country in our obvious time of mourning.What is he actually doing about the situation? I mean, besides being perfectly honest about the situation, admitting that the government had plenty of signs that this guy was a known risk, being transparent about that evidence, meeting with his national security team, receiving several briefs on the situation, and preparing to alter the rules to prevent this sort of attack from happening again or this sort of person from falling through the cracks.
He should be blowing some shit up dammit.
So far I can give him nothing but props for his handling the situation (no matter how much that pains me.)
So far I can give him nothing but props for his handling the situation (no matter how much that pains me.)
It shouldn't pain you. We should be happy that he may improve safety in this country. Whether or not something meaningful will actually come out is of course unsure, but it's certainly possible at this point.We can be completely against the president in one area (health care, say) and support the president in other areas (Afghanistan, national security, etc). That's fine. Having complex feelings about the President is a byproduct of being a smart person.
It shouldn't pain you. We should be happy that he may improve safety in this country. Whether or not something meaningful will actually come out is of course unsure, but it's certainly possible at this point.We can be completely against the president in one area (health care, say) and support the president in other areas (Afghanistan, national security, etc). That's fine. Having complex feelings about the President is a byproduct of being a smart person.
Lighten up a little man. That was a joke.
Lighten up a little man. That was a joke.
Sorry, that wasn't meant to be condescending, it was meant to be a compliment. I tried to call you smart, I think...

The intelligence community knew that this was going to happen, and obama let it happen so that we would have a reason to invade Nigeria for oil for all of obama's super rich friends. Thats all this is about.

HURRR??/ DEMOCRAT BAD REPUBLICAN SMASH!!!!1!!11ONE

Two points regarding the whole vacation and time-of-response thing: no one -- not the press, not Democrats, and certainly not fellow Republicans -- criticized Bush for taking a week to respond to Reid. So all the criticism of Obama now is pure partisanship. There is zero real concern about leadership here. It's nothing but one more example of giving your own party a pass on what you hate the other party for doing, and both sidea are guilty.Secondly, and more important, it's a perfect example of how impossibly shallow and self-echoing so-called "media analysis" is. All the paid yakkers, right and left, create "controversy" just so they can talk about it. Media frenzies justify their very existence and can never be allowed to cease. If a legitimate media frenzy (if there is such a thing) ceases, then an imaginary one must be created, because the yakkers have multi-million dollar contracts to yak. The monster must be fed.Or consider what Ted Koppel once said: "We exist to make money. We exist to put commercials on the air. The programming that is put on between those commercials is simply the bait we put in the mousetrap."Step away from media for a few weeks. Read headlines only to make sure the world isn't ending and a blizzard / earthquake isn't heading for your house, and don't spend time on political sites. It won't take long before you realize how ridiculous and inconsequential all the yakking is.And seriously, after seven pages of debate, how can it be that no one has pointed out that "underwear bomber" sounds like some kind of awful euphemism?

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be condescending, it was meant to be a compliment. I tried to call you smart, I think...
Good luck with that.
We can be completely against the president in one area (health care, say) and support the president in other areas (Afghanistan, national security, etc).
That's crazy talk.
The intelligence community knew that this was going to happen, and obama let it happen so that we would have a reason to invade Nigeria for oil for all of obama's super rich friends. Thats all this is about.
Further proof that Obama planned 9/11 and made it look like a secret conspiracy by Bush by not leaving any evidence of a secret conspiracy, thereby throwing suspicion off of Obama.
We are pissing them off by putting troops in countries they consider sacred, and by backing their enemies. It's called "blowback", and the military has been warning about it for decades before 9/11. So yeah, we should get out of the mideast completely, and tell them "you guys have been fighting for a century, and it's clear you won't stop until you are all dead, so go at it. We will be making really good computers and drinking expensive coffee and wearing designer shoes. Have fun in your caves. Oh, and by the way, if you mess with us, your entire country will be a glowing ember by morning."Then we leave and let them kill themselves until they've decided they've had enough.Al Qeda was quite specific about why they attacked us and continue to plan attacks against us. It's not really that difficult to figure it out, because all we have to do is listen to the people who did it, but politicians would rather look like they are doing something, even if that something is making the situation worse.
Wow, now I remember why I never venture into this part of town. This can't be serious can it? Are you channeling an action movie or something? I mean i've read it 3 times and don't know whether to laugh or drink drano.