Wow, now I remember why I never venture into this part of town. This can't be serious can it? Are you channeling an action movie or something? I mean i've read it 3 times and don't know whether to laugh or drink drano.
The Nationalist solution as posted by hblask is correct. What aspect of it do you disagree with?
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two points regarding the whole vacation and time-of-response thing: no one -- not the press, not Democrats, and certainly not fellow Republicans -- criticized Bush for taking a week to respond to Reid. So all the criticism of Obama now is pure partisanship. There is zero real concern about leadership here. It's nothing but one more example of giving your own party a pass on what you hate the other party for doing, and both sidea are guilty.Secondly, and more important, it's a perfect example of how impossibly shallow and self-echoing so-called "media analysis" is. All the paid yakkers, right and left, create "controversy" just so they can talk about it. Media frenzies justify their very existence and can never be allowed to cease. If a legitimate media frenzy (if there is such a thing) ceases, then an imaginary one must be created, because the yakkers have multi-million dollar contracts to yak. The monster must be fed.Or consider what Ted Koppel once said: "We exist to make money. We exist to put commercials on the air. The programming that is put on between those commercials is simply the bait we put in the mousetrap."Step away from media for a few weeks. Read headlines only to make sure the world isn't ending and a blizzard / earthquake isn't heading for your house, and don't spend time on political sites. It won't take long before you realize how ridiculous and inconsequential all the yakking is.And seriously, after seven pages of debate, how can it be that no one has pointed out that "underwear bomber" sounds like some kind of awful euphemism?
I am kind of flabbergasted...if you can be kind of flabbergasted that you really are getting upset at the right's attack on Obama's failed leadership. Other than here in this thread, I haven't heard anyone else talk about it. Seems kind of weak to try to make us seem irrationally angry about something that we are not than try to call us lame for being mad, when we're not.We hate Obama because he's a liberal idiot, not because he doesn't wand people at the airport.
Wow, now I remember why I never venture into this part of town. This can't be serious can it? Are you channeling an action movie or something? I mean i've read it 3 times and don't know whether to laugh or drink drano.
I'm curious if you have some specific objection, or you are just so ideological that you've never thought about it before.What, specifically, do you disagree with?
I am kind of flabbergasted...if you can be kind of flabbergasted that you really are getting upset at the right's attack on Obama's failed leadership. Other than here in this thread, I haven't heard anyone else talk about it. Seems kind of weak to try to make us seem irrationally angry about something that we are not than try to call us lame for being mad, when we're not.We hate Obama because he's a liberal idiot, not because he doesn't wand people at the airport.
of course it's not regular people talking about it. It's politicians because this is what they do. Both Cheneys (Dick and Liz) have already done interviews blasting him and a Michigan congressman ® sent out a fundraising letter blaming Obama for the attack. And, of course it has been all over Fox News (and all over MSNBC blasting Fox News for bringing it up). Then, you get 'Obama waited 3 days!'.....'oh yeah, well Bush waited 6 days to comment on the shoe bomber guy!' (and these people obviously picked these stats up from the media).I am taking a year off of politics. I will only be in here to attempt to make jokes and point out that a very cold winter does not disprove climate change or global warming.
of course it's not regular people talking about it. It's politicians because this is what they do. Both Cheneys (Dick and Liz) have already done interviews blasting him and a Michigan congressman ® sent out a fundraising letter blaming Obama for the attack. And, of course it has been all over Fox News (and all over MSNBC blasting Fox News for bringing it up). Then, you get 'Obama waited 3 days!'.....'oh yeah, well Bush waited 6 days to comment on the shoe bomber guy!' (and these people obviously picked these stats up from the media).I am taking a year off of politics. I will only be in here to attempt to make jokes and point out that a very cold winter does not disprove climate change or global warming.
^^^This^^^ was my point exactly. I'm not upset in the least at how long anyone took to respond to anything. I'm annoyed that the professional windbags can waste so much time on something so shallow.My mother used to have one of those delightfully "off" Southern lines that always flummoxes a child: when we weren't paying attention, she'd say, "Pay attention! You think I'm talking to hear my head roar?"In the case of Rush, O'Reilly, Olbermann, Matthews, Coulter, et al, I do believe the correct answer is yes, they are all just talking to hear their heads roar.
In the case of Rush, O'Reilly, Olbermann, Matthews, Coulter, et al, I do believe the correct answer is yes, they are all just talking to make millions of dollars.
FYP
FYP
True. But to make the world better, to foster intelligent debate, to educate and inform viewers? Hell, no.
True. But to make the world better, to foster intelligent debate, to educate and inform viewers? Hell, no.
It is funny that the left wants intelligent debate but was not interested in it during 8 years of GWB
sigh
I know...Bush lied to us, only invaded Iraq to impress his daddy, invaded Iraq for the oil, was AWOL from the service, used his daddy's influence to get him stateside duty, was a drunk, invaded Iraq to make his rich oil friends richer, stole the election, AND let Cheney run the country so he could torture thousands hundreds tens 4 2 people with water boarding!How can you have intelligent debate with anyone that would vote for him?
It is funny that the left wants intelligent debate but was not interested in it during 8 years of GWB
:club::ts
:club::ts
I know, imagine him putting 'the left' AND 'intelligent debate' in the SAME SENTENCE!!!!What next?Putting the words Obama and Experience in the same paragraph??? :4h
I'm curious if you have some specific objection, or you are just so ideological that you've never thought about it before.What, specifically, do you disagree with?
Well all of it and I will be more specific when I get time, but let's just start with the fact that you have no problem sending women and children to live in caves and starve them to death so that you can go to your right wing church in your designer clothes and feel superior because you have a different ethnicity and was born under a different colored flag than them.
Well all of it and I will be more specific when I get time, but let's just start with the fact that you have no problem sending women and children to live in caves and starve them to death so that you can go to your right wing church in your designer clothes and feel superior because you have a different ethnicity and was born under a different colored flag than them.
(going to make popcorn)
True. But to make the world better, to foster intelligent debate, to educate and inform viewers? Hell, yes.
FYP
Bad troll attempt. Try to be more funny next time...
I think nobody would've had any problem if we had bombed Afghanistan into oblivion on 9/12.I'm not saying nobody would dislike us, but people don't bomb you for NOT meddling in their affairs. They might wish you had helped, but nobody attacks you for it.At this point, withdrawing from the middle east is probably not so much a good solution as the least terrible solution. If we had never gone there in the first place, that would've been a good solution. Now, we've pitted people against each other and made the balance of power heavily dependent on our backing. That's a terrible situation for us to be in, because ANY move we make will irritate someone. So now we have to ask ourselves if we want to keep spending trillions of dollars killing people over there and irritating people for all eternity, or whether we want to get out and piss off people for the next decade or two until they get used to the fact that we aren't going to help them with their suicidal stupidity anymore. There is no way Al Qeda would waste any more money bothering us if we didn't have troops in the mideast. And that's not appeasement of Al Qeda, that's just sensible policy that we should've been following all along.
HOly crap, I can't wait until I get some time to address this. Yikes!
I know...Bush lied to us, only invaded Iraq to impress his daddy, invaded Iraq for the oil, was AWOL from the service, used his daddy's influence to get him stateside duty, was a drunk, invaded Iraq to make his rich oil friends richer, stole the election, AND let Cheney run the country so he could torture thousands hundreds tens 4 2 people with water boarding!How can you have intelligent debate with anyone that would vote for him?
Cant believe you left out his involvement in 9/11. Most of us left of obama knows he had the buildings wired to collapse after his buds flew into them.
We are pissing them off by putting troops in countries they consider sacred, and by backing their enemies. It's called "blowback", and the military has been warning about it for decades before 9/11. So yeah, we should get out of the mideast completely, and tell them "you guys have been fighting for a century, and it's clear you won't stop until you are all dead, so go at it. We will be making really good computers and drinking expensive coffee and wearing designer shoes. Have fun in your caves. Oh, and by the way, if you mess with us, your entire country will be a glowing ember by morning."Then we leave and let them kill themselves until they've decided they've had enough.Al Qeda was quite specific about why they attacked us and continue to plan attacks against us. It's not really that difficult to figure it out, because all we have to do is listen to the people who did it, but politicians would rather look like they are doing something, even if that something is making the situation worse.
There is no way Al Qeda would waste any more money bothering us if we didn't have troops in the mideast. And that's not appeasement of Al Qeda, that's just sensible policy that we should've been following all along.
To be fair I haven't read through much of this thread and haven't read any of your political leanings other than a couple posts which made me think I was listening some ol' grandpappy talk about them damn slanteyes, coloreds and spics so excuse me if I am out of line.Rather than take this line by line I'll attempt a short explantion. The majority of the people in these countries you are refering to are poor, uneducated and have had the misfortune of some terrible leaders. The muslim faith does not propose violence and all the hatred that most Americans tend to have bought. The vast majority of the people just want the simple things we do. The ability to support and educate our children. Have a decent paying job and some freedom to pursue a career of their choosing.I took offense to the remark about sending people to their caves because it reminded of the poor people suffering in Afghanistan and that remark along with some of the others is beyond insensitve. In many cases Al Qeda and the Taliban are simply buying children from families that simply can't afford to feed them. These people have been through so many wars and lied to by so many people it's very hard for them to take anyone at face value. What we need there and are finally starting to get right is rebuilding the infrastructure and especially schools. I am a big advocate of educating women because when we do they are huge force in motivating change and will not let their sons go off to "madrassas" run by Al Qeda and the Taliban and turned into human bombs.To imply that Al Qeda would simply leave us alone if we were to leave their is nothing short of ridiculous. The Saudis can't pour enough money into building schools their since it is a natural training ground for terrorism. The can prey on the poor and uneducated without sending their own children to be weapons. We are finally getting that to win isn't through bombing them, (though we have to in the mean time for their defense) but through education and the hope lies in their future generations.Gen McChrystal (sp sorry) is one that really gets it. He has a small mosque set up in his camp and invites many of the tribal leaders (the real power) and helps them get rid of the Taliban whom they don't want there. He helps them set up schools and infrastructure as I've mentioned and ultimately wins allies. He does it by respecting their culture and homeland.Their are many areas of Afghanistan that are really winning this battle though we don't hear much about it. An area of Eastern Afghanistan (I can't spell and will look up later if asked) was bombed the other day. The reason is that the people have quit growing poppy, production is down 95% and are growing normal crops. This is what farmers want. They have seen the destruction opium has done to people first hand and gladly switch as long they won't get killed for doing it.To think or even say that by pulling out and letting them "all kill each other" is vastly short-sighted. Threatening them with nuclear devastation is beyond anything a responsible leader should even consider. Leaving them to "kill themselves" as you say, simply shows you have no idea of the actual people or dynamics that are actually going on there.Hopefully our leaders and the future leaders will be sensitive, open and strong about dealing with the very real people and their problems. Educating the children is our best hope for a future without war and hatred.