Was the explosion that they were going to set off a full on nuclear explosion, or was it just the detonation core? I can't remember exactly? I think they just used the core, which would have only blown up the area around the swan station.
I think it was supposed to interact somehow with the huge pocket of magnetic whatever-it-is that they detonated on top of.
  • Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the last 2 or 3 seasons because I was busy the night of the show, and haven't gotten around to watching it on Hulu yet.I thought the recap episode would have helped, I think it just made things worse lol. I was still entertained by the new show though. One retarded question, are there 2 different realities going on? With everyone on the island and the scenes with everyone on the plane when the plane didn't crash. Or was the sequence where the plane didn't crash some kind of weird flashback as to what could have happened?

I missed the last 2 or 3 seasons because I was busy the night of the show, and haven't gotten around to watching it on Hulu yet.I thought the recap episode would have helped, I think it just made things worse lol. I was still entertained by the new show though. One retarded question, are there 2 different realities going on? With everyone on the island and the scenes with everyone on the plane when the plane didn't crash. Or was the sequence where the plane didn't crash some kind of weird flashback as to what could have happened?
Yeah, it appears, at least for now, that the "flashbacks" in this seasons will actually be "flashparallels" into a parallel reality. So, the survivors, upon blowing up the bomb, were both thrust into the present (2007 or whenever) with evil Locke and Ben and such, and were also thrust into the past (2003 or whenever) when they first went on the plane. Somehow Juliette may have been quasi aware of this when she said, "It worked." But it's hard to know.Also, Desmond somehow seems to transcend the parallel reality (which sort of goes with the idea that he somehow has always transcended parallel realities. He always remembered things when he attempted to change the future.) Again, it's all pretty unclear at this point.

I'm pretty sure my biggest aversion to the Asian guy in the temple is that, for some reason, I immediately associated him with Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat and now I can't get that connection out of my head.

thought it was odd that the lead-in review show referred to jacob as "spiritual". so did jacob inhabit sayid's dead body?
The gods haven't inhabited dead bodies before on the show. I think the Man in Black (Smoke Monster) can become anyone whose body is on the island. He doesn't actually possess dead bodies, though. I don't know if Jacob has this ability. He's the healer. That seems to be his power.Unless you're saying this is a new trick, that Jacob's being spontaneous and trying something new. The ladies do love spontaneity, so look for Kate and Sayeed/Jacob to get it on soon.
in seats that weren't shown
boone said shannon stayed in austrailia. this timeline apparently branched in 1977 so nobodyis required to be on the same flight. presumably the plot won't have walt on the plane eithersince they would have had to use a different actor.
I'm pretty sure my biggest aversion to the Asian guy in the temple is that, for some reason, I immediately associated him with Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat and now I can't get that connection out of my head.
Thank you, I was thinking he looked like someone, this was it.I liked it. I think that the smoke monster wants to go back to the temple, it seems as if he is not allowed in there. Either that, or Jacob was controlling him, and now that he's dead the real "Others" are afraid for their lives.I wonder how they are going to explain the children that were taken from the flight and that lady. What purpose did that server?
Thank you, I was thinking he looked like someone, this was it.
I think he looks like Ras Al Ghul from Batman Begins. And maybe a little like Pai Mei from Kill Bill Vol. 2., with the over-the-top, cartoonish Chinese Ninja Monk thing going on. If I ever make a movie, there will be an Asian guy just like that -- sandals; long white beard; robe; a wisdom that can only be the result of age, reflection, and inner strength; pure, distilled calm combined with a kind of terrible coiled strength like he's on some Buddhist zenlike shit -- and everyone will expect he's a total ****ing ninja master badass. Except he's not. He either gets the crap kicked out of him by a muscle-bound biker, or he has to pull a gun and run away terrified. Because, come on, this guy is old as fuck.
and his assistant/translator guy was a cheap "Apocolypse Now" Dennis Hopper knockoff
Thank you, I was thinking he looked like someone, this was it.I liked it. I think that the smoke monster wants to go back to the temple, it seems as if he is not allowed in there. Either that, or Jacob was controlling him, and now that he's dead the real "Others" are afraid for their lives.I wonder how they are going to explain the children that were taken from the flight and that lady. What purpose did that server?
I think lists are going to prove to be very important. When Master Ling cracked open that ankh, there was a list with the names of Jack, Kate, Sayid and Hurley on it. And remember the list of names ben had when he ended up taking Sawyer Jack and Kate back in season 2ish. When the plane first crashed, Ben sent Goodman and Ethan and told him to bring him back lists.