Random Football Observations

But can't you admit that he's playing well, doing everything they ask him to do, and helping them win games? Even if he'd still be one of the worst QBs in the league if put into a "normal" offense?
i might admit he played well yesterday. but i certainly will not say he played well before that, because he didnt.
Obviously QB rating isn't everything, but it's not far-fetched for him to make the Pro Bowl.
imagine if brady or big ben make the superbowl. so one of them wont play in the game. and its not unrealistic to imagine the other skipping the game because they couldnt give a shit at this point. and with schaub out, it's possible that TIM TEBOW will start the pro bowl for the AFC at QB. and then the world comes to an end.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

Did you even watch the game today? That dude was firing some perfect long-range passes. He looked FAR better than he ever has.Also, how the hell does Iowa get the Insight Bowl against OU? Iowa is a terrible team and they are going to be destroyed. It makes absolutely no sense to ever make a hard schedule for your team in college football. It can only hurt you. The Big 10 is probably the 2nd or 3rd weakest major football conference, and Iowa specifically had a cupcake schedule and still didn't do great.They finished 7-5 and their SOS was #63. Compare that with Iowa State who finished 6-6 and had a SOS of #4. OU is going to win by 20.
You do realize that the Insight Bowl is NOT a good bowl, correct? So to be amazed at how Iowa landed this bowl is pretty silly.I went to the Insight Bowl a couple years ago (only because I was in Phoenix at the time) and watched Iowa State and Minnesota play the most pathetic excuse for a football game I've ever seen in my life. It's not a bowl you are proud of going to. I realize for Iowa State fans, playing in the Insight bowl must be like playing in a BCS game, but to teams like Oklahoma, and even Iowa, the Insight Bowl is a garbage bowl. It's where you go when you don't have a good season. The problem here is that you have two teams that aren't on the same level, but you don't really have anywhere else to put them based on where they finished in their conferences. Oklahoma is too good for this bowl, but you can't argue they deserve a better bowl considering how the second half of their season went. Who could you move Oklahoma ahead of? Iowa is not a good team at all this season, but beat enough quality opponents and finished high enough in the conference to be the no brainer selection for this bowl. If not Iowa, who else are you putting here from the Big10? Also, bowl selections take into account other aspects of programs as well. Obviously the bowls have to fulfill their obligation to pick from certain conferences, but if they are deciding between two teams from the same conference that are equally deserving, they look at other factors. Iowa travels very well, which means selling more tickets. Iowa has also done very well in bowl games in recent years, playing against big time schools. LSU, Texas, Florida, etc.I'm still kind of confused and annoyed that you don't understand how Iowa is a logical pick for this bowl. I'm not saying that this matchup is ideal or that the game will even be close, but if you are going to make the argument that this bowl is stupid based on the teams that are in it not being on the same level, stop and realize that this isn't a good bowl by any means and that your argument should be directed at Oklahoma needing to be in a better bowl versus your argument that Iowa shouldn't draw the freakin Insight Bowl.
I would if I had access to them. I was excited to see them go for the tie at the end of regulation after my regional game was over, but then I didn't even get to see the OT.
No one saw the OT.
how sorry is the state of quarterbacking if he is a serious candidate for the pro bowl?
Who else is after Rapeingburger and Brady?
You do realize that the Insight Bowl is NOT a good bowl, correct? So to be amazed at how Iowa landed this bowl is pretty silly.I went to the Insight Bowl a couple years ago (only because I was in Phoenix at the time) and watched Iowa State and Minnesota play the most pathetic excuse for a football game I've ever seen in my life. It's not a bowl you are proud of going to. I realize for Iowa State fans, playing in the Insight bowl must be like playing in a BCS game, but to teams like Oklahoma, and even Iowa, the Insight Bowl is a garbage bowl. It's where you go when you don't have a good season. The problem here is that you have two teams that aren't on the same level, but you don't really have anywhere else to put them based on where they finished in their conferences. Oklahoma is too good for this bowl, but you can't argue they deserve a better bowl considering how the second half of their season went. Who could you move Oklahoma ahead of? Iowa is not a good team at all this season, but beat enough quality opponents and finished high enough in the conference to be the no brainer selection for this bowl. If not Iowa, who else are you putting here from the Big10? Also, bowl selections take into account other aspects of programs as well. Obviously the bowls have to fulfill their obligation to pick from certain conferences, but if they are deciding between two teams from the same conference that are equally deserving, they look at other factors. Iowa travels very well, which means selling more tickets. Iowa has also done very well in bowl games in recent years, playing against big time schools. LSU, Texas, Florida, etc.I'm still kind of confused and annoyed that you don't understand how Iowa is a logical pick for this bowl. I'm not saying that this matchup is ideal or that the game will even be close, but if you are going to make the argument that this bowl is stupid based on the teams that are in it not being on the same level, stop and realize that this isn't a good bowl by any means and that your argument should be directed at Oklahoma needing to be in a better bowl versus your argument that Iowa shouldn't draw the freakin Insight Bowl.
blah blah blah. We beat Iowa, they aren't good. We would beat them again if we played them again. It doesn't matter if the Insight Bowl is a "good" bowl or not, Iowa doesn't deserve anything better than a December 17th bowl, especially not against Oklahoma. Oklahoma fans had to throw up a little bit when they saw who they were playing and where.
has anyone heard an excuse from Jason Garret as to why he called that timeout? i could look, but i'm lazy. so what, wanna fight about it?
Or better yet, why he didn't call it 20 seconds earlier.
blah blah blah. We beat Iowa, they aren't good. We would beat them again if we played them again. It doesn't matter if the Insight Bowl is a "good" bowl or not, Iowa doesn't deserve anything better than a December 17th bowl, especially not against Oklahoma. Oklahoma fans had to throw up a little bit when they saw who they were playing and where.
You beat us in overtime, it's not like you blew us out. This is one of the worst Iowa teams in recent memory so that isn't all that impressive of a feat. However one game does not decide a season for either team and as I stated earlier, Iowa beat enough quality opponents to be the logical pick.You do realize that this bowl picks one team each from the big12 and big10 correct? With that in mind, please (without ignoring the question this time in an attempt to avoid embarrassment) tell me which team you would place in this prestigious bowl game against Oklahoma over Iowa. Should we throw Northwestern in there? Purdue? Illinois? Please share with us your immense college football knowledge and explain to us how the bowl selection committee obviously made this ridiculous mistake that you wouldn't have made because you are a delusional homer for the Cyclowns. Iowa may not be the best team in the nation, but at least I'm not delusional about it nor do I hate on certain teams because my team won't ever be as successful as they have been.
Or better yet, why he didn't call it 20 seconds earlier.
He didn't call it 20 seconds earlier because 20 seconds earlier there was no need for a timeout.He called the timeout when he did because the play clock was winding down (at around 6 seconds I believe when he decided to call it) and he wanted to give the kicking team ample time to properly set up the kick without having to rush. Once again demonstrating your complete lack of knowledge but willingness to share your outstanding opinion and post anyways.
You beat us in overtime, it's not like you blew us out. This is one of the worst Iowa teams in recent memory so that isn't all that impressive of a feat. However one game does not decide a season for either team and as I stated earlier, Iowa beat enough quality opponents to be the logical pick.You do realize that this bowl picks one team each from the big12 and big10 correct? With that in mind, please (without ignoring the question this time in an attempt to avoid embarrassment) tell me which team you would place in this prestigious bowl game against Oklahoma over Iowa. Should we throw Northwestern in there? Purdue? Illinois? Please share with us your immense college football knowledge and explain to us how the bowl selection committee obviously made this ridiculous mistake that you wouldn't have made because you are a delusional homer for the Cyclowns. Iowa may not be the best team in the nation, but at least I'm not delusional about it nor do I hate on certain teams because my team won't ever be as successful as they have been.
I ignored it the first time because I didn't bother reading your post.
He didn't call it 20 seconds earlier because 20 seconds earlier there was no need for a timeout.
haha.
I ignored it the first time because I didn't bother reading your post.
Yeah you seem to make a lot of stupid posts on here without doing your homework first, so that doesn't surprise me. So are you ignoring the points this time because it would just prove my point that you are a rambling idiot who rarely ever knows what he is talking about or is it because you are too busy preparing for Iowa State's epic battle versus Rutgers in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl?
brvy you gonna just take that abuse? gocubsgo just took you to the woodshed. much like nebraska did for the 100 years they played iowa state's worthless team.
Oh Suited. I'll just wait for Iowa to dominate the Sooners and eat my crow.
Oh Suited. I'll just wait for Iowa to dominate the Sooners and eat my crow.
You do realize that would just further prove you are an idiot my point right?And let's not get anything twisted, I don't think Iowa stands a chance, but that was never what this was about.
You do realize that would just further prove you are an idiot my point right?
Oh.