Random Football Observations

With GGW, the first step is to decide if the comment makes sense or is ridiculous. If it's ridiculous, that means he's serious.<------------------------->I used to like Ndamukong Suh until I started paying attention to him more. His post-game comments were absurd. Why don't professional athletes realize that there are things like "replays" that clearly show what you were doing? I would suspend him two games for his actions and another game for his reactions.
very true. i dont know what i mean most times.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

cracks me up how people rip on tebow for not being a pocket strong armed "traditional" QB. the dude wins and that's what counts. why does it matter in what fashion he wins in?

cracks me up how people rip on tebow for not being a pocket strong armed "traditional" QB. the dude wins and that's what counts. why does it matter in what fashion he wins in?
because he has been extraordinarily lucky and doesnt deserve credit for the wins.
because he has been extraordinarily lucky and doesnt deserve credit for the wins.
Did you even watch the game today? That dude was firing some perfect long-range passes. He looked FAR better than he ever has.Also, how the hell does Iowa get the Insight Bowl against OU? Iowa is a terrible team and they are going to be destroyed. It makes absolutely no sense to ever make a hard schedule for your team in college football. It can only hurt you. The Big 10 is probably the 2nd or 3rd weakest major football conference, and Iowa specifically had a cupcake schedule and still didn't do great.They finished 7-5 and their SOS was #63. Compare that with Iowa State who finished 6-6 and had a SOS of #4. OU is going to win by 20.
Did you even watch the game today? That dude was firing some perfect long-range passes. He looked FAR better than he ever has.
no i didnt. but i did say this earlier:
he won't continue to win if he plays this way.
which i based off the analysis in this article.
so if he played better today, then good for him.
so if he played better today, then good for him.
He only had 10 completions but for 202 yards. That's a healthy average. Also, and this must not be overlooked, he has thrown the same amount of interceptions all season than Aaron Rodgers threw today: 1.More college football talk:http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htmSagarin has Iowa State ranked #28 overall with a SOS of #2. He has OU ranked in the top 5 and they are playing IOWA!?!? Iowa is ranked like 50th.
He only had 10 completions but for 202 yards. That's a healthy average. Also, and this must not be overlooked, he has thrown the same amount of interceptions all season than Aaron Rodgers threw today: 1.
good for him. doesnt mean much to me.
More college football talk:http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htmSagarin has Iowa State ranked #28 overall with a SOS of #2. He has OU ranked in the top 5 and they are playing IOWA!?!? Iowa is ranked like 50th.
the whole state of iowa can blow me. nebraska took state to the woodshed for years, now it's iowas turn.
Are you familiar with the concept of " results oriented thinking"?
the whole state of iowa can blow me. nebraska took state to the woodshed for years, now it's iowas turn.
Well, except for last year when you only won by one point because our kicker has a terrible arm, and the year before when you lost to Iowa State in Lincoln. But other than that, I'm sure you're right, I just can't remember that far back. Well except for 2002 and 2004, I remember both of those victories also.
Well, except for last year when you only won by one point because our kicker has a terrible arm, and the year before when you lost to Iowa State in Lincoln. But other than that, I'm sure you're right, I just can't remember that far back. Well except for 2002 and 2004, I remember both of those victories also.
Nebraska's lifetime record against iowa State is 86-17-2. But feel free to be cocky about having a .300 record against Nebraska this past decade.
Nebraska's lifetime record against iowa State is 86-17-2. But feel free to be cocky about having a .300 record against Nebraska this past decade.
I definitely think it's fairly relevant to mention how close the cyclones were to a .500 record since 2002 vs. Nebraska, after hearing someone claim that Nebraska always takes us behind the woodshed.But feel free to be cocky about your record vs. Isu from WW2, since that has anything to do with my point.
I definitely think it's fairly relevant to mention how close the cyclones were to a .500 record since 2002 vs. Nebraska, after hearing someone claim that Nebraska always takes us behind the woodshed.But feel free to be cocky about your record vs. Isu from WW2, since that has anything to do with my point.
If you point was to judge the nebraska-Iowa series on some arbitrary year that strengthens your argument to the strongest possible degree, then let me pick an equally arbitrary year, 1977, the year I was born, to make my own point.1977 L 21-241978 W 23-079 W 34-380 W 35-081 w 31=782 W 48-1083 W 72-29 (LOL!)84 W 44-085 W 49-086 W 35-1487 W 42-388 W 51-1689 W 49-1790 w 45-1391 W 38-1392 L 19-1093 W 49-1794 W 28-1295 W 73-14 (LOL!)96 W 49-1497 W 77-14 (LOL!)98 W 42-799 W 49-1400 W 49-2701 W 48-1402 L 36-1403 W 28-004 L 34-2705 W 27-2006 W 28-1407 W 35 1708 W 35- 709 L 9-710 w 31-30So, over the course of my LIFETIME, Nebraska is 29-5. I'd add up the aggregate score for laughs, but I need to get some sleep. from 1978 to 2001, Nebraska lost to Iowa State exactly once, the only time I ever remember them losing to ISU before the year you arbitrarily ( well.. not so arbitrarily) picked to make your argument as strong as possible. I'm glad you take solace in ALMOST being .500 against nebraska since 2002. For my part, when I think fondly back on the Iowa State-Nebraska rivalry, one phrase comes to my mind to describe ISU... "whipping boy". ISU has been a laughing stock my entire life and no husker fan takes them seriously, and an "almost .500" record since 2002 isn't going to change the way I or any other husker fan regard your program, historically or currently. I have no doubt Iowa will perform better against the huskers in the second half of my life than ISU did in the first half, if only because it would be very difficult to perform worse.
Are you familiar with the concept of " results oriented thinking"?
how long does it take to go from results oriented to proven? the dude has won at every level and wins games.
how long does it take to go from results oriented to proven? the dude has won at every level and wins games.
Honestly, the "he just wins" thing is idiotic. Talk about how he makes good decisions, doesn't turn the ball over, is a good runner, has been throwing the ball better, etc. But "he just wins" is not an argument. The TEAM has won. The defense (aside from yesterday) has been incredible. The running game has been great due to the offensive line and running backs. The coaching has been phenomenal. HE doesn't win. They win, and he does have something to do with it, but really they're winning in spite of him shortcomings, using his strengths, which is smart football. Run, run, run, and pass when the defense finally decides to stack everyone against the run. It's working...but not because Tebow is a great quarterback. Though he has certainly been very solid for what they've asked him to do.
I look forward to the Tebow Game of the Week more than any other game on the schedule.
Agreed.Suited: Tebow's completed 67% of his passes yesterday and had a 149.3 QB rating.
I look forward to the Tebow Game of the Week more than any other game on the schedule.
I would if I had access to them. I was excited to see them go for the tie at the end of regulation after my regional game was over, but then I didn't even get to see the OT.

But can't you admit that he's playing well, doing everything they ask him to do, and helping them win games? Even if he'd still be one of the worst QBs in the league if put into a "normal" offense?

how sorry is the state of quarterbacking if he is a serious candidate for the pro bowl?
Tom Brady - 105.9Matt Schaub (injured) - 96.8Ben Roethlisberger - 93.6Tim Tebow - 87.9Matt Moore - 87.6Ryan Fitzpatrick - 85.8Jason Campbell (injured) - 84.2Matt Hasselbeck - 82.9Andy Dalton - 81.6Mark Sanchez - 81.1Phillip Rivers - 80.8Joe Flacco - 78.3Matt Cassell (injured) - 76.6Curtis Painter - 66.6Blaine Gabbert - 62.2Obviously QB rating isn't everything, but it's not far-fetched for him to make the Pro Bowl.Edit: For funsies, Aaron Rodgers - 125.3. FFS.2nd Edit: After completing my research I cast one vote for Tim Tebow.