Anybody watch the premiere last night? Apparently well received by the critics. I thought it was decent, earned at least a view next week to see how it starts to take shape. I heard it being compared to "Lost", but I never watched that show so I can't say if it was similar.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eff this show. Saying Kobe is going to tear up his knee. This is just like Lost, they're never going to tell you anything, they'll keep stringing it along as long as the morons are still watching.I really hope the Lakers don't play on April 29.
You are aware Lost's last season is next year?
Eff this show. Saying Kobe is going to tear up his knee. This is just like Lost, they're never going to tell you anything, they'll keep stringing it along as long as the morons are still watching.I really hope the Lakers don't play on April 29.
I have been rewatching Lost from the beginning since they are all on hulu, they have answered actually quite a bit.

I have at least a passing interest in the show. Seems like there could be some potential. I do have a similar concern to Poppy's which was exacerbated when, in the preview for next week, the announcer says "Next week, more answers...." In my experience, when a show teases "answers" it means they're going to give an answer to a rather insignificant question and/or the "answer" is going to raise more questions than it resolves.

I have at least a passing interest in the show. Seems like there could be some potential. I do have a similar concern to Poppy's which was exacerbated when, in the preview for next week, the announcer says "Next week, more answers...." In my experience, when a show teases "answers" it means they're going to give an answer to a rather insignificant question and/or the "answer" is going to raise more questions than it resolves.
Which is a good thing because that means we will be interested and want to keep watching rather than having conclusions in episode 2 of a show that hopefully takes a few seasons to tell, like lost.This show is going to be VERY good.
Which is a good thing because that means we will be interested and want to keep watching rather than having conclusions in episode 2 of a show that hopefully takes a few seasons to tell, like lost.
Lost is going on what, season 6... and there is still unexplained shit from season 1 & 2, it's why I quit watching. Lost is way overrated.
Lost is going on what, season 6... and there is still unexplained shit from season 1 & 2, it's why I quit watching. Lost is way overrated.
I am all the way through season 2 and I can't honestly think of anything that I saw that doesn't NOW make sense to me to be quite honest. I thought I had many more questions but now going through it, I am amazed at how much has been answered and seeing all the set ups for the later seasons.

One thing I didn't like was in the last 15 minutes or so, it started to feel forced, like they were trying to squeeze too much in to the last moments of the show. Really did the daughter NEED to have the friendship bracelet made instantly? Did we need to find out the identity of the wife's mystery man?? Other than that I thought it was really good.

I am all the way through season 2 and I can't honestly think of anything that I saw that doesn't NOW make sense to me to be quite honest. I thought I had many more questions but now going through it, I am amazed at how much has been answered and seeing all the set ups for the later seasons.
Smoke monster.

This show is based on a book by Robert Sawyer, called, you guessed it, Flash Forward. Great book. Not sure if the show will go the same direction as the book or not, but at least there is a place for some answers already.Similar author style to Michael Chrichton

Smoke monster.
And yet, I don't know anybody who currently watches LOST that is annoyed by a lack of an explanation. To be honest, I don't even think the smoke monster needs that much more explaining.On-topic: This show looks pretty interesting, but I forgot to set my DVR so I missed it. I'm sure it's online somewhere.
You really think they arent going to get to this in season 6?
They have had 3 seasons to get to it and haven't, so I'm willing to bet it's completely slipped the writers minds. If they do explain feel free to let me know because I'm not going to bother watching it.
On-topic: This show looks pretty interesting, but I forgot to set my DVR so I missed it. I'm sure it's online somewhere.
They're replaying it tonight at 8pm. I might catch it at 11 on the west channels.

Please leave Lost out of this thread. Go babble in the Lost thread. I think the only correlation the teasers made with Lost was "From the NETWORK that brought you lost"I loved this show last night. Thought it was great. Which basically means it will be canceled in 5 episodes with my history concerning new shows.My jaw dropped when they showed the one dude at the ballgame who was awake during the blackout. Awesome little teaser.

One thing I didn't like was in the last 15 minutes or so, it started to feel forced, like they were trying to squeeze too much in to the last moments of the show. Really did the daughter NEED to have the friendship bracelet made instantly? Did we need to find out the identity of the wife's mystery man??
I understand that they have to pack enough into the pilot to get ratings, but I agree with this. It seems like there was a lot thrown into the whole episode that they could have stretched a bit more throughout a season. Still, it was definitely intriguing enough for me to watch again. One thing I really didn't like with the replay tonight (not sure if they did it last night since I only saw the first 20 minutes or so) was the "reminders" at each commercial break to remember certain parts of the episode. If certain details are going to be important later on, the impact of their importance is severely diminished if we have ABC reminding us to take note of them.
One thing I really didn't like with the replay tonight (not sure if they did it last night since I only saw the first 20 minutes or so) was the "reminders" at each commercial break to remember certain parts of the episode. If certain details are going to be important later on, the impact of their importance is severely diminished if we have ABC reminding us to take note of them.
I don't remember them doing this last night.... they do that shit with Lost re-runs also.
Me too at first... but then I was like... he kinda fits into a supporting role in a show, and he did a pretty good job. I like it.
Yeah, he did just fine. Anybody else in that role and I wouldn't give it a second thought. But as soon as I recognized him, I couldn't stop thinking about all the voices he does on Family Guy. Basically, what I'm saying is if his character becomes important I'll expect him to deliver a line as Stewie at some point.