you know you're playing a fish when he says...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BB: lucky prickBB: had u crushed the whole way
i'm fond of you; so I'll be kind.you post that in strategy and we'll rip you a new one for min raising like that. Get more $$$ in the pot. Also, protect your hand against two pair/sets. Make more $$$and, I think BB misread your hand, not realizing you flopped nuts
i'm fond of you; so I'll be kind.you post that in strategy and we'll rip you a new one for min raising like that. Get more $$$ in the pot. Also, protect your hand against two pair/sets. Make more $$$and, I think BB misread your hand, not realizing you flopped nuts
And I am fond of you, so I will be kind...It was limit Actuary. :club: You're still cool though.
on PP you raise 4x the BB with A-A , you get re raised ,you re raise him and he goes all in, you call and he turns over j-9 suited....he types "i thought i could force you to fold".
...one of the worst ones here. Considering a 4th raise will be AA/KK 98% of the time, maybe h thought youd muck AK or QQ, maybe even KKit woulda been funnier if you went allin and he called and said that
"I didn't wanna be blinded off"After pushing allin for 2.5 million preflop with Q3o when blinds were 60k/120k with a 20k ante.
lolis that what he said?I saw the showdown but had volume down.makes you wonder how they ever get that farfatigue had to be the excuse
lolis that what he said?I saw the showdown but had volume down.makes you wonder how they ever get that farfatigue had to be the excuse
not fatigue, he was on tilt after losing a coinflip

When the fish claims you put a bad beat on him when he was never a favorite to win the hand, which happened to me.I had As 4s on the button NLHE MTT. It was folded to me and I raise to try and steal the blinds and antes. Both the blinds call. Flop was 9s 10c Js. Checked to me, so I make the continuation bet. Small blind calls. Turn was the Qs. Small blind bets, I raise, and small blind calls. River is the 2s, which I thought was bad for me as it would kill the action if the other guy doesn't have a spade. Small blind checks, I bet, and the small blind raises me all-in. I call as fast as I can. I win, the small blind show Kc 6d.Then, the small blinds starts saying how he hates when someone puts a bad beat on him. EXCUSE ME. I started laying into this guy. I first point out that he was at no point a favorite. I also point out that he is saying that I got lucky by hitting a flush while he had to hit an inside str8 to make his hand. Then I point out that there were four spades on the board, so if he thought his one card str8 was good in that spot then he would lose the rest of his chips in short order.He went on tilt. He told me to shut up and then typed shut up about a dozen times in a row. I just start laughing and move on to the next hand.

When the fish claims you put a bad beat on him when he was never a favorite to win the hand, which happened to me.I had As 4s on the button NLHE MTT. It was folded to me and I raise to try and steal the blinds and antes. Both the blinds call. Flop was 9s 10c Js. Checked to me, so I make the continuation bet. Small blind calls. Turn was the Qs. Small blind bets, I raise, and small blind calls. River is the 2s, which I thought was bad for me as it would kill the action if the other guy doesn't have a spade. Small blind checks, I bet, and the small blind raises me all-in. I call as fast as I can. I win, the small blind show Kc 6d.Then, the small blinds starts saying how he hates when someone puts a bad beat on him. EXCUSE ME. I started laying into this guy. I first point out that he was at no point a favorite. I also point out that he is saying that I got lucky by hitting a flush while he had to hit an inside str8 to make his hand. Then I point out that there were four spades on the board, so if he thought his one card str8 was good in that spot then he would lose the rest of his chips in short order.He went on tilt. He told me to shut up and then typed shut up about a dozen times in a row. I just start laughing and move on to the next hand.
This story was priceless...I have one suggestion for next time...I would caution you about trying to "educate" this player by responding to his complaints. Next time this happens to you, don't defend your actions --simply do what I do: reply with one of the following (your choice):1) I got lucky2) I had a good feeling about this hand, so I HAD to see the river3) Sorry man, tough beat4) It's my lucky hand: I always play itIf you're really lucky, your opponent is a fellow FCP'er and will inevitably post the hand (and your comments) in this thread. Then we can all laugh alongside you at his expense.(It's always better to make the fish think *he* is the better player, and *you* are the lucky fish who outdrew him. Then he will not learn from his mistakes, and if you're lucky, may even go on tilt from his bad play)Happy fishing!Cheers,Merby

When your on the button raising an unraised pot with suited connectos and he smooth calles with pocket tens. You hit tyour dream flop, hey miss and push all in with tens, you call and show him the news. The fish over and over all nightkeeps repeating, "you raised with 7-6 suited?".

So I've been playing tournaments, trying to work on being tight aggressive, folding almost all the hands, raising every time I do play, all that good stuff.Guy says "FU" every time I raise his blind. I poke at him saying "Why are you so mad?" Guy I knocked out a hand before said "Well, the raise or fold thing does get annoying."Meanwhile he had just raised me with TP/WK and got busted by my set...

folded to me on button with T8o, I raise 4xBB to 200. SB calls.Flop is TT2, SB pushes allin for 2000, I only have 1000 left so I call. SB shows JJ, my hand holds up"I put him on A2"

When he loses a race with AK against pocket deuces and won't shut up about it. "Ducks! Jeez!" Hello, you're going to lose half the time in that situation.
well, if ducks called his push, then under most circumstances, he might just be flustered at the bad call, not so much the coin flip result
well, if ducks called his push, then under most circumstances, he might just be flustered at the bad call, not so much the coin flip result
yea plus losing that race is always annoyingalso losing qq to ak is annoying too