Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

I've started a little basketball betting experiment.We all know how teams who are on the second half of back to backs when they are playing a team that didn't play the night before seem to do badly especially when they are on the road so I'm betting the point spread against them for all games where a team is on the second half of a back to back and is playing a rested team.Last night for example the Kings were +1 vs the Nuggets and GS were +5.5 vs the Lakers and both the home dogs who were rested won outright.I have about $13 sitting in my bet365 account so I'm only betting $1 per game for now for the experiment since I'm doing it for fun.

We all know how teams who are on the second half of back to backs when they are playing a team that didn't play the night before seem to do badly especially when they are on the road so I'm betting the point spread against them for all games where a team is on the second half of a back to back and is playing a rested team.
If it is true that teams on the second half of a back to back etc. etc., then that is already factored into the line.
If it is true that teams on the second half of a back to back etc. etc., then that is already factored into the line.
I know it's factored into the line to a certain extent but the betting public may not factor it into their betting to as great a degree as they should which means the lines makers won't factor into their lines as much.I know in the end the juice should probably eat me alive with my experiment but that's why I'm doing it for basically no money. It's just something fun to do.
I know it's factored into the line to a certain extent but the betting public may not factor it into their betting to as great a degree as they should which means the lines makers won't factor into their lines as much.
That sounds like a better theory than as originally stated.p.s. Tim Duncan made SI's all-decade team as power forward.
p.s. Tim Duncan made SI's all-decade team as power forward.
I don't have a problem with that since both he and Shaq should be starters on the all decade team and I prefer to think of a team as having two "bigs" anyway.On that particular fantasy team he would be the traditional power forward.
I don't have a problem with that since both he and Shaq should be starters on the all decade team and I prefer to think of a team as having two "bigs" anyway.On that particular fantasy team he would be the traditional power forward.
As long as we're on the subject...NashKobeLebronDuncanShaq2nd team:KiddWadePierceGarnett(I forget who the center was. Maybe they put Nowitzki there?)I'm not sure there are any real arguments here. I would swap Iverson for Pierce, but that's not caring about position.
As long as we're on the subject...NashKobeLebronDuncanShaq2nd team:KiddWadePierceGarnett(I forget who the center was. Maybe they put Nowitzki there?)I'm not sure there are any real arguments here. I would swap Iverson for Pierce, but that's not caring about position.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/maga...team/index.htmlThere really isn't a second team just 7 reserves.The reserves you missed are:NowitzkiIversonAnthony
  • 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be easier for the signal of a full timeout to be two closed fists like a baseball umpire in a full count, instead of what they do now. Mike Brown just looked like he won the game for the Arizona Cardinals with a fumble return for a TD.

• 2 weeks later...

People are blasting Kobe, Lebron et all for not doing the dunk contest for haiti, that shaq suggested. I can't speak for lebron, and some of the younger guys, but in the Lakers-Knicks game, Kobe went up for a break away dunk, but didn't get enough air, and had to lay it up instead.. and the crowd boo'd him. Now, I'm not saying Kobe can't dunk anymore, because surely he can. I am saying ,he doesn't have the ups enough anymore to do anything but humiliate himself in a dunk contest verses elite younger athletes like Lebron.

People are blasting Kobe, Lebron et all for not doing the dunk contest for haiti, that shaq suggested. I can't speak for lebron, and some of the younger guys, but in the Lakers-Knicks game, Kobe went up for a break away dunk, but didn't get enough air, and had to lay it up instead.. and the crowd boo'd him. Now, I'm not saying Kobe can't dunk anymore, because surely he can. I am saying ,he doesn't have the ups enough anymore to do anything but humiliate himself in a dunk contest verses elite younger athletes like Lebron.
True. And Kobe has said as much recently.

with all of Kobe's injuries it's going to be absurd if he plays in the all star game much less the slam dunkI was surprised to recently hear that all of the all star contests are mandatory except for the dunk contesthas Kobe ever been in the dunk contest?

in the Lakers-Knicks game, Kobe went up for a break away dunk, but didn't get enough air, and had to lay it up instead
I agree that Kobe has no business being in a dunk contest now, but he fumbled the ball going up in that particular one.
I agree, leave the dunk contest to the younger athletes.
Old school Kobe B)I can't believe Ray Allen can dunk :club:
Ray Allen used to/can still sometimes get serious air. His ball/body control is incredible too, I always enjoy watching his 'hang in the air for longer than it takes the defenders to jump up and down' jumpers. Also this about 50 seconds in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_dnb_RoDMI And I had the feeling the 3 point contest wasn't compulsory too?