Random Basketball Observations

They will pass the Bulls now that the Bulls traded away so many people.
just saying. last night was awful and I am a Heat fan. But I turned the game off in the 2nd quarter to watch Xavier/K-State.
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

just saying. last night was awful and I am a Heat fan. But I turned the game off in the 2nd quarter to watch Xavier/K-State.
It certainly doesn't help that Noah, Rose, Deng and Gibson have all been battling injuries. Though that still doesn't make up for last night's atrocity.
It certainly doesn't help that Noah, Rose, Deng and Gibson have all been battling injuries. Though that still doesn't make up for last night's atrocity.
Yes but they had good depth and now they don't and they are paying the price. Plus, it has to be a little galling to see Salmons LIGHTING IT UP in Milwaukee.Toronto threw up a solid choke in Miami last night (their frontline was destroyed by Udonis Haslem!) so maybe Chicago can still get the 8 seed after all.
Yes but they had good depth and now they don't and they are paying the price. Plus, it has to be a little galling to see Salmons LIGHTING IT UP in Milwaukee.Toronto threw up a solid choke in Miami last night (their frontline was destroyed by Udonis Haslem!) so maybe Chicago can still get the 8 seed after all.
Doesn't bother me, he did the same thing when we traded for him last season. Don't know why, but he stopped.
The Celtics are still winning the East.
Is it possible to have a moral defeat? I feel like the Celtics victory yesterday will actually make it harder for them to beat Cleveland in the playoffs.Lebron had an "oh my god, I'm going to destroy you guys next time" look on his face after the game was over. If Lebron would stop shooting 3's and jumpers and just went to the basket every time, I think he could average 50. Good god he's a force.
If Lebron would stop shooting 3's and jumpers and just went to the basket every time, I think he could average 50. Good god he's a force.
Well that's what teams try and force him to do, so sometimes that's all that's there. Their stupid "offense" doesn't help him out either.
Nine in a row for the Heat. Wade looks awesome but I still can't see them winning a round in the playoffs.
Really soft schedule to close the year, not getting out of the first round. Kinda sucks they are in that limbo where they aren't going to get much better in the draft because Wade gets them this far every year. Hopefully free agency pays off this year.
Really soft schedule to close the year, not getting out of the first round. Kinda sucks they are in that limbo where they aren't going to get much better in the draft because Wade gets them this far every year. Hopefully free agency pays off this year.
I think if Wade is being fair he understands that this two years of mediocrity was a direct result of the 2006 title. If they get Bosh or Amare, it's all worth it.They are definitely fattening up on cupcakes right now though......it's a fair reward for staying at .500 through a brutal opening half. I think they could really push Boston or Atlanta but they cant win 4 of 7 unless Beasley's lightbulb goes off (doubtful).

Is Joakim Noah secretly amazing? Bulls go 0-10 without him, then snap off a 8-4 stretch with him. Plus, 18/19/7 in a huge win last night over Toronto. Pretty awesome stuff from a guy who looked lost his first couple years in the league.

Is Joakim Noah secretly amazing? Bulls go 0-10 without him, then snap off a 8-4 stretch with him. Plus, 18/19/7 in a huge win last night over Toronto. Pretty awesome stuff from a guy who looked lost his first couple years in the league.
Well he is secretly amazing, but don't give him all the credit. The Bulls were also without Rose and Deng for 5 of those losses.

If Lebron isn't a unanimous MVP because that one sportswriter thinks he needs to take some sort of misguided moral stand for the fans, they need to take his vote away. I understand the argument that Lebron should be playing because blah blah blah, but that has nothing to do with whether or not he was the most valuable player. I think the opening round of the Western Conference playoffs are going to be awesome. I think the only possibly lopsided series would be Utah vs Portland, especially with Roy out. But if Phoenix can beat Utah tonight, that would mean Phoenix/Portland and Utah/Denver. I think both of those would be good.I think the opening round out East is going to mostly suck.

If Lebron isn't a unanimous MVP because that one sportswriter thinks he needs to take some sort of misguided moral stand for the fans, they need to take his vote away. I understand the argument that Lebron should be playing because blah blah blah, but that has nothing to do with whether or not he was the most valuable player. I think the opening round of the Western Conference playoffs are going to be awesome. I think the only possibly lopsided series would be Utah vs Portland, especially with Roy out. But if Phoenix can beat Utah tonight, that would mean Phoenix/Portland and Utah/Denver. I think both of those would be good.I think the opening round out East is going to mostly suck.
there's a guy who votes for the baseball hall of fame who always votes no on obvious choices because he doesn't want anyone in unanimouslywillie mays - 409 out of 432how do you not lose your vote if you don't think willie mays is a hall of famer?
Jeff Van Gundy whines that Lebron will win ever MVP until he retireshttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont...?urn=nba,233603Yes Stan now give Michael Jordan the three or four other MVPs that he deserved and keep being dragged across the court by Alonzo Mouring
I think you're mixing up your Van Gundy's.But, yes, the voters will tire of giving Lebron the MVP and they will spread it around. If Lebron plays to his potential, I don't see anyone beating him anytime soon. Maybe if Wade gets on a real team, or if the Zombie Sonics take another step forward and Durant is averaging 30+, or if Howard ups his scoring average by a few points, then maybe they can challenge Lebron, but right now he's very clearly the best player on the court.
I think you're mixing up your Van Gundy's.But, yes, the voters will tire of giving Lebron the MVP and they will spread it around. If Lebron plays to his potential, I don't see anyone beating him anytime soon. Maybe if Wade gets on a real team, or if the Zombie Sonics take another step forward and Durant is averaging 30+, or if Howard ups his scoring average by a few points, then maybe they can challenge Lebron, but right now he's very clearly the best player on the court.
As much as I hate to say it, but Kobe may have one more in him.
As much as I hate to say it, but Kobe may have one more in him.
Nah, Kobe is on the downside of his career. He'll start to defer more in the regular season in order to save himself for the playoffs.
Nah, Kobe is on the downside of his career. He'll start to defer more in the regular season in order to save himself for the playoffs.
FYI, kobe was the scoring leader and #1 on everyone's MVP watch before he broke his finger...him playing hurt doesnt mean he's on the downside of his career...we will never know how lebron will do with a broken finger and a shitload of tape on the finger of his shooting hand or any other kind of significant injury because he wont play in that kind of condition...he's too concerned about his stats and his image...i"m not saying kobe is not concerned with stats and his image as well, im just saying that his stats suffering or looking like "he's on the downside of his career" isn't enough to keep him sidelined...