2009-2010 Miami Dolphins Official Thread

Nice, I was going to post that earlier but I got distracted by work. Channing Crowder talks more shit than any other mediocre football player I've ever seen.
At least I've heard of him, I still don't know who Pace is.Is he Orlando's much less talented little brother?
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least I've heard of him, I still don't know who Pace is.Is he Orlando's much less talented little brother?
I remember he was a very high 1st round draft pick. Since I know nothing else I will assume he did not live up to the hype.
  • 2 weeks later...

You have the ball. You're up 24-3. 1st and 10 from midfield, 2 minutes left in the first half. You get the ball in the second half.You lose by double digits. Yeah, I dont know how that happens either but I know it means the Dolphins secondary blows and Chad Henne is growing but not ready yet./season.edit: If some crazed Dolphins fan killed Ted Ginn tonight, I would not be all that surprised. He is the biggest bust in Dolphins history and his useless a$$ belongs on the bench for the rest of the season until they can cut him.

You have the ball. You're up 24-3. 1st and 10 from midfield, 2 minutes left in the first half. You get the ball in the second half.You lose by double digits. Yeah, I dont know how that happens either but I know it means the Dolphins secondary blows and Chad Henne is growing but not ready yet./season.edit: If some crazed Dolphins fan killed Ted Ginn tonight, I would not be all that surprised. He is the biggest bust in Dolphins history and his useless a$$ belongs on the bench for the rest of the season until they can cut him.
I really think they're a good that just happened to be up against a much better team.I wasn't even that excited about the lead at half time. I knew the Saints offense wasn't going to be shut down the entire game, they are just too good. It's a tough loss for sure, but the 'Fins held their own against one of the premiere teams in the league.
I really think they're a good that just happened to be up against a much better team.I wasn't even that excited about the lead at half time. I knew the Saints offense wasn't going to be shut down the entire game, they are just too good. It's a tough loss for sure, but the 'Fins held their own against one of the premiere teams in the league.
that TD at the end of the half was crushing against such an explosive offense. They were not going to make Brees look bad forever.Dont get me wrong, I am very excited about the Dolphins overall in the long term. You can't pin the first pick on Henne.....that was all Ted "bust" Ginn. He looks like a great QB prospect. They run the ball incredibly well. The run defense is great and the pass rush is pretty good (though a little old). The WR corps is weak but at least Bess and Hartline are young guys who look very competent. They need a #1 WR but thats a need that could potentially be addressed multiple ways. The secondary is terrible but the young CBs look good. Gibril Wilson is garbage but the next draft is rich in safeties. Another addressable problem.The Dolphins are a very good team. The 2-4 record is deceiving. They have played the Colts and Saints to a standstill while most teams have been flattened by them. They are so far removed from the 1-15 debacle in a year and a half. It's amazing.....Sparano and Parcells deserve a ton of credit.However, for this year, they are pretty much toast unless they sweep @NYJ, @NE over the next two weeks. Otherwise, they will be 3-5 with the Steelers and Pats still on the schedule. No way 9-7 makes the playoffs so the math is clear.And Ted Ginn is awful. No one can disagree on that. I am not sure a WR could have a worse game than he did today. It's so typical. Every 6 games or so Ginn gets open deep and makes a wide open catch and everyone gets teased and thinks maybe this will be the start. But it is time to accept he is a bust. He cannot make a catch in traffic to save his life.
Here is a "tweet" from Bill Simmons... "Ted Ginn Jr's Career gives us a chance to imagine what it would be like if someone tried to play wide reciever without arms" Pretty damn funny!
This kinda says it all. I wish I could make Cam Cameron answer the question: Why did you draft a WR with the 9th pick in the whole draft who does not catch the ball with his hands?Watch him. If he is wide open he can catch it with his chest. If anyone's molecules are within 3 feet of him though and he has to catch it with his hands, oops.
And Ted Ginn is awful. No one can disagree on that. I am not sure a WR could have a worse game than he did today. It's so typical. Every 6 games or so Ginn gets open deep and makes a wide open catch and everyone gets teased and thinks maybe this will be the start. But it is time to accept he is a bust. He cannot make a catch in traffic to save his life.
Yep, that's why I said this a few weeks ago...
It will take a lot more than one deep touchdown catch to get me on board with Ginn...
...I just...can't stand him. I always laugh when people say any professional athlete sucks but it seems like every week I'm saying something like, "Jesus, you suck" when another ball goes bouncing off his hands...and yesterday into the hands of Darren Sharper.
You lose by double digits. Yeah, I dont know how that happens either but I know it means the Dolphins secondary blows and Chad Henne is growing but not ready yet./season.edit: If some crazed Dolphins fan killed Ted Ginn tonight, I would not be all that surprised. He is the biggest bust in Dolphins history and his useless a$$ belongs on the bench for the rest of the season until they can cut him.
Henne looked pretty sollid again. Mind you, it was his third start ever. I like his prospects.Ginn on the other hand, like you guys said, that Sharper thing was all his fault. Just awful. He elevated, cleared the defender by a foot and it hit him directly in the hands.I don't say we lost by double digits only because that last td was just a give up deal. I'd say the future looks good, but the backs are getting some miles on them. I think they both have one more solid year

if you want to ruin your blood pressure, click on : http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in...-td-replay.htmlbasically, with the dolphins up 24-3 on a team that needs no help, the refs handed the Saints 14 points. ****ing zebras.that south park episode is hilarious. dolphin and whale just scapegoat?

Does it make up for all the games that he's singlehandedly lost?Nice win today though. I always love seeing the Jest lose.
Nope although he got brutalized here in the press so I am happy he had a good day. I mean, I still think he is a shitty WR, but he is a good kick returner and by all accounts a nice guy who does charity work and stuff. So good for him.Defense still sucks in the 4th quarter. Gotta translate the first half d to the second half somehow. Henne really had a terrible game but the Jets will do that to you sometimes. Kind of makes that loss to the refs (sorry, the Saints) a lot more painful. If they had pulled off 4-3 against that schedule, it would have been super impressive (and that is not even counting that choke job against the Colts).This has the looks of a woulda coulda shoulda season.Oh and Fuck the Jets. They are talking more shit after losing again according to some press reports I am reading. It's borderline delusional to lose twice to a team in 20 days and still be talking shit. If you are a Jet, shut the **** up thanks.
Nope although he got brutalized here in the press so I am happy he had a good day. I mean, I still think he is a shitty WR, but he is a good kick returner and by all accounts a nice guy who does charity work and stuff. So good for him.
I'm down with Ginn the kick returner. Just don't let Ginn the wide receiver get back in the mix. Always fun to get a sweep against the Jets. They can talk all the shit they want, it just makes it that much funnier.
Nope although he got brutalized here in the press so I am happy he had a good day. I mean, I still think he is a shitty WR, but he is a good kick returner and by all accounts a nice guy who does charity work and stuff. So good for him.Defense still sucks in the 4th quarter. Gotta translate the first half d to the second half somehow. Henne really had a terrible game but the Jets will do that to you sometimes. Kind of makes that loss to the refs (sorry, the Saints) a lot more painful. If they had pulled off 4-3 against that schedule, it would have been super impressive (and that is not even counting that choke job against the Colts).This has the looks of a woulda coulda shoulda season.Oh and Fuck the Jets. They are talking more shit after losing again according to some press reports I am reading. It's borderline delusional to lose twice to a team in 20 days and still be talking shit. If you are a Jet, shut the **** up thanks.
I'm looking forward to the Dan Lebetard show tomorrow to here what they say about Ginn. I agree with the comments on the Jets, they got non sensed up and down the field twice by the Dolphins, they should really just shut the hell up.
Ginn isn't a shitty wr, he's just a shitty number one wr to spend a first round pick on.
thus far in his career he has just been a shitty WR. that he was the 9th pick in the draft makes the focus on his shittiness harsher. I do think he could someday be a decent #2 WR. (Any dolphins fan should remember Tony Martin who had no hands for a few years with the Fins, went to San Diego and figured out how to catch, then came back to Miami and had a couple nice seasons with Marino. So it is possible to get better at catching the ball.)and yeah jadaki, I mean the Jets have lost to the Dolphins 3 times in 9 games total right now. Being confident is nice....being delusional is pathetic.
thus far in his career he has just been a shitty WR. that he was the 9th pick in the draft makes the focus on his shittiness harsher. I do think he could someday be a decent #2 WR. (Any dolphins fan should remember Tony Martin who had no hands for a few years with the Fins, went to San Diego and figured out how to catch, then came back to Miami and had a couple nice seasons with Marino. So it is possible to get better at catching the ball.)and yeah jadaki, I mean the Jets have lost to the Dolphins 3 times in 9 games total right now. Being confident is nice....being delusional is pathetic.
Listen, he makes alot of drops, but he also has big play potential.. I don't that makes him shitty. He just has a couple of really bad drops in clutch situations that stick in people's mind. If he played on a team that had a real number 1 WR, no one would be saying anything about him at all. People expect too much out of him, imo. He's a shitty top ten over all pick, i'll say that.
He's a shitty top ten over all pick, i'll say that.
That's probably the best way to put it. But I did have an amusing thought yesterday. Cam Cameron defended the Ted Ginn pick by comparing him to Devin Hester (who was a kick returning rock star at the time) and said he could change a few games with kick returns alone. I thought yesterday, good 'ol Cam had to be smiling in the Ravens locker room like, "See, I TOLD you fuckers."

Putting the Ted Ginn stuff aside, here's something that really bothered me yesterday and I haven't heard anyone talk about it yet:Why the hell did Miami go for two after scoring to go up 30-19? If you kick the extra point, you're up by 12. That means the Jets have to score two touchdowns, no matter what. If you're successful on the two-point conversion, you're up by 13 and the Jets have to score two touchdowns, no matter what. What's the difference here?As it turned out, Miami was unsuccessful and the Jets could have tied the game with a touchdown, a two-point conversion, and a field goal...and this wasn't too far from happening. The Jets actually converted a two-point conversion after their next touchdown that was called back because of illegal motion or something. Then on the next drive they were down at the 15-yard-line and could have had a very make-able field goal if they only needed a tie. I guess when the team wins people don't focus on stuff like this, but what am I missing here?

Putting the Ted Ginn stuff aside, here's something that really bothered me yesterday and I haven't heard anyone talk about it yet:Why the hell did Miami go for two after scoring to go up 30-19? If you kick the extra point, you're up by 12. That means the Jets have to score two touchdowns, no matter what. If you're successful on the two-point conversion, you're up by 13 and the Jets have to score two touchdowns, no matter what. What's the difference here?As it turned out, Miami was unsuccessful and the Jets could have tied the game with a touchdown, a two-point conversion, and a field goal...and this wasn't too far from happening. The Jets actually converted a two-point conversion after their next touchdown that was called back because of illegal motion or something. Then on the next drive they were down at the 15-yard-line and could have had a very make-able field goal if they only needed a tie. I guess when the team wins people don't focus on stuff like this, but what am I missing here?
Being up by 13 is better than being up by 12 if you hold them to a TD/FG/FG? That way you are still tied I guess.