Swine Flu Shot(s)... Will You Get One?

Shoo Shoo retarded Flu  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get a shot (or series of shots if needed) ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you trust this shot/serum as safe ?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If you ever got a flu shot in the past, did it make you sick?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do you think a Swine Flu shot will help stop the Flu?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Pancakes, Waffles, or Donuts?

• Pancakes
    • Waffles
    • Donuts

I've heard rumors that not only is there not enough vaccine but also you may need two or three shots!The last time I got a flu shot was 8 years ago...and I immediately became ill. I was never sicker that year.Yeah yeah, they don't use live virus's anymore. Whatever man.... The key to containing this (or a) potential outbreak is the Schools and kids that spread this stuff. My solution is to keep all the kids home indefinitely, for weeks if necessary, once/if an outbreak occurs. Same for Business's...let the people stay home, for as long as it takes.But no shot for me, thanks.You?

Unless you're gonna lock yourself in a room that nobody else can have access to, and live off of canned foods, it's pretty retarded to not get the shot. The odds of you getting the flu just walking around is MUCH greater than the chances of getting sick from a flu shot.Plus, if it's what some people say and similar to the Spanish flu, supposedly it's just as/more dangerous to healthy people.

I've never gotten a flu shot or the flu =/Actually...that's a lie. I did get a flu shot back when I was like 13 I think...Still never got the flu though. I probally won't get the shot

It's funny that you would bring this up, Nutz. On the way to work this morning, I was listening to a news channel on the radio and they were talking about this exact thing (having people call in/taking a poll). I told myself, as I was listening, that I wouldn't get the shot. The last flu shot I received was, as you said, something like 8-10 years ago. I didn't become sick from the shot, but I don't really know if it was "that" beneficial or not. They said something regarding a normal flu shot & the swine flu shot (and something about the time period you can have them) but I can't remember quite what it was.I guess if there was an outbreak of the swine flu in my area I may deem it necessary, but in MI there were maybe 3 to 4 cases.

I may have already been exposed and fought it off.A co-worker of mine had it a couple of weeks ago. A day or two later I had a mild sore throat and a slight headache for about a week. I took tons of vitamins and drank lots of fluids. I never felt as if I actually got it HOWEVERI read this morning (probably the same article that the OP read) that some people get it an have very few symptoms and the symptoms they get are a headache and sore throat. Honestly, I have no clue if I got it or not and don't really care.However, I think I would get the shot. I just hate missing work because when I come back, I am overwhelmed with everything that was not done when I was gone.

Is there any diffrence between pancakes,flap jacks and hot cakes?
I don't believe so, GM. I think they call it different things in different regions. This isn't a brag, but I've been all over the US, and the names to differ from place to place, i.e. from the south to north for example.

Selected donuts. In retro spec, I should have picked waffles, Belgium, waffles dipped in chocolate.If people would only stay home if they are not feeling well, the swine would not spread. NOTHING pisses me off more than someone who comes to work sick. Hot donuts now, not a bad choice either.

If people would only stay home if they are not feeling well, the swine would not spread. NOTHING pisses me off more than someone who comes to work sick.
My co-worker who came to work tried to stay home. She called her boss. Her boss strongly suggested she come in because of this very important meeting that we had to attend. She sat next to me, looking worse by the minute. The thing is, there was nothing in that meeting that either one of us did not already know.
Selected donuts. In retro spec, I should have picked waffles, Belgium, waffles dipped in chocolate.If people would only stay home if they are not feeling well, the swine would not spread. NOTHING pisses me off more than someone who comes to work sick. Hot donuts now, not a bad choice either.
Definitely overlooked. That takes the crown over pancakes.

if things got really bad where i lived, i'd definatley take a shot, cause i kinda don't wanna die or anything. I don't really trust it tho. never had the flu or a flu shot from what i know of.i heard that they were going to close some schools over here in the UK to try and stop it spreading etc, which is definatley a good idea.oh, Donuts AINEC

My co-worker who came to work tried to stay home. She called her boss. Her boss strongly suggested she come in because of this very important meeting that we had to attend. She sat next to me, looking worse by the minute. The thing is, there was nothing in that meeting that either one of us did not already know.
Guys like that drive me nuts, they have no idea of safety or management, I used to be that way but with experience you should clue in.

being a nurse our employers ( the hospital I work at ) enforces us to get a flu shots every year and if we don't we can be sent home with out pay, if we get sick from the flu. Now our union is saying that this infringes on our rights. Because of my incompromised immune system I fine it does help if I do get the shots every year. The one year I did miss the shot was the one year I did get sick really bad from the flu. So I haven't missed one since and thus haven't had the flu since.

Infuriating. Did her boss ever hear of a phone? Was the boss in the meeting? I would have insisted that they sit close to one another.
Definitely overlooked. That takes the crown over pancakes.
Are pancakes really even in the conversation?