Well it looks like I'm the only one paying attention to everything other than names... because I didn't know who was who name-wise... but I knew that the guy with the awards was on the chopping block.
Speaking of paying attention to names, am I the only one who finds it hilarious that the gay guy is named Ash Fulk? He's only 2 letters away from essentially being named "Gay Sex".
  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that Michael was the brother with the Michelin star all along. I thought it was obvious due to his confidence and his newfangled molecular gastronomy techniques.Ashley shoulda stayed, Eli shoulda gone, 1+1=2.... I'm stating the obvious, get it? Ashley was really spineless when she was on the block and should have defended herself. She basically agreed that gnocchi was a bad choice which was stupid, and she didn't assert that Eli messed up the seasonings and bucked out of cooking the prawns. She could have thrown him under but was too nice to do so. Not that she was faultless. I should have stopped this paragraph at 1+1=2.

I say the Tom C. Diet coke commerical, and was annoyed. There's something really annoying to me about icons of fine dining endorsing shit like fast food and soft drinks. It really shouldn't bother me, but it does.

Speaking of paying attention to names, am I the only one who finds it hilarious that the gay guy is named Ash Fulk? He's only 2 letters away from essentially being named "Gay Sex".
I didn't notice that. Ridiculous.
I knew that Michael was the brother with the Michelin star all along. I thought it was obvious due to his confidence and his newfangled molecular gastronomy techniques.
I was always so impressed with the family because Bryan had the award and Michael was so good. But I don't think it's that obvious...Bryan is impressive himself, just not in a newfangled kind of way. He's slightly more traditional, but still seems like a chef that could get a star.
Ashley shoulda stayed, Eli shoulda gone, 1+1=2.... I'm stating the obvious, get it? Ashley was really spineless when she was on the block and should have defended herself. She basically agreed that gnocchi was a bad choice which was stupid, and she didn't assert that Eli messed up the seasonings and bucked out of cooking the prawns. She could have thrown him under but was too nice to do so. Not that she was faultless. I should have stopped this paragraph at 1+1=2.
In the team challenges they almost never say, "Well, Chef A cooked it poorly, but Chef B didn't even try, so let's give Chef B the boot." In the end, Ashley cooked the prawns incorrectly, and it doesn't matter why she was the one that did it. And you can say that the oversalting was mostly Eli's fault, but Ashley didn't account for the fact that his portion of the dish would have its own seasoning so she should take it easy on the gnocci...plus she tasted it, knew it was too salty, and was 50% of the decision to still serve it. I can only imagine that your judgement is clouded because Ashley is the better cook overall. Prawns Cause Loss + Ashley Cooked Prawns = Ashley Goes Home
I say the Tom C. Diet coke commerical, and was annoyed. There's something really annoying to me about icons of fine dining endorsing shit like fast food and soft drinks. It really shouldn't bother me, but it does.
I don't know if I'd consider him an "icon of fine dining"...at this point he's a celebrity chef with a fine dining restaurant and a host of other types of restaurants. When someone like Thomas Keller does a coke commercial, that'll get to me.
The thing that killed their dish was the undercooked prawns...that was her responsibility, so she had to be sent home. There was no doubt about it. They couldn't get rid of him just because he had a hand in oversalting the gnocci. And they didn't agree with his flavor profile mumbo jumbo.I totally agree that Ashley is a better cook than him, but the choice was obvious.
As much as I hate that bearded hipster toad, I am forced to agree with this. Sometimes good chefs screw up, and when they do, they go home.

After sort of setting me on tilt with her early whining, Ashley grew on me a little. I still don't think she was terribly talented - but certainly not as bad as some others. This season's talent seems pretty deep - even thought there are certainly some that seem in a different class from the rest. Almost like two seasons in one. Half of the cast seems like they need to avoid trouble while the others get weeded out. Then it will come down to the battle of the stronger group. Sounds sort of basic when I read that - but it just really seems like there are clearly two groups of chefs this season - a group with really good skills and a group with real talent and experience. I guess there was a third tier that is mostly gone - the posers without much real talent, good cooks perhaps, but not really "Chefs"Ash really seems like he sees this same dichotomy and is intimidated by the talent around him. Even Ashley sort of acknowledged this same thing. The Not Really a Cougar is freaking annoying.

"I bring more to the table that anyone else in the competition. Anything less that the finals for me, will be a failure."-Mike Isabella"No one... and I mean... NO one, is on the same level as Beardy. AINEC."-brvheart

I don't know what the nickname for the guy who got booted out is, but it should be " that terrible, whiny guy who needs to go". It's pretty obvious that this bottom three are probably going to be the three to go in the next three weeks.

I don't know what the nickname for the guy who got booted out is, but it should be " that terrible, whiny guy who needs to go". It's pretty obvious that this bottom three are probably going to be the three to go in the next three weeks.
You could probably switch Eli into that 3 also. I could easily see Robin making it a few more weeks and Eli or Mike Isabella going before her.
I would love it if that red headed chick and eli left in the next two weeks. The sooner that fat hipster frog is gone the better
There was a recent episode of Iron Chef America where Richard "Faux Hawk" Blaze was the Challenger and Nerdley Hipster was his Sous-Chef.
The three tiers of competitors were shown today. And, Peardy mcBig showed he's the top hog.the look tom gave toby when he was talking about instant coffee was great
LOL His face when Toby was talking about the arm pit with and without hair was funny also. The last 3 standing should be the brothers and red beard without a doubt. The blond just doubts what she is making too much which I hate. If she becomes confident in what she is doing then she might crack that top 3 which she is close to right now but I don't know which of the other 3 will fowl something up to get booted.
LOL His face when Toby was talking about the arm pit with and without hair was funny also. The last 3 standing should be the brothers and red beard without a doubt. The blond just doubts what she is making too much which I hate. If she becomes confident in what she is doing then she might crack that top 3 which she is close to right now but I don't know which of the other 3 will fowl something up to get booted.
It's almost inconceivable at this point that Beardy would screw anything up. He's at the top of every quickfire and every challenge.
the look tom gave toby when he was talking about instant coffee was great
Ya, the looks tom gives him are priceless, to me it looks like he is just dumbfounded that he is taking these odd analogies and going way over board with them for TV.1. I cannot believe Ash put out cold pork loin and corn? That's what I give my kids for leftovers. He also got talked into it by Mike Isabella. I think there is some tomfoolery going on in the background.2. Why are people trying to make dishes they don't know how to do? That cat food thing looked gross and was obviously cooked wrong.3. I loved when the brothers got into it. That is pretty much how the whole show would be if I were on it with my brother. (and we are the same ages as them, which really has nothing to do with anything)4. I actually feel bad for Robin. She is obviously not up to the level of the other chefs, but they are being complete dicks to her on national television.5. I was going to go to Aureole a couple years ago when I was in Vegas, then when I asked around everyone told me it was over priced and not that great. They have an interesting menu concept. You can get a 3 course or 5 course meal. The 3 course is $50 the 5 course is $75, or at least it was. That's it, you eat what they are serving. And their wine is ridiculously over pirced because of that tower. I went to Mesa Grill instead and do not regret it for a minute.6. I am not a fan of Pinot. I think it is a cop out wine most of the time, but I have a had a couple Pinots that I like.
"No one... and I mean... NO one, is on the same level as Beardy. AINEC."
I think the brothers and the chick are close. SOIEC.
He very obviously knew that he wasn't good enough to be in the competition, which I guess I can appreciate. It's rare that someone has enough self-awareness to recognize and admit when they're obviously outclassed. Yeah, he's a whiny bitch, but he wasn't all bad.
LOL His face when Toby was talking about the arm pit with and without hair was funny also.
That was Toby's first really funny line (of many attempts), in my opinion. In the past most of his lines sounded pre-written and were delivered with the elegance of Mr. Roboto. He's been much, much better this season than he was when he first started judging.
The last 3 standing should be the brothers and red beard without a doubt. The blond just doubts what she is making too much which I hate. If she becomes confident in what she is doing then she might crack that top 3 which she is close to right now but I don't know which of the other 3 will fowl something up to get booted.
She's better than all of you give her credit for. She said one sentence about being slightly worried that her pork belly dish was too light...who gives a shit? It obviously didn't affect her cooking. She's almost always right at the top of the heap with Beardo and the Twins. Her sauces always kill, and she's obviously a skilled cook. I would bank on her making the finals because she also stays away from doing anything too far out there...she doesn't make boring or safe food, but she doesn't seem to make anything that might fall flat on a bad day. Just consistently top quality food. Will she win? Maybe not, but again, you all seem to underrate her. She's not Hung, she's not Blaise (sp?), she's not Tatoo, but she's good...I'd put her on a Harold level, maybe better.
She's better than all of you give her credit for. She said one sentence about being slightly worried that her pork belly dish was too light...who gives a shit? It obviously didn't affect her cooking. She's almost always right at the top of the heap with Beardo and the Twins. Her sauces always kill, and she's obviously a skilled cook. I would bank on her making the finals because she also stays away from doing anything too far out there...she doesn't make boring or safe food, but she doesn't seem to make anything that might fall flat on a bad day. Just consistently top quality food. Will she win? Maybe not, but again, you all seem to underrate her. She's not Hung, she's not Blaise (sp?), she's not Tatoo, but she's good...I'd put her on a Harold level, maybe better.
incorrect. She's my #2.RedBushBlondGirlBrianMichael

what an upset. I would have made beardo's team a +250 favorite going into the restaurant war. Blondie got lucky, IMO, she easily could have gone home, her dishes didn't deliver.. but i think she got credit for previous experience. It's weird for Laurene to get sent home on a cooking show, for something that doesn't have to do with cooking

it did have to do with cooking in that she didn't do anything about a bad decision. they get judged on those type of decisions every week. it's not a technique or anything but it's a big part of the show. knowing when things just aren't right or when to change gears. that being said, obviously it was a cop out decision but in this case I don't think anyone really cares.RE: blonde. she's always very critical of her own performance which is actually an asset but for some reason many people here are taking it as a self-confidence issue.I really thought Hair on Face was "good" this week in his handling of being crappy and being "very angry"next week: natalie portman = hot. yum.