They said 71 made it out of ninety something, so it wasn't like they sent home a ton of people.
Exactly... what a waste of 2 days, only getting rid of ~20 people. It's not easy to work in a group like that, especially when you get stuck with a bitch like that ugly curlyhaired chick who forgot her words. What a lame-o. When she was talking to the camera about getting the cupboard to work in and she kept flailing her arm in the air I REALLY wanted to punch her in the face. Repeatedly. Everyone that picked the Stefani song was stupid, but it seems lame that some good singers got eliminated based on that. A few of the ones that got through really surprised me. There was one young brown haired guy who got through, I think he was in the group with the new father, and I thought he (young one) was really bad. Also didn't need to spend 10 minutes watching about this guy's wife having a baby. Great ploy to get airtime though, wonder if they planned it this way.
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought it was stupid to sing that Gwen Stefanie song. That was probably the worst song choice ever. I mean, sing a song that is easy to learn and showcases your voice, don't try and impress the judges by making choices of difficult songs, especially for a group.
Worse than Bad Romance by Lady Gaga? If so, it must have been an absolute horror show.Anyone know if Leukemia Girl got through? I rather liked her.
Exactly... what a waste of 2 days, only getting rid of ~20 people. It's not easy to work in a group like that, especially when you get stuck with a bitch like that ugly curlyhaired chick who forgot her words. What a lame-o. When she was talking to the camera about getting the cupboard to work in and she kept flailing her arm in the air I REALLY wanted to punch her in the face. Repeatedly. A few of the ones that got through really surprised me. There was one young brown haired guy who got through, I think he was in the group with the new father, and I thought he (young one) was really bad.
I think they let the rocker chick through because the Pink song she did was very good. So I'm guessing that the judges realized she was horrible in group day but decided to give her a 2nd chance because of her earlier performance.The curly haired chick was a train wreck. They were even snapping there fingers the same as they were the year before when she was paired up with Gokey.I'm with you on that guy who went through with the new father. He did not sound good on group day, and he didn't sound good in his solo on Tuesday. The judges must be hearing something that I'm not.

Speaking of Jason Castro...Does everyone remember when he did the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah? Simon's critique was that it was fantastic and he also mentioned it's one of his favorite songs. But by Jason's own admission he didn't even really sing it all that well.So...do current contestants study past seasons? It'd be like an athlete studying game film. Find out what songs the judges like and stick with those or very similar songs. If song choice is half the battle, you'd have an advantage right away.

Speaking of Jason Castro...Does everyone remember when he did the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah? Simon's critique was that it was fantastic and he also mentioned it's one of his favorite songs. But by Jason's own admission he didn't even really sing it all that well.So...do current contestants study past seasons? It'd be like an athlete studying game film. Find out what songs the judges like and stick with those or very similar songs. If song choice is half the battle, you'd have an advantage right away.
If I were to make the show, not only would I study the past seasons, I'd probably hire a producer/consultant to help do that research and perhaps choose/arrange some tunes. Particularly if I made it past Hollywood week.
If I were to make the show, not only would I study the past seasons, I'd probably hire a producer/consultant to help do that research and perhaps choose/arrange some tunes. Particularly if I made it past Hollywood week.
But you AREN'T on the show, because you're a terrible singer, and EVERYONE hates you.-Mercury69
Yeah, but part of the appeal is originality. So just doing a song that was liked in the past is not necessarily going to score you points.
but if you screw up their favorite song they are twice as hard on you

It also seems to me that they have purposely avoided people with professional singing ties as all the contestants are pretty clueless from what we've seen. I'm sure there are hundreds of semi-professional singers playing in bands that were better than whaty we've seen.

It also seems to me that they have purposely avoided people with professional singing ties as all the contestants are pretty clueless from what we've seen. I'm sure there are hundreds of semi-professional singers playing in bands that were better than whaty we've seen.

That guy is super talented, but his mannerisms are so over the top I question whether he could be commerically successful. I think he is more suited to be a broadway/stage type performer, too dramatic and a bit cheesy for mainstream music.

That guy is super talented, but his mannerisms are so over the top I question whether he could be commerically successful. I think he is more suited to be a broadway/stage type performer, too dramatic and a bit cheesy for mainstream music.
I think you are right but I think he would benefit from Simon Cowell getting in his face about it.
fyp
Heh. I haven't seen anybody this year that I really remember. Except that one rocker chick, but I only remember her for her stupid group week antics. Singing/personality-wise the only one I remember is the Wheeler chick. I kind of liked her.
Heh. I haven't seen anybody this year that I really remember. Except that one rocker chick, but I only remember her for her stupid group week antics. Singing/personality-wise the only one I remember is the Wheeler chick. I kind of liked her.
You seriously don't remember the dude with the glasses and tattoo on his neck? I think he is the clear front-runner. Absolutely no question that he will make the top 12.
You seriously don't remember the dude with the glasses and tattoo on his neck? I think he is the clear front-runner. Absolutely no question that he will make the top 12.
Is he the one that sang the Paula Abdul song? If so, then I guess I remember him, but I don't see him winning.
Is he the one that sang the Paula Abdul song? If so, then I guess I remember him, but I don't see him winning.
Yes. That's him, and he's going to finish in the top 3. Book it.