• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This episode was like "Bring your cute little kid to the audition and you get through to Hollywood" day. So ridic. First the guy who looked nothing like Jack Black, but had an okay voice. Then the chick in the wig whose little girl was super annoying, and I thought her voice was pretty weak and not good enough. Then the pretty girl who named her girl Hopestarr which is just awful, and she brought in all her drawings and sat on V's lap, this girl had an okay voice but again not great.The black girl at the end was okay but a little bit yell-y. Not as bad as headwrap woman though, I couldn't believe they didn't call her out on practically shouting through that song. I guess her story was ~*~moving~*~ though, the whole trying to make it so long spiel.

It has been rumored that Howard Stern is in the running for Simon's job.I'm a huge fan of him so I think this would be awesome. He would be completely honest with everyone. I don't see this pleasing the general public though. Parents might be reluctant to let their kids watch the show because of Stern's reputation. There are also a lot of people who just hate him in general, and this could cause an uproar.Howard has talked a lot in the past about how he wants a game show and it would be the easiest job in the world. With his contract with SiriusXM up at the end of the year this move would make sense for him. If the move ended up not working out, I don't think Howard would care that much lol.

Seeing Ellen on the previews for next week made me really nervous. I was almost immediately annoyed and I have no general distaste for her.

Seeing Ellen on the previews for next week made me really nervous. I was almost immediately annoyed and I have no general distaste for her.
Well, she doesn't even know you exist, let alone care what you think
Well, she doesn't even know you exist, let alone care what you think
It has been rumored that Howard Stern is in the running for Simon's job.I'm a huge fan of him so I think this would be awesome. He would be completely honest with everyone. I don't see this pleasing the general public though. Parents might be reluctant to let their kids watch the show because of Stern's reputation. There are also a lot of people who just hate him in general, and this could cause an uproar.Howard has talked a lot in the past about how he wants a game show and it would be the easiest job in the world. With his contract with SiriusXM up at the end of the year this move would make sense for him. If the move ended up not working out, I don't think Howard would care that much lol.
it would be a hoot but howard is polarizing in a way cowell isntplus I dont think he'd want to move to LA or abandon his show - if they'd move idol to ny which they wouldnt i think he'd definitely do iteric the midget is available and has made this know though
it would be a hoot but howard is polarizing in a way cowell isntplus I dont think he'd want to move to LA or abandon his show - if they'd move idol to ny which they wouldnt i think he'd definitely do iteric the midget is available and has made this know though
If you have been listening to his show lately, abandoning his show is something he does seem like he is willing to do. His contract is up though so I don't really consider it abandoning anything.
If you have been listening to his show lately, abandoning his show is something he does seem like he is willing to do. His contract is up though so I don't really consider it abandoning anything.
he always acts like he's going to quit - he'll be back
Yeah, that was odd.I can't see Stern on Idol. I think he's too controversial for them and I can't see him leaving NY. How about Conan? I hear he's available.

I liked the show tonight, there was a lot of potential. I was mad that the girl with the brothers with down syndrome didn't make it. It has been rumored that the big black guy who's wife was in labor made the live show, but got kicked off because his dad ran his mouth to the media.Ellen didn't annoy me. I thought she would. I'm going to wait on judging her until the live show starts though.I'm already missing Paula's incoherent rants. She should have taken the money, what has she done since last year?

Tonights show was awesome. I'm totally pumped for this season now. I enjoyed Ellen, she never annoyed me, so I'm happy about that.I'm super excited about the short dude with glasses, neck tattoo, and guitar. He was awesome. I was also super surprised at how great the shirtless dude was with the blues guitar... I'm sad that they showed that he gets booted tomorrow. (or at least he was very sad for some reason)

I liked the show tonight, there was a lot of potential. I was mad that the girl with the brothers with down syndrome didn't make it. It has been rumored that the big black guy who's wife was in labor made the live show, but got kicked off because his dad ran his mouth to the media.Ellen didn't annoy me. I thought she would. I'm going to wait on judging her until the live show starts though.I'm already missing Paula's incoherent rants. She should have taken the money, what has she done since last year?
If this is true, I'm gonna be super pissed. How is that his fault!?!? I love that dude.
I'd actually Andrew Garcia's Straight Up right now if I couldguitar players - talented as hellkeyboard players - see yago lilly scott!
what?

Yeah, I was also surprised by the talent. I think the dude with the glasses seems like a lock already. That guy is quite good.As for bluesy guitar guy, I'm super sad that I just read he gets the boot. I think the show could use a guy like that. I guess the problem is he would be very one dimensional. Who knows though.Single mom with the f'd up teeth was really good as well.

Chicks with guitars were good stuff. The last 2 girls on the night I thought were some of the best. I think the girls are going to go further in this than the guys this year.

Also sorry that Hick Girl sucked so much.
Yeah wtf. I know she is from a small town and all that, but you think she would try to find a coach to help her out. Who knows maybe she did, but what she sang was horrible.I was also unhappy that the crooner voice coach guy on the keyboard didn't make it. Note to contestants... DONT PLAY KEYBOARD!!!!

I tuned in briefly, mostly to see Ellen. Women in Hollywood, please get any and all plastic surgery referrals from Ellen Degeneres. She's 52, and, yes, she's had some help over th years. She still looks like the best, most refined version of herself.

I tuned in briefly, mostly to see Ellen. Women in Hollywood, please get any and all plastic surgery referrals from Ellen Degeneres. She's 52, and, yes, she's had some help over th years. She still looks like the best, most refined version of herself.
You mean you wouldn't recommend Joan Rivers refer you.joan_changes_1.jpg
I can't see Stern on Idol. I think he's too controversial for them and I can't see him leaving NY. How about Conan? I hear he's available.
Conan's not mean enough. The show shoots in a matter of weeks, so it's not like Howard would have to move. I think the real obstacle is whether they can pay him enough to make it worthwhile for him. I was not as bothered by Ellen as I expected to be.

I liked Ellen, I thought she did a fine job. She stayed within her knowledge of entertainment and didn't try to be some expert singer judge. She can definitely judge people on stage presence, that she has more experience with than probably the rest of the judges combined.