Yes. That's him, and he's going to finish in the top 3. Book it.
Yeah, but you were all aboard the Anoop train about this time last year, so, you know. (I think.)Edit: Looks like you were on the Anoop train, but you were riding Gokey even harder.
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but you were all aboard the Anoop train about this time last year, so, you know. (I think.)Edit: Looks like you were on the Anoop train, but you were riding Gokey even harder.
So you're saying I was right last year too? Ok. Because Anoop finished like 8th and Gokey 3rd. START LISTENING TO ME! Neck tattoo ftw!
So you're saying I was right last year too? Ok. Because Anoop finished like 8th and Gokey 3rd. START LISTENING TO ME! Neck tattoo ftw!
No. I'll give you credit for Gokey even though everybody else was on him too, but I'm not giving you 8th place credit. Come on!

not watching this years Idol but I have purchased Sam Tsui's Lady Gaga medley from Itunes, and his version of Down.Yeah, so what, I'm not altogether straight. I also got some Tupac as well. Picture me rollin bitches

I think it is cool that the girl stuck up for herself when she got denied.Although she kept saying stuff like "I'm definitely good enough for top 24, other girls had to go through the same stuff I did, but not all of them." It seemed like her attitude was I'm not the best but I'm good enough to go on.Brings me to my question. If you knew you had no chance to win would you even want to bother going through to the top 24? For me personally, I wouldn't want to go on if I didn't think I had a chance.

I think it is cool that the girl stuck up for herself when she got denied.Although she kept saying stuff like "I'm definitely good enough for top 24, other girls had to go through the same stuff I did, but not all of them." It seemed like her attitude was I'm not the best but I'm good enough to go on.Brings me to my question. If you knew you had no chance to win would you even want to bother going through to the top 24? For me personally, I wouldn't want to go on if I didn't think I had a chance.
But if youre good enough to barely make the top 24, you might improve. Look at Kris Allen. No one hardly even knew who he was until there were only like 10 people left.
well playedI hate to say it but i was thrilled they cut the girl with the half dead lip she creeped me out
disagree, I thought she was really good. With that said it seems like there are a lot of girls who can sing this year which means some of the better singers are going to have to be cut.
well playedI hate to say it but i was thrilled they cut the girl with the half dead lip she creeped me out
Agreed.I like the picks sofar EXCEPT for "Kaitlin Epperly" (sp?) the curly haired blonde, never noticed her before and didn't think her montage videos showed a special talent compared to others, and the young guy who seemed to forget his lyrics 2/3 days of Hollywood week, I don't like him forgetting the lyrics and I don't think his voice/style is that strong either.Expect/hope the mouth organ playing hippy mom gets through, she is like an upgraded version of Megan Joy. Also the guitar playing guy everyone here loves, he's got to get through. Expecting Katie Stevens, the young brunette chick to get in. Glad to see ugly blonde Charity Vance leaving, and boring little Hope whose story was "I was poor". Cutting out some of that nasty chaff.
Is that what was going on? Her mouth was like a diagonal slash.....I could not stop fixating on it. I kept waiting for her to pull a deranged face and scream "why so serious???!!?!?!?!"
I thought she was kind of a jerk in the way she "stuck up" for herself. Especially when she snapped at Ellen for trying to explain that one rejection isn't the worst thing in life nor the end of a career. Every professional has experienced rejection, even having been rejected for things in which they were convinced they could successful.As far as participating without a chance to win......first of all I think that everyone sort of deludes themselves into believing that they have a chance even against superior competition. Also, I think there is something to be said for being a small celebrity for a moment - especially for the person whom you've described as having no chance to win. If you're never going to have a chance to be the big star maybe a few moments of celebrity and an outside shot at the big time is worth a chance. How many times do you get that close to your dream? ...and remember, these people are dreamers.Personally, since I don't have that kind of talent, but I am a "serious amateur" musician I think it would be AMAZING to compete at that level even with people who I thought outclassed me. Getting to be a part of that production and seeing it all from behind the scenes. I'd certainly learn a ton, not to mention the fact that being with talent can raise your level of capabilities too. And it could open some interesting doors and opportunities for even someone of my lesser talents. And I am certain they DO earn a good amount of cash just for being on TV with perfoming parts. I was a "Featured Extra" in a small movie and earned a few hundred bucks for a few hours work and a moment of screen time without any lines.
Expect/hope the mouth organ playing hippy mom gets through, she is like an upgraded version of Megan Joy.Glad to see ugly blonde Charity Vance
Agree-she's good and should go farWhy ugly? Just curious.

Going to be interesting if the rumors are true and one of the guys was DQ'd. Is the young momma's boy going to get a second chance?A little bit of an awkward moment when his mother (and camera man) followed him into the toilet stall.

Frankly, I think the reason Thaddeus didn't get in is purely because they can't have 2 big black guys.That's probably why the not-so-great white teen guy got in (Aaron Kelly, Tim Urban or Alex Lambert, can't tell between them at this point but perhaps all of them anyway), because they need a 'cute' white boy for the pre-teen girls to vote for.I don't remember that one black chick that got in (Paige), afro chick (Michelle Delamor) or the asian guy (John Park), and a few others too. I thought that Siobhan girl would get in but I didn't know her name or how to describe her in my last post. I dig her voice but her style is too irksome and I think she'll flub it in the first few voting shows by picking the wrong songs.My top 5 at this point:1. Didi Bonami (sang that Kara Dioguradi song on guitar and actually made me kinda like it)2. Crystal Bowersox (hippy mom with dreads)3. Toddrick Hall (the one whose first audition was a song about the judges)4. Andrew Garcia (guitar playing neck tattoo four eyes)5. Jermaine Sellers (kinda like a less attractive Toddrick Hall)A few of the others are OK e.g. Tyler Grady but will probably prove too "genre" or inconsistent/bad song choices. p.s. why did they use 'Hallelujah' for the montage? So wasteful and inappropriate, they should have used an upbeat, victory song.

Frankly, I think the reason Thaddeus didn't get in is purely because they can't have 2 big black guys.That's probably why the not-so-great white teen guy got in (Aaron Kelly, Tim Urban or Alex Lambert, can't tell between them at this point but perhaps all of them anyway), because they need a 'cute' white boy for the pre-teen girls to vote for.I don't remember that one black chick that got in (Paige), afro chick (Michelle Delamor) or the asian guy (John Park), and a few others too. I thought that Siobhan girl would get in but I didn't know her name or how to describe her in my last post. I dig her voice but her style is too irksome and I think she'll flub it in the first few voting shows by picking the wrong songs.My top 5 at this point:1. Didi Bonami (sang that Kara Dioguradi song on guitar and actually made me kinda like it)2. Crystal Bowersox (hippy mom with dreads)3. Toddrick Hall (the one whose first audition was a song about the judges)4. Andrew Garcia (guitar playing neck tattoo four eyes)5. Jermaine Sellers (kinda like a less attractive Toddrick Hall)A few of the others are OK e.g. Tyler Grady but will probably prove too "genre" or inconsistent/bad song choices. p.s. why did they use 'Hallelujah' for the montage? So wasteful and inappropriate, they should have used an upbeat, victory song.
Pretty much agree with everything here. I think Crystal is amazing, I hope she makes top 12. PS You should remove "four eyes" from your vocab.
Pretty much agree with everything here. I think Crystal is amazing, I hope she makes top 12. PS You should remove "four eyes" from your vocab.
I hope Crystal gets a Crest Whitestrips endorsement, other than those teeth she's awesome and I really expect her to do well. My wife and I kept cracking up last night everytime Randy did his "the best talent we've ever seen" line...half of the top 24 from last year would have won this season outright if they were up against this bunch.
Simon said it was a mistake to cut her, and so we all know that it was.
Is that what was going on? Her mouth was like a diagonal slash.....I could not stop fixating on it. I kept waiting for her to pull a deranged face and scream "why so serious???!!?!?!?!"
She clearly had a disabled mouth, I'm fairly surprised that this wasn't obvious to everyone.
I hope Crystal gets a Crest Whitestrips endorsement, other than those teeth she's awesome and I really expect her to do well.
I never look at anything else when she's singing. It's like the dead mouth chick. Someone needs to help her out... and quick.
PS You should remove "four eyes" from your vocab.
Heh.
My wife and I kept cracking up last night everytime Randy did his "the best talent we've ever seen" line...
Randy likes his hyperbole."A million billion percent yes!"