Ok, so I'm playing a 2-60 spread game at a local card room (this game essentially plays like 1/2 NL with $60 being the max raise at any time and a max of $200 buy in)I'm about 6 hours into a session and have built a very healthy stack of around $620 I've been having my way with the table thus far and the 2nd largest stack is about $300. So then comes this hand villain sits down with $200 and plays about 3 hands takes in a medium size pot without showdown but nothing too substantial. I'm in the BB and catch AdJd action folds to villain in the hi-jack who puts in a standard raise to $8 I raise to $20 and he flats. Flop As Ah 5dI bet $32 he calls Turn 7d I bet $40 he raises to $100 and is effectively all-in with about 40 left behindI....

a.) If you are going to raise preflop, raise more. like $30b.) flop is goodc.) I probably check the turn, but betting is probably ok if you think this villain will call with 88-KK, or if you think he will spaz with something else.d.) as played, we aren't folding, ever, just shove since he only has $40 behindhe might have us beat here, but we almost always have 11 outs to catch up IF we are behind (and that still is a relatively big if at this point)

did you post this because you got coolered? Def agree with raising more pf. I think everyone is getting it in here otherwise, this is pretty standard.

I think it's pretty standard as well, but I agree with Dubey that we should raise more preflop, to $25-$35As played your turn bet is really small; I like the c/c line suggested also

Raise and laugh at him when you catch the 10d on his AQ. Tell him AQ is a terrible hand and this is why. Call him the biggest donkey you know.

did you post this because you got coolered? Def agree with raising more pf. I think everyone is getting it in here otherwise, this is pretty standard.
I actually I didn't, I laid it down and never saw my opponents hand he claimed AK I think I was in tourney mode but was curious how others viewed the hand. I kind of disagree with the way I played it.

Ew at laying down trip aces with a decent kicker and a flush draw getting an effective 3:1.Even if you're against AK every single time you are STILL correct to get your money in.

I still don't get why you're re raising pre out of position.
To be honest I was testing the strength of his hand/ seeing how he reacts to a re-raise(ideally i would show the hand down) but as others have mentioned I didn't really raise enough to give me any information. Hence my being disappointed with how I played the hand. In retrospect I wish I would have flatted and possibly dark checked the flop. I think this not only controls the pot size better but gives me a better feeling of what villain has when he either checks flop or reacts to my call on the flop. Yes I realize the fold is horriBAD 1.) I truly thought I was beat at the time given villain's general body language not that it means anything regarding whether I call or not. After I took my 20 minute break or so he seemed like a pretty average player betting when he had the goods and I don't think he ever got involved in a pot as big as that one again. (Again doesn't excuse the fold)2.) I was ready for a break and like it or not I made the moronic decision that I didnt want to lose the last 2 or 3 hours of grinding in one hand on the off chance of hitting a diamond.Yes I sometimes think completely irrationally and convince myself its what I want to do.
Ok, so I'm playing a 2-60 spread game at a local card room (this game essentially plays like 1/2 NL with $60 being the max raise at any time and a max of $200 buy in)I'm about 6 hours into a session and have built a very healthy stack of around $620 I've been having my way with the table thus far and the 2nd largest stack is about $300. So then comes this hand villain sits down with $200 and plays about 3 hands takes in a medium size pot without showdown but nothing too substantial. I'm in the BB and catch AdJd action folds to villain in the hi-jack who puts in a standard raise to $8 I raise to $20 and he flats. Flop As Ah 5dI bet $32 he calls Turn 7d I bet $40 he raises to $100 and is effectively all-in with about 40 left behindI....
fist pump shove?
I actually I didn't, I laid it down and never saw my opponents hand he claimed AK I think I was in tourney mode but was curious how others viewed the hand. I kind of disagree with the way I played it.
This is so bad. so sosososo bad.Why did bet you bet 40 on the turn?
To be honest I was testing the strength of his hand/ seeing how he reacts to a re-raise(ideally i would show the hand down) but as others have mentioned I didn't really raise enough to give me any information. Hence my being disappointed with how I played the hand. In retrospect I wish I would have flatted and possibly dark checked the flop. I think this not only controls the pot size better but gives me a better feeling of what villain has when he either checks flop or reacts to my call on the flop. Yes I realize the fold is horriBAD 1.) I truly thought I was beat at the time given villain's general body language not that it means anything regarding whether I call or not. After I took my 20 minute break or so he seemed like a pretty average player betting when he had the goods and I don't think he ever got involved in a pot as big as that one again. (Again doesn't excuse the fold)2.) I was ready for a break and like it or not I made the moronic decision that I didnt want to lose the last 2 or 3 hours of grinding in one hand on the off chance of hitting a diamond.Yes I sometimes think completely irrationally and convince myself its what I want to do.
A lot of this is flawed thinking. The bolded is the biggest flaw imo. You don't bet for information. You bet for value/bluff/semibluff/protection. You do not bet for information. You get information from betting patterns/reads/bet sizing/player tendencies. So you in the course of a hand, a certain reaction to your bet may help you narrow his range but you didn't bet for information, you bet for value/bluff/semibluff/protection.
LOL...?Fist-pump-snap-shove turn.