Nba Playoffs Thread

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fun young team the bulls are. It will be interesting to see the way they develop in the years to come.
Just imagine if they traded Deng and some other stuff for Pau Gasol when they had the chance. I guess they probably wouldn't have Rose then, but you never know.
Having a 2-1 lead with game 4 at home is nice.Wade with 29pts 7 rebs, 8 asts, 4 blks WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
the Hawks are such garbage on the road! that was a jopke of a game.if James Jones and Jermaine Oneal keep playing well this could be over in 5. of course, Miami might revert to game 1 form at some point but I love how the Heat look right now......and ATL seems completely demoralized.

I should have bet the Cavs game today - I can't imagine Rasheed Wallace was psyched to play his ass off for the right to spend the next few days in ClevelandRasheed Wallace was scoreless, missing all seven of his shots, in what was probably his last game with the Pistons unless they make a stunning move and re-sign him as a free agent

I give up on figuring out what makes the Heat tick. They are either completely unstoppable on offense this series or woefully incompetent (with no in between). If you told me Miami kept Atlanta at 93 or less in all four games, I would have figured the series would be over.This one's going seven.edit: ok I just found out that Wade had back spasms which explains a lot. he looked completely lifeless out there, totally lethargic. I feel like he has a problem during the playoffs a lot. Emmitt Smith syndrome, perhaps. Oh well, I feel a bit better knowing this.

I didn't watch the nuggets-hornets game. but wow, 58 pt loss at home in a playoff game. any hornets fans in this thread care to comment
I'd like Jadaki specifically to reply. I know if a Lebron Jame's team had lost by 58 in a play off game, he'd use that as a reason to diminish Lebron's greatness. Do you think a loss like this diminishes chris paul?
I didn't watch the nuggets-hornets game. but wow, 58 pt loss at home in a playoff game. any hornets fans in this thread care to comment
I think all 6 of them just committed suicide. that was one of the worst playoff performances I can think of in recent memory...particularly since the Hornets are exactly chopped liver.
Aldridge is day-to-day and banged up, plus Roy is puking his guys out with the dreaded "Flu Like Symptoms".So ummm.. yeah.. I'm not about to cast stones at the Hornets cuz there's about a 5% chance Portland could be short a couple key cogs tomorrow... and it could get real, real ugly.
I'd like Jadaki specifically to reply. I know if a Lebron Jame's team had lost by 58 in a play off game, he'd use that as a reason to diminish Lebron's greatness. Do you think a loss like this diminishes chris paul?
I think if Lebron James's team lost by 58 in a playoff game, there would be 3 zebra-colored bodies floating in the East River.. Screw 58, you could easily lower it to 18 in that case.Nuggets are good, and Birdman/Nene/Martin are all healthy and protecting the paint. I may have to adopt them if the Blazers don't pull off the comeback. Cuz lord knows I can't root for the Lakers until the finals and all other WC options have been eliminated. :club:
I didn't see the game. I watched the Heat/Hawks and Lakers/Jazz games last night while jumping over to check on the Blackhawks. The Cavs would never get blown out by 58 because they play defense, it doesn't even have anything to do with Lebron. I'm pretty sure you put Paul on the Cavs roster and they don't lose by 58 either.
I didn't see the game. I watched the Heat/Hawks and Lakers/Jazz games last night while jumping over to check on the Blackhawks. The Cavs would never get blown out by 58 because they play defense, it doesn't even have anything to do with Lebron. I'm pretty sure you put Paul on the Cavs roster and they don't lose by 58 either.
Uh, it's not about putting Paul on the Cavs roster - it's about putting Paul on the Cavs roster instead of Lebron - face the issue don't avoid it

I thought this was pretty funnyLast night the Denver Nuggets beat the New Orleans Hornets by 58 points, 121-63. USA Today honored the biggest road blowout in NBA history with a short article on the back page of its sports section by Rachel Shuster, who wrote that "It might have been even more dominating, but (Carmelo) Anthony sat out the entire fourth quarter."Sounded logical to me until I looked at the box score and noticed that the Nuggets outscored the Hornets 33-13 in the fourth quarter. What, was Carmelo planning on shooting some 4 pointers before George Karl made him sit out the final period?

I've got 3 tickets to every Denver home playoff game, minus a potential Laker series. The only reason we have them is to go to the Laker games. Sec 120 Row 1. We're always looking to unload non-Laker games if you want to be part of Nugget fever.
I will seriously consider this if they aren't ridiculously priced.
Uh, it's not about putting Paul on the Cavs roster - it's about putting Paul on the Cavs roster instead of Lebron - face the issue don't avoid it
Either way, no one on the Hornets besides Paul plays defense except for Chandler occasionally. West & Peja play matador defense. Remember when Orlando blew the shit out of Cleveland earlier this year, it could have been that bad except the Cavs play better defense. It takes a team to stop someone from dropping 128 points on you, not one player.
I didn't even watch it. After a while I got bored and started flipping back and forth.
Either way, no one on the Hornets besides Paul plays defense except for Chandler occasionally. West & Peja play matador defense. Remember when Orlando blew the shit out of Cleveland earlier this year, it could have been that bad except the Cavs play better defense. It takes a team to stop someone from dropping 128 points on you, not one player.
what about the 63 points?How come whenever something happens bad to Paul or Wade its their teammates but when the Cavs get swept by the spurs it's Lebron?
what about the 63 points?How come whenever something happens bad to Paul or Wade its their teammates but when the Cavs get swept by the spurs it's Lebron?
Cavs never should have even been in the finals, if there was anything resembling a real team in the east that year they would not have been there.How come every time something bad happens to the Hornets or Heat you want to pin all the blame on Paul or Wade, but if the Cavs do something shitty its the horrid support cast and coaching?And the 63 points is just pathetic, but like I said I didn't watch that game so I don't know how/why it happened.
Cavs never should have even been in the finals, if there was anything resembling a real team in the east that year they would not have been there.How come every time something bad happens to the Hornets or Heat you want to pin all the blame on Paul or Wade, but if the Cavs do something shitty its the horrid support cast and coaching?And the 63 points is just pathetic, but like I said I didn't watch that game so I don't know how/why it happened.
Because I've seen all the games and it sure isn't ever LeBronPaul and Wade are great players but LeBron just had one of the greatest playoff series of all time - how about some props?Sorry for bringing the Lebron thread here again