Nba Playoffs Thread

LOL @ "Ankle"..... He was holding his knee, and they showed the trainer on the bench rubbing his knee... then all of a sudden he twisted an ankle. Right.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GG Dikembe Mutumbo. From the early days upsetting the Sonics w/ his 8 seed Nuggets to his years in Philly with those great Larry Brown teams, to his latter stints as a surprisingly useful and productive reserve big man.. He's been a class act and one of the best defensive big guys ever.Hats off to you, Dikembe.As a funny aside, while Harry Calas was indeed the voice of Philadelphia radio, you can't deny the fact that if Allen Iverson and Dikembe Mutumbo were involved in a radio interview, you could seriously tell your girlfriend it was Tone Loc and the Cookie Monster and she believed you... well.... that was truly special.It's kinda weird in a way... If it was Artest or Scola, or Wafer, I would have been jazzed or pumped (mainly cuz that's the haircut trifecta).. But it really felt like that was a Blazer being led down the isle exit into the locker room when they were helping him off the court. Hope he makes a full recovery, if only to not have to hobble around once retired.

I hope the Hawks lose now, letting a ****ing bird fly around during the game.
LOL that was pretty cheesy.Someone smarter than me is going to have to figure out what makes the Heat tick. Could not have looked worse in Game 1, played flawlessly for the first 35 minutes of Game 2 (and then held on tight). Daequan Cook shooting well makes them a completely different team.I am out of town for Game 3 which sucks (stupid weddings) but I am excited to go to Game 4 which will be pivotal no matter who wins Saturday.And boo to the NBA for these ridiculous breaks between games. Another two day layoff? Really?
LOL that was pretty cheesy.Someone smarter than me is going to have to figure out what makes the Heat tick. Could not have looked worse in Game 1, played flawlessly for the first 35 minutes of Game 2 (and then held on tight). Daequan Cook shooting well makes them a completely different team.I am out of town for Game 3 which sucks (stupid weddings) but I am excited to go to Game 4 which will be pivotal no matter who wins Saturday.And boo to the NBA for these ridiculous breaks between games. Another two day layoff? Really?
Travel day. I know they just had 2 days off as well, but it's better than playing in the daytime or something and nobody can see the games, or playing at the same time as more than one other game. I wanted to see the Portland game last night, but it was on at the same time as the Laker game so I couldn't. I don't like 2 days off if there's no travel day either, but I like it better than the alternatives.What makes them tick? Dwyane Wade. He didn't play a good game and they lost. Tonight, played well, and won. It might be like that, remember this is his first playoffs as their only go-to guy. If he's not shooting the ball well he's going to struggle in a playoff game, and if he doesn't have a great game they can't win.

I think Cooks outside contributions and O'Neal's inside contributions also play a large role in the Heat's success. It's no secret that if O'Neal and Cook are cold the Hawks can essentially form the wall around Wade that is so successfull in 7th grade girl's BBall. I don't think Beasley is really ready to be a playoff difference maker, especially against a team as long and speedy up front as the Hawks are. It's still anyone's series, and will probably go 6-7 games easy. It's a weird feeling.. I'd hate to put money against Wade, but i'd also hate to put money on Wade when he's doing so much each night just to keep it competitive.And yeah, the live Hawk flying around is a bit much, Atlanta.

I think Cooks outside contributions and O'Neal's inside contributions also play a large role in the Heat's success. It's no secret that if O'Neal and Cook are cold the Hawks can essentially form the wall around Wade that is so successfull in 7th grade girl's BBall. I don't think Beasley is really ready to be a playoff difference maker, especially against a team as long and speedy up front as the Hawks are. It's still anyone's series, and will probably go 6-7 games easy. It's a weird feeling.. I'd hate to put money against Wade, but i'd also hate to put money on Wade when he's doing so much each night just to keep it competitive.And yeah, the live Hawk flying around is a bit much, Atlanta.
yeah, it's not just about Wade making them tick......does his good game explain how Jermaine Oneal woke up from a coma to score 19 and block 4? Or how Cook finally found his stroke? in fairness, maybe the Heat role players feed off Wade completely. It is possible.This definitely feels like a 7 game series. Miami is too young/inconsistent to sweep all three at home.

Also, there has been a lot of Chris Paul love (especially from Jadaki) and rightfully so. He is awesome.But it is fair to point out that the Hornets are getting absolutely lit up by Chauncey Billups.Two games, 67 points, 12 assists, NO TURNOVERS.Thats pretty sick. Granted, the Nuggets are a better team......but they were only better once they got Billups. It is amazing how much he changed their team dynamic. Trading him for Iverson was one of the great all time steals. I dont think it is a coincidence that the Pistons have bottomed out. Dumars made a bad, bad trade.just sayin, Billups should get his due. Getting all those headcases in Denver to play together is quite a feat.

just sayin, Billups should get his due. Getting all those headcases in Denver to play together is quite a feat.
I'm a Nuggets fan and this point cannot be emphasized enough. Following them on a local level, you realize how truly desperate this team was for any sort of leader. AI was fun to watch but just didn't give a shit enough to do anything but get his points and be Melo's buddy. Melo, I'm convinced, will never lead any team. Great scorer, but he just doesn't seem to really care that much. JR Smith is another guy that is either really fun to watch or really frustrating. He can put up 45 off the bench one night and then go 1-13 the next. Either way, he's no leader either. Camby was a nice veteran presence but always just seemed content to quietly do his thing. Even George Karl seems to not really care what happens one way or the other. When the Nuggets lose a tough game his reaction always seems to be, more or less, a shrug of the shoulders and an, "Oh, well."But whatever Chauncey does/says in that locker room has worked. There's no telling how the season would have played out without him, but it certainly seemed like the Nuggets were a non-factor before the trade. Anyway, I'm not sure I've ever posted in the basketball forum before but once the playoffs roll around I always get pretty amped up. It's been nice to see the Nuggets make an unexpected run this year and, even though they don't stand a chance to make it out of the West, it's nice to see them actually doing well in the playoffs with a chance to advance.
just sayin, Billups should get his due. Getting all those headcases in Denver to play together is quite a feat.
Billups definitely has the one thing Paul is missing right now and that's playoff/big game experience. I always thought Billups was highly overrated in Detroit, in retrospect it appears I was wrong about his leadership skills.
Dumars made a bad, bad trade.just sayin, Billups should get his due. Getting all those headcases in Denver to play together is quite a feat.
Billups definitely has the one thing Paul is missing right now and that's playoff/big game experience. I always thought Billups was highly overrated in Detroit, in retrospect it appears I was wrong about his leadership skills.
Ok 2 points of interest here:1. ) Billups was yet another Rick Pitino draft bust.. Billups was at milk-carton status for his first *few* years in the league. One of the better late bloomers of our generation. 2. ) Iverson is off the books.. Remember that the trade was a freeroll for Detroit: Billups wasn't in their future, they needed to cut salary.. and if Iverson gave them anything, it was a bonus. (Note: Iverson didn't give them much). Stuckey and Maxiell were supposed to step up and take over this year. That's the real crime, not Iverson. Detroit wasn't winning a title this year, the trade changed little for their end. The fact that the trade sparked the Nuggets to new heights is a bonus to them.. It doesn't magically make it a lopsided trade. 2b. ) I always felt Billups was overrated in Detroit's success, too.. So yeah, I'll have a healthy chunk of the crow everyone's eating.
yeah, it's not just about Wade making them tick......does his good game explain how Jermaine Oneal woke up from a coma to score 19 and block 4? Or how Cook finally found his stroke? in fairness, maybe the Heat role players feed off Wade completely. It is possible.This definitely feels like a 7 game series. Miami is too young/inconsistent to sweep all three at home.
There's just too many variables.. Look at the Hawks:Bibby, Smith, Williams, Horford, Murray... Look at the Heat:O'Neal, Beasley, Cook, Moon, Haslem...There's 10 guys who play real minutes on both teams that you couldn't make any real accurate prediction of what they were going to accomplish that night w/ a cocked gun to your head.This series could be over in 5 or 7 either way.. who really knows? And yeah, they feed of Wade for sure, far moreso than Atlanta feeds off of Joe Johnson.Random question: Wth happened to James Jones this year? He was such a great reserve swing for Portland last year and he totally fell off the map in Miami? Is it just the staff thinking Beasley and Moon are the future and need the reps?
I'm a Nuggets fan and this point cannot be emphasized enough.
I've got 3 tickets to every Denver home playoff game, minus a potential Laker series. The only reason we have them is to go to the Laker games. Sec 120 Row 1. We're always looking to unload non-Laker games if you want to be part of Nugget fever.
Random question: Wth happened to James Jones this year? He was such a great reserve swing for Portland last year and he totally fell off the map in Miami? Is it just the staff thinking Beasley and Moon are the future and need the reps?
serious wrist injury which just killed him. Next year, he will be a much better asset if healthy. He should be the starter at the 3. The Heat's best lineup (imo) right now is Wade, Cook, Jones, Beasley, Haslem (smallball, ftw) but obviously that squad is never on the floor.
jermaine o'neal ruined the pacers, and he ruined toronto this year, i hope he ruins the heat, he is soft as butter
Jermaine ain't the Jermaine of old but he did make Top 5 in blocks/game this year
serious wrist injury which just killed him. Next year, he will be a much better asset if healthy. He should be the starter at the 3. The Heat's best lineup (imo) right now is Wade, Cook, Jones, Beasley, Haslem (smallball, ftw) but obviously that squad is never on the floor.
Yeah, that makes sense then.. Shame, too.. a legit spot up 3 point presence who brings it on D is the perfect low-maintanece compliment on offense to Wade. Perfect 4th Banana-type.

Wow Howard was clutch at the line and Young made a hell of a play to win it.Also, I'm pretty sure that first half was the worst basketball I've seen the Blazers play this year (I don't see them as much as Cappy, so whatever) and they are letting Scola look like an all star.

Wow Howard was clutch at the line and Young made a hell of a play to win it.Also, I'm pretty sure that first half was the worst basketball I've seen the Blazers play this year (I don't see them as much as Cappy, so whatever) and they are letting Scola look like an all star.
Yeah, Philly and Orlando has been one heckuva series so far.Houston's playing out of their heads. I think Adelman's lacing their gatorade with crack cocaine or something. Houston has been up for every game and brought it every time the whistle has blown. Portland's made a strong 3rd quarter comeback, so we'll see.. God we're streaky as hell.. damn kids...

I thought Portland took a lot of bad shots late. Travis Outlaw took a few and Blake took a few (he hit one of them) I totally agree that Portland is just so streaky. Should be a great series.