Nba Playoffs Thread

did you actually WATCH the Celtics-Bulls games? that was a great game!
yeah I WATCHED the game. It was somewhat entertaining obviously but I got bored. I'm not sure why.
  • Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I WATCHED the game. It was somewhat entertaining obviously but I got bored. I'm not sure why.
Because it's a star orientated, 1-1 league with no defense and refs playing far too large a part in proceedings in general?
Because you don't like watching basketball being played at its highest level?
Because it's a star orientated, 1-1 league with no defense and refs playing far too large a part in proceedings in general?
lol

The Rockets might be my new favorite team.I just love the defense that they play and the fact that they are so much better with McGrady not playing for them.Every team needs a Shane Battier

Yeah that could be it.
Because you don't like watching basketball being played at its highest level?
lol

when they call that foul on rondo with under 10 seconds left in the game off the ball, i dont think the officials are in favor of the C's

when they call that foul on rondo with under 10 seconds left in the game off the ball, i dont think the officials are in favor of the C's
Did you see the replay of that one ? He grabbed him around the shoulders and neck and they had no choice but to call it.I don't think there's any grand conspiracy by the league or officials but there is no question that for whatever reason certain players and teams overall get more of the calls going their way.
yeah but Rondo got away with a blatant charge into Tyrus Thomas just a little earlier. The Bulls had the lead and that charge would have ended the game. He literally gave Thomas a flying fore-arm shiver. And that was just one of a few bad calls. That Rondo foul on Rose with under 10 seconds was blatant too. He grabbed his jersey (and his whole arm). I didnt say the refs made every single call for the Celts. NBA refs dont throw games for teams.....but the 50/50 calls sometimes go all one way.....every time the Bulls were about to pull away Boston got a call. I thought it was pretty blatant.And when Wade is getting all the calls in game 7 in Atlanta I will be fine with it. Thats the NBA, the stars and the champs get the benefit of the doubt.
This Hawks crowd is crazy, it's like they just dumped all the tickets over the ghetto's last night. How did all these people afford playoff tickets?
sadly, if they make a run the good fans will eventually get priced out like in Golden state a couple years back.nice of Miami to lay an egg to start the playoffs. worst half they have played in a long time......and Wade went on tilt because he thought he wasnt getting any calls. ugh.
You guys see who was at the Celtics game on Saturday..
:club: So far the worst reffing I've seen in the opening games was the Nuggets/Hornets game, Paul was constantly getting raped and no call.

if you told me two road teams won Game 1 in the Eastern Conference......I would have said, nice job Miami! Sigh.Orlando looked terrible. Boston looked old. Maybe we were all wrong about some things.....but it was just one game.

Don't let Paul's antics fool you, he's one of the best floppers in the league.
He was getting drilled every time he came around a pick or took anything resembling a step to the lane. Martin should have gotten a flagrant for the swing at his head. I didn't realize the Nuggets were capable of playing like that.

Wow.. I sure can't wait till June hits and the *second* round of the playoffs start.You always forget how ridiculously long the NBA drags out the first round until playoff time starts and you begin the nightmare all over again.

what an incredible game.
Agreed. The battle between the PG's is amazing right now (and by amazing I mean hardly any defense to speak of). I hope Rondo's ankle is okay so we can see every fantasy basketballers wet dream continue.And wow Ben Gordon tonight, he probably had about 3 open shots all game. Sick sick sick.