Want To Know Where Fcp Stands

Should Marijuana Be Legal  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Legalization of Marijuana

• Yes
    • No

It seems that this debate comes up quite frequently and I am just trying to put some numbers to this question.I for one see it as a good thing. How about the rest of you?EDIT: OMG i am trying to make this a poll and apparently ISAL so if anyone else can do it then I would appreciate it. Also, mods, if someone does make the poll can you delete this thread.Thanks.EDIT2: Thanks to Governator, I have a poll with this now.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marijuana should be legalized and treated like alcohol, cigarettes, and gambling./thread.

Marijuana should be legalized and treated like alcohol, cigarettes, and gambling./thread.
Agree

This just in;Marijuanda is now legal.A dime bag now cost $37.50 for taxes and licensing fees for dealers.You are not allowed to smoke insideThere is a bill on the floor of the Califonia assembly to raise the taxes to $2 per joint to pay for children's healthcareThe war on drugs costs have remained the same since pot was only one of many illegal drugs being sold, the police are now just focusing on different areas.Crime rates have remained the same or gone up in high pot smoking areas.Harder drugs use is now on the uprise.The sale of Twinkies has reach an all time high...high get it..

This just in;Marijuanda is now legal.A dime bag now cost $37.50 for taxes and licensing fees for dealers.You are not allowed to smoke insideThere is a bill on the floor of the Califonia assembly to raise the taxes to $2 per joint to pay for children's healthcareThe war on drugs costs have remained the same since pot was only one of many illegal drugs being sold, the police are now just focusing on different areas.Crime rates have remained the same or gone up in high pot smoking areas.Harder drugs use is now on the uprise.The sale of Twinkies has reach an all time high...high get it..
LMAO @ this.
This just in;Marijuanda is now legal.A dime bag now cost $37.50 for taxes and licensing fees for dealers.There is a bill on the floor of the Califonia assembly to raise the taxes to $2 per joint to pay for children's healthcareThe sale of Twinkies has reach an all time high...high get it..
edited out the stuff that isn't realisticseriously though, cigs and booze need to be illegal if we're not allowing the gd hippies to smoke weed.

**** the hippies,but seriously, you don't think that if people start using a low grade drug they wont be curious to see what more powerful stuff does?

**** the hippies,but seriously, you don't think that if people start using a low grade drug they wont be curious to see what more powerful stuff does?
Nope. It's also a total misconception to think of these drugs as differing on some axis where marijuana is "low grade" and cocaine/heroin are "more powerful". They are entirely different substances and the factors that drive people to use them, while they have some small overlap, are largely independent. The evidence does not support the "gateway drug" theory.
nationalism
Nationalist politicians do not want to relax the laws on illegal drugs. I take the libertarian view on this issue. Also, a lot of lives are lost merely due to the illegality of the drugs('war on drugs' and gang wars) compared to the deaths that the drugs directly cause.

This is a fiscal issue and as such the enforcement of the laws banning marjuana have been a dismal failure. There is virtually no diminishment in marajuana usage as a result of them plus our courts and prisons are full of people convicted of drug possession when they should be reserved for people who are actually a detriment to society

Nope. It's also a total misconception to think of these drugs as differing on some axis where marijuana is "low grade" and cocaine/heroin are "more powerful". They are entirely different substances and the factors that drive people to use them, while they have some small overlap, are largely independent. The evidence does not support the "gateway drug" theory.
Agree with this generally, and there seems to be some thinking that alcohol is in fact a bigger 'gateway' drug than weed.
Are you trying to imply that people don't now use Marijuana?
Are you trying to imply that people don't now use Marijuana?
Practically nobody. And they all end up on coke and crack.
According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, in 2006, 14.8 million Americans age 12 or older used marijuana at least once in the month prior to being surveyed, which is similar to the 2005 rate. About 6,000 people a day in 2006 used marijuana for the first time—2.2 million Americans. Of these, 63.3 percent were under age 18.***...An estimated 2.4 million Americans were current (past-month) users of cocaine; 702,000 were current users of crack.
Seriously, I can't think of a single great person who has smoked pot. Oh, except for every decent musician in the last 60 years, actors, artists, writers, guys who win EIGHT fucking gold medals in one Olympics, and the last three Presidents (including the current). Buncha slackers.
but seriously, you don't think that if people start using a low grade drug they wont be curious to see what more powerful stuff does?
Actually Yes, I agree with this. I started out with coffee in my early teens and that seemed to give me a nice jittery feeling in the morning. Then I discovered cigarettes when I was 16. Man was that good. There is nothing better than coffee and a cigarette at 7am on a saturday morning. Then about 17 I found out about alchohol. That was great as well. So then I could get drunk at night and wake up to cigarettes and coffee. I'm so glad that coffee was around to eventually lead me to alchohol.
I'm so glad that coffee was around to eventually lead me to alchohol.
QFT

legalizing pot is the biggest no-brainer on the planet. it is impossible to make a valid argument that pot is any worse than alcohol. We spend so much money on enforcement, court costs, jail costs.....and now we have massive jail overcrowding. I disagree with Balloon Guy that pot prices will go up. If it was legalized I think it would go down because it would be easier to supply. Or it would stay the same with the taxes thrown in.

legalizing pot is the biggest no-brainer on the planet. it is impossible to make a valid argument that pot is any worse than alcohol. We spend so much money on enforcement, court costs, jail costs.....and now we have massive jail overcrowding. I disagree with Balloon Guy that pot prices will go up. If it was legalized I think it would go down because it would be easier to supply. Or it would stay the same with the taxes thrown in.
Not to mention that for anyone with a handful of soil and some water the price goes down to zero.
Well at first you will need new farms in America to supply the arguably large demand, which takes some time to ramp up. Short supply equals higher prices.Then you have RJ Reynolds etc getting into the joint pack business, which means marketing packaging etc. FDA will need to create a standard for testing to prevent toxics etc because of a bill by the senator in RJ Reynolds pocket, so the guy on the street will not be able to sell direct. This also will cut out the mexican pot growers who won't be able to meet the no ethyl bromide laws.Add in the government's desire to punish smokers in general, you think pot smokers are going to avoid that target on their backs?So now you have Joe Blow growing a nice plant in the backyard, that gets ripped off by local kids when the buds start looking good, kind of like how it is now. Alcohol was illegal, people made bathtub gin etc, and now you pay considerablly more for a bottle of gin. Bringing a vice out of the dark hasn't made it cheaper yet...I equate this to the people who think when the government gets involved with making online poker legal that the rakes are going to stay the same.The only real winners will be hydro farming suppy companiesand Sarah Lee

I went to Costco the other day and they had a box of strawberries. I was in the mood for strawberries but I didn't think I needed the whole box, but then I thought "Hey, I like Strawberry Jam maybe I should try to make some". So I gathered all the ingredients ... Strawberries, Sugar, and Fruit Pectin ... mixed them all together and now I have about 48 oz of strawberry jam. I tried some this morning and it was delicious. It cost about $10 to make. Here's the thing though. I could get the same thing at the store for roughly $12 (organic).The same would be true if Marijuana was legal. There would be the people that would cultivate and use the stuff. But for the majority of the people it would be too much work and they would want someone else to do the dirty work. Enter Phillip Morris. Tell me that they wouldn't be the first ones to jump on this be able to turn a profit. They already have all the cigarette making ability so all they would have to do is change the plant. We could have MJ packs in less than a month after it was legal. All taxable and everyone would gravitate towards that because it is easy.I'm not sure what this has to do with anything really, it was a more a brag post that I have some awesome strawberry Jam!

Well at first you will need new farms in America to supply the arguably large demand, which takes some time to ramp up. Short supply equals higher prices.Then you have RJ Reynolds etc getting into the joint pack business, which means marketing packaging etc. FDA will need to create a standard for testing to prevent toxics etc because of a bill by the senator in RJ Reynolds pocket, so the guy on the street will not be able to sell direct. This also will cut out the mexican pot growers who won't be able to meet the no ethyl bromide laws.Add in the government's desire to punish smokers in general, you think pot smokers are going to avoid that target on their backs?So now you have Joe Blow growing a nice plant in the backyard, that gets ripped off by local kids when the buds start looking good, kind of like how it is now. Alcohol was illegal, people made bathtub gin etc, and now you pay considerablly more for a bottle of gin. Bringing a vice out of the dark hasn't made it cheaper yet...I equate this to the people who think when the government gets involved with making online poker legal that the rakes are going to stay the same.The only real winners will be hydro farming suppy companiesand Sarah Lee
Oh BG, you're so old school sometimes. I think you're so off base here it's alarming, and I think your generation equates all narcotics on the same level and that's totally unjustified. Not a big deal though, guess we won't ever share a joint. You remind me of my grandpa, who told my sister not to marry a black guy. He just doesn't know any better.