Why Am I Forced To Pay A School Tax

I received my statement for personal property tax and was looking at the itemized fee's.I could accept all charges except for school tax and something they were calling a county logistics feeSo I go into pay and ask the lady behind the counter "so how is it that I have to pay school taxes and I dont even have kids". Her respone is pretty quick as she pops off with "ya went to public school growing updidntcha". I told her that I went to a private school and waited for her next reply. She had nothing but trying to tossa guilt trip on me like I was not for the county and its interest.call me a cheap bastard but I believe if you dont use something you should not be responsible for its funding.am I way off on this way of thinking. Whats the argument for say NASA, I know some of my federal tax ends up in their pocket. I use google earth, do I submit to taxes for the government controlled space agencybecause of that.and the other special secret tax that is worded just as cryptic as the stuff on your phone billshe had no answer for that one. I didnt even push the issue. I just paid and paid until she said stop

I received my statement for personal property tax and was looking at the itemized fee's.I could accept all charges except for school tax and something they were calling a county logistics feeSo I go into pay and ask the lady behind the counter "so how is it that I have to pay school taxes and I dont even have kids". Her respone is pretty quick as she pops off with "ya went to public school growing updidntcha". I told her that I went to a private school and waited for her next reply. She had nothing but trying to tossa guilt trip on me like I was not for the county and its interest.call me a cheap bastard but I believe if you dont use something you should not be responsible for its funding.am I way off on this way of thinking. Whats the argument for say NASA, I know some of my federal tax ends up in their pocket. I use google earth, do I submit to taxes for the government controlled space agencybecause of that.and the other special secret tax that is worded just as cryptic as the stuff on your phone billshe had no answer for that one. I didnt even push the issue. I just paid and paid until she said stop
So you would rather live in a town full of half functioning retards than chip in towards schools? Your grandparents probably didn't directly use the military either but part of their taxes went to pay for that and it's the reason half the globe doesn't sprechin sie or say domo. Yours is a decidedly "free rider" approach and can be problematic at best.

dude, it's the government. they know what's best for you. just accept it.edit: but wait, really? have you watched the news in the past month? education tax? yeah, the phrase "least of your worries" comes to mind. get ready son.

dude, it's the government. they know what's best for you. just accept it.edit: but wait, really? have you watched the news in the past month? education tax? yeah, the phrase "least of your worries" comes to mind. get ready son.
A-fucking-men.. School tax bothers ya? Try socialized medicine on for size... Yikes.

suited aces, you should change your name to mouth full of piss and brains of shiti paid the damn tax, have always paid taxes i never went to public schools and do not have kids, will never have kids and yet i pay the school taxi am not happy about it but i do itthen i talk about it here and have to also put up with you running your hole calling me a **** i will ewhip your ass right here and now, i just bought a new laptop so i think i can take you, but you will more than likely call your minions in for the event and sit back and think you have won this so gargle your piss and keep shitting out those thoughts and comments

okay , i have thought about it some and decided to take back the mouth full of piss part , i stand by the other , it does have a nice ring to it

i have a similar problem. In the last couple years, my property taxes have gone up due to sewer maintenance. Apparently they have to replace all of the old sewers in the neighbourhood, which is fine. Well, one day while paying my hydro/water bill, i notice an additonal $45 attached to the bill. I call the company and it turns out its a sewer maintenance fee, because all the sewers in the neighbourhood need replacing. Now, i'm pretty sure that's why my taxes went up and i paid that, so why is it that i'm being charged another monthly fee for this. Not to mention, in the 3 years i've been paying this additional fee i haven't seen ANYBODY fixing a sewer within 10 miles of my house, nor has the city filed for any kind of work permit to do such maintenace. They hydro company's explanation was "we only collect it on behalf of the city, you have to call them to answer your questions". WTF????i also don't have kids but pay a school tax.

Chances that K_dense either does already or will in his old age stand on his porch clutching perhaps a rake or a shovel and yelling at the damn neighborhood kids to show some respect like they did in his day and to get a damn haircut and get a job: 100%.

Chances that K_dense either does already or will in his old age stand on his porch clutching perhaps a rake or a shovel and yelling at the damn neighborhood kids to show some respect like they did in his day and to get a damn haircut and get a job: 100%.
wow tim, you just made me realize that i very well could be turning into my stepfatherhe is dead now but he was that guy standing on the porch. Only it wasnt a rake or shovel he waved aroundit was his red coned flashlight he used on his part time security guard jobthere were many occasions where he would be out there holding court and sometimes he had to hollerat one of us boys to go get his badge ~ cause sometimes the flashlight just wasnt enoughyou just opened my eyes to my possible futureand it is sad

I just E-filed my taxes... it cost me over $20,000 to be an American last year... nobody likes taxes but if you can find a better country to live in .. you should go there. (That's not a smart ass remark...I'm serious. I've been looking myself)Canada is the only choice I see but it's cold as hell and they have a retarded medical system ...one that the US is surely going to try out soon.Oh...and Grocery_Mony is there.... that alone scares me.Ireland looked good but it's expensive. I live in the possibly the best area of the US when it comes to affordable homes compared to most of the country.... you can get a nice house for around $200,000 and a really nice one for $275-300.I bet if we knew all the things our tax dollars went for... we would be more upset than having to pay for a school system that you don't use.

wow tim, you just made me realize that i very well could be turning into my stepfatherhe is dead now but he was that guy standing on the porch. Only it wasnt a rake or shovel he waved aroundit was his red coned flashlight he used on his part time security guard jobthere were many occasions where he would be out there holding court and sometimes he had to hollerat one of us boys to go get his badge ~ cause sometimes the flashlight just wasnt enoughyou just opened my eyes to my possible futureand it is sad
Well I didn't mean to bring you down, I was just making a joke. But come on, think of the children!!! Don't you think the children are our future? That we should teach them well and let them lead the way? Show them all the beauty they possess inside? And give them a sense of pride to make it easier. Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be, and if I fail, if I succeed, at least I live what I believe, and no matter what they take from me, they can't take away my dig-ni-ty! Sorry I got carried away, but you get the point.

OP you can quit tryingThe Treasury Secretary's posisiton has already been filled.But if it makes you feels better you can request file a 1040 long form with a CB6-1-1867CA Request riderThis allows you to request all your taxes go directly for the purchase of cluster bombs for the future war with Canada.It only takes a few minutes of your time.

OP you can quit tryingThe Treasury Secretary's posisiton has already been filled.But if it makes you feels better you can request file a 1040 long form with a CB6-1-1867CA Request riderThis allows you to request all your taxes go directly for the purchase of cluster bombs for the future war with Canada.It only takes a few minutes of your time.
Are Prime Minister could kick your presidents bony assstephen-harper-kitten1.jpgDont let the kitten let you lapse into a false state of security, he later bit its head off.
Are Prime Minister could kick your presidents bony assstephen-harper-kitten1.jpgDont let the kitten let you lapse into a false state of security, he later bit its head off.
Got to admit, you guys definetely pwn us in this catagory.