Im Taking On Students (mtt)

I am interested in starting a training course for people wishing to improve their MTT game. This will be the first time I have taught in a structured course, but I have worked with people on an individual basis in the past. Since I am a new instructor and long-time member of FCP, I would like to extend a price to FCP’ers that will be much more affordable than looking through other sites. The training will be in-depth and cover all aspects of tournament play. Cost of the program will be $800. This may sound expensive, but I believe that you will get a very fair price based on what I can offer, compared to other trainings out there. If you have questions about payment, let me know. The training is intended for any level of MTT player looking to improve their game. The focus will be on NLHE online tournaments. The first program I am going to run will be five weeks long,. It might take 6-7 weeks to get done (I will be on vacation in Europe), but there will be five weeks of training. A training group will consist of 4-5 students. While additional features could be added, joining my program will guarantee you the following during your training period:• 5 weeks of Sunday tournament sessions/sweating. You will need Teamviewer and Skype, both of which are available on PC and Mac, and are free, for this part of the training. Training will begin at approximately 12:45 EST and last all day. During this time, you will be able to view hole cards and observe my play in various Sunday tournaments. I will be available on Skype to discuss my thought process during certain hands, and approaches to certain tournaments. Students are welcome to come and go as they please during these sessions, but I will be available for the entire day, as long as I am playing. You may also discuss situations/spots with me during this time.• 5-6 “classroom” lessons where the whole group is involved and we discuss certain types of hands, situations or concepts. These sessions will typically last 1-2 hours., based on the conversation and questions. I will also invite other successful MTT’ers that I know to join our sessions when they can and to discuss concepts with the group. Since I do not have control over their schedules, I cannot guarantee who will be available and when, but several people I know have expressed interest in joining the sessions when they can. Examples of some sessions are: Closing, Reshoving, BvB play, Short Stack play, Different stack sizes, etc• I will analyze and take notes on one full hand history a week for each group member. I will send the HH and my notes out to every group member. • We will have a listserv for the group where we can send anything interesting we can read (article, video you recommend, AIM conversation, ideas). The listserv can also be used for constructive feedback on how I can improve the training program.• I will try to maintain an ongoing chat room for the group so we can always have a place to talk about anything or just go over some hands. Whenever I am online, I will try to be accessible for these chats, though students are welcome to chat with each other even when I am not there.As stated before, you will want Skype and Teamviewer, which are both available for free on Mac and PC. You must be 18 years old to join the training. Poker Tracker 3/Hold Em Manager are both encouraged but not required. I would like to get to know people more before I select the first group of students. If you are not selected this time, don’t worry. I hope to be able to train more students down the road. If you wouldn’t mind answering the questions below via PM, this will help me get to know you a little better:What is your name?How old are you?Where do you live? What are your online names?What do you usually play (games, buyin, live/online)? How much time per week on average do you spend playing? How much time per week on average do you spend studying the game? What do you consider the best aspects of your game? What do you consider to be your biggest leaks? Why do you want to join this program? What else do you want to tell me about yourself?Also, I will be in Europe from the 10th until the 22nd. I am not totally sure what my schedule will be like but let’s just assume I will not be able to do any training program work during this time. Would you guys rather start this Sunday and get 2 weeks in and then finish up after I get back or just wait until I get back? Let me know in your PM.Remember, you will get out what you put in. I will be accepting applications until Saturday morning.Cheers,MikeEdit: Also, if I did not respond to your first PM and you are still interested please send another one with the questions answered. Thanks

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, sorry thought I had included that. It is not free however the pricing I will be offering will be a unbelievable deal.
on a scale of 1-10 (10 being dead serious) how serious is this post
Yes, sorry thought I had included that. It is not free however the pricing I will be offering will be a unbelievable deal.
please post ALL details (price, timeline, your level of commitment, etc) before this turns in to another s7s drama bomb thread tbh I'm surprised that fcp allows coaching for fee threads, given that they've shied away from pretty much anything involving funds, transfers, selling stuff, etc
please post ALL details (price, timeline, your level of commitment, etc) before this turns in to another s7s drama bomb thread tbh I'm surprised that fcp allows coaching for fee threads, given that they've shied away from pretty much anything involving funds, transfers, selling stuff, etc
And that whole poker VT thing
I think it's different than when someone is clearly using the forums for money making purposes. I have been here for a while and am just trying to help out the community and make some money on the side. I cannot post the price and timeline because I plan on it being individualized for everyone. I do not feel that everyone is going to want to partake in every service I am offering and they mihgt not want to pay for a long period of time. people prob want to see how it goes...if theyndont like it than they can stop and if people really like it we can set up a long term deal...I'll speak more on this stuff laterfor the ppl who pmed me, I will get back to u later today cuz it's tough to pm on iPhone..

sigh...I don't care one way or the other. I'm sure you're doing it for the right reasons (just as steve was), and I don't doubt your integrity (just as I didn't doubt steve's)...I'm just trying to prevent this from either getting locked (as steve's did eventually) or turning in to a retarded thread that accuses you of using your status on the forum to recruit people for your own personal financial gain (as steve's did...)See where I'm going with this?Full disclosure is/should be required in any of these threads if they're to be allowed.

sigh...I don't care one way or the other. I'm sure you're doing it for the right reasons (just as steve was), and I don't doubt your integrity (just as I didn't doubt steve's)...I'm just trying to prevent this from either getting locked (as steve's did eventually) or turning in to a retarded thread that accuses you of using your status on the forum to recruit people for your own personal financial gain (as steve's did...)See where I'm going with this?Full disclosure is/should be required in any of these threads if they're to be allowed.
ppl were interested in this...when I posted it in the other thread I said right away I would be charging money. not everyone saw the other talks of it in the old thread so I created a new thread and forgot to post that it was not free...like I said if u are at all interested then pm me to discuss stuff...I posted what I was offering, it isn't a huge group thing [some stuff is individualized] so prices will not be the samewhat I am offering is going to be at a great price, I'm not looking to dick ppl over..I'm not gonna charge 400 an hour like the idiots on pokerpwnage...
ppl were interested in this...when I posted it in the other thread I said right away I would be charging money. not everyone saw the other talks of it in the old thread so I created a new thread and forgot to post that it was not free...like I said if u are at all interested then pm me to discuss stuff...I posted what I was offering, it isn't a huge group thing [some stuff is individualized] so prices will not be the samewhat I am offering is going to be at a great price, I'm not looking to dick ppl over..I'm not gonna charge 400 an hour like the idiots on pokerpwnage...
No offense NNB, but you have a core problem with your advertisement skills. You cant tell a customer that you do not know when the classroom time would be. If you are so busy that you cant guarantee a whopping one hour a week to your customers, then you should probably not be offering this. You seem like a great MTT player and I was going to be interested in this, but your sales pitch, well, sucks. I mean who really wants to go through your HHs? So we end up "paying" for the privilege of talking online and maybe a class per week, when it happens to be convenient for you.
He's not a scammarrrrr
I would seriously like to know your credentialsI know you play big stakes
Me too!!
No offense NNB, but you have a core problem with your advertisement skills. You cant tell a customer that you do not know when the classroom time would be. If you are so busy that you cant guarantee a whopping one hour a week to your customers, then you should probably not be offering this. You seem like a great MTT player and I was going to be interested in this, but your sales pitch, well, sucks. I mean who really wants to go through your HHs? So we end up "paying" for the privilege of talking online and maybe a class per week, when it happens to be convenient for you.
looooooolWhether his sales pitch sucks or not I don't think matters here. I would highly recommend to anyone who wants to learn more and get better at MTTs take advantage of this. I'm pretty sure that whatever the cost is won't matter as it will pay itself off.As to the bolded portion, pretty sure that NNB plays alot of MTTs throughout the week and he will allow you to ghost him and ask questions about hands. You'd be surprised at how much you learn by watching and asking questions and having him go over your HHs.On a side note, will someone else be helping you out? Will there be other coaches involved?
I suspect that NNB is getting a pretty strong response, notwithstanding his advertising. I would also point out that he indicated that he would commit to allocating an hour or two each week to classroom sessions, just that he can't guarantee when that time will be each week. His profession is playing poker, I would think you would appreciate the fact that his schedule is varied. Also, going through a successful player's hand histories seems like it would be very beneficial, and is, in fact, a method by which many players learn. You are right that NNB could have given more info: i.e. price ranges, what the top-dollar gets and what a basic package would be, but I don't think he was trying to scam anyone, so criticizing his "advertisement skills" seems fairly redundant.*note that my criticisms of other training programs are not at all inconsistent with my position here.
mike is a good player. gla to signs up, you will get a good coach.
+1.I'm hoping something is available still when I'm done w/ classes in the spring, because I definitely don't have the time/money right now to invest in this coaching. GLA!
Look, Im not gonna lie to you guys for advertising purposes. Taking on students is not my priority right now (i know that sounds bad, but it doesnt mean I am not gonna put in tons of effort into helping you guys); my school and family and social life will come first. That does not mean I am not going to give this my all. Once something is setup its not like im gonna flake to go to a party. I also do not know what days I will have tests on and such so far in advance. I obviously am not in this to steal your guys monney so you will get more than what you paid for. If for whatever reason people have a problem with my training and do not feel what they are getting what they paid for than I will make sure to do whatever I can to help to fix that. I also need to see what other peoples schedules are like before I setup the group lessons.I have a core problem with my advertisement skills? I am not trying to heavily advertise this. I told people the services I will be offering. If they are interested, then cool!!! If it doesnt appeal to you, then oh well...no need to come in here and tell us that you are not interested, because I can guarantee I can improve people. Most likely, I will not be too busy and I will be able to do a "whopping" one hour a week for the classroom lessons. However, I will be gone for approx a week in a half in Europe over spring break and I doubt I will be able to do a lesson then (will still be able to skype during sessions go over hand histories, etc). If I miss a week of classroom lessons or whatever it is, oh no!! This isnt some program where everything has to fit into a certain period. We will just make up for it next week.As for the 2nd part...I mean who really wants to go through my HHS?? Clearly you have the mentality of someone not willing to work hard to improve yourself. Going through my hand histories would be a pretty valuable tool imo. Ya maybe it might take you a few hours to watch all the hands and write down comments for me to look over and explain, but oh no, we wouldnt want to spend a few hours to get better. And no, you would not be paying for either of these things. Talking to me on aim and letting you look over my hand histories would obviously be just an added benefit of working with me.I have gotten an overwhelming amount of PMs so far. I have two tests tomorrow that I need to study for so I will try to get around to responding to these sometime later today after I get some studying done.
He's not a scammarrrrr
mike is a good player. gla to signs up, you will get a good coach.
thanks guys
Me too!!looooooolWhether his sales pitch sucks or not I don't think matters here. I would highly recommend to anyone who wants to learn more and get better at MTTs take advantage of this. I'm pretty sure that whatever the cost is won't matter as it will pay itself off.As to the bolded portion, pretty sure that NNB plays alot of MTTs throughout the week and he will allow you to ghost him and ask questions about hands. You'd be surprised at how much you learn by watching and asking questions and having him go over your HHs.On a side note, will someone else be helping you out? Will there be other coaches involved?
Im thinking about this...i have had some people express interest in helping out at times, so maybe Ill just have some sickos come on from time to time to help out.
I suspect that NNB is getting a pretty strong response, notwithstanding his advertising. I would also point out that he indicated that he would commit to allocating an hour or two each week to classroom sessions, just that he can't guarantee when that time will be each week. His profession is playing poker, I would think you would appreciate the fact that his schedule is varied. Also, going through a successful player's hand histories seems like it would be very beneficial, and is, in fact, a method by which many players learn. You are right that NNB could have given more info: i.e. price ranges, what the top-dollar gets and what a basic package would be, but I don't think he was trying to scam anyone, so criticizing his "advertisement skills" seems fairly redundant.*note that my criticisms of other training programs are not at all inconsistent with my position here.
ttyty for the positive remarks...I mainly just wanted to talk to people and tell them what I have to offer and see what they are interested in that and let them know the price I would be offering....but, ya maybe i can create some "packages" or what not in the next few days
+1.I'm hoping something is available still when I'm done w/ classes in the spring, because I definitely don't have the time/money right now to invest in this coaching. GLA!
ya, we will see how stuff goes. Hopefully I am enjoying myself and people are learning a lot and enjoying themselves too. I probably will have to take a hiatus over the series though and resume after it.
was that 109r? how bout the 57o 4ball in the ftops 1k v qq? 0o0o
I thought it was 98o in the FTOPS 1k. Then GMJ said something like, "NNB, you realize that the rebuy period is over right?"