• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im suprised tom didn't bet his eight for value
I don't think he bet because he knew he just made a big OOPS!! against Howard and he got lucky.
I don't think he bet because he knew he just made a big OOPS!! against Howard and he got lucky.
or because by the river he had showdown value against the biggest part of HL's range and wanted to show the 86o. making a big OOPS and getting lucky would probably call for a bet from most to avoid showdown...
or because by the river he had showdown value against the biggest part of HL's range and wanted to show the 86o. making a big OOPS and getting lucky would probably call for a bet from most to avoid showdown...
I think he knew he was ahead when the 8 hit and was just embarrassed that he caught the turn. I really don't think he wanted to show the 86o. I mean, he checked the flop and the turn and even the river.
I think he knew he was ahead when the 8 hit and was just embarrassed that he caught the turn. I really don't think he wanted to show the 86o. I mean, he checked the flop and the turn and even the river.
are you leveling me?
all in preflopHoward - KK
Obviously a lie.In other news I thought Durr played the hand perfect. I mean with the play pf, Tom is betting the turn 100% with a non 8, 6, A or K.

GSN was cancelled by my cable provider, so I'm stuck scouring the internets for HSP. Got the first 24 minutes of ep10 on youtube. Now I'm tilty. Did Laak pay Dwan off in the J10v88 hand?

Must be nice to have durr's luck and then when he doesn't get the cards they still believe he does have them. Love the Phil Laak vs Durr hand it was awesome. I can't believe Laak was stupid enough to go beyond the turn, yet his logic thoughts and Durrs response was so lol. The whole table knew he was done for.

Must be nice to have durr's luck and then when he doesn't get the cards they still believe he does have them. Love the Phil Laak vs Durr hand it was awesome. I can't believe Laak was stupid enough to go beyond the turn, yet his logic thoughts and Durrs response was so lol. The whole table knew he was done for.
I really think Laak is a great player, but he over thought too much that hand. He thought that Durr was making it look like a high level bluff , veiled by an obvious smallish value bet on a scary board.
I really think Laak is a great player, but he over thought too much that hand. He thought that Durr was making it look like a high level bluff , veiled by an obvious smallish value bet on a scary board.
ya but that small bet was a fish in for sure, and his response when Laak show him the 10h and asked do you still want me to call he said yah knownily Phil didn't have the straight flush cause he would of gone with a all in raise.
ya but that small bet was a fish in for sure, and his response when Laak show him the 10h and asked do you still want me to call he said yah knownily Phil didn't have the straight flush cause he would of gone with a all in raise.
i thought phil laak showed him both of his cards that he had the flush, but I'm not positive

Just watched this weeks ep, does anyone believe that Antonius has never read a poker book?

Just watched this weeks ep, does anyone believe that Antonius has never read a poker book?
I believe he has never read an instruction book to the game. That was an awesome hand between Dwan and Antonius. I just loved the response from Dwan when Patrick showed the card.
I believe he has never read an instruction book to the game. That was an awesome hand between Dwan and Antonius. I just loved the response from Dwan when Patrick showed the card.
Yeah good chance he may not have read a book. But I say he has had to have talked to people about hands o That hand between Dwan & Patrick was really good.

Do you think there will be a big pot between Laak & Sam Simon? I would love to see the dynamics at work there. I notice that Gabe and AJ fail to mention the Tilly connection there. Is it supposed to be some big secret?I don't know which episodes are currently airing as I have them DVR'd and don't always watch them in order, but the last episode I saw, Sam Simon folded every hand - he was totally card dead.Love this show but thought the push-up episode was a waste of 40 minutes and made me ever more appreciative of DVR.

GSN was cancelled by my cable provider, so I'm stuck scouring the internets for HSP. Got the first 24 minutes of ep10 on youtube. Now I'm tilty. Did Laak pay Dwan off in the J10v88 hand?
You can check it for yourself. The below link has the full episodes from YouTube, usually on the Mondays after the shows air:http://alwaysbluff.com/poker/videos/high-s...-full-episodes/

DN gets out flopped on every hand as usual, but I really hated his check raise with the KJ.Oh and the Durrr Laak hand had me laughing pretty hard.

He c/r the flop with overs + FD which is understandable vs. Dwan then the turn went check/check. Dwan is disgusting though. I think he knew Laak had the flush so he bet really small to get him to call.
He c/r the flop with overs + FD which is understandable vs. Dwan then the turn went check/check. Dwan is disgusting though. I think he knew Laak had the flush so he bet really small to get him to call.
Funny sig., I cracked up.