Hey Fatties

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao and thank god I am fixed

Missing the point. I didn't call you out. I referenced you because I know you are fired up to lose weight right now. You are actually the reason I made this thread. I don't want a bet, I was looking for suggestions, thought this might interest you, guess not.
Jesus man, haven't you figured me out yet? Most of that was tongue in cheek. But it all comes from within and you did reference needing motivation via this board, a friend or whatever. Bottom line, either you want it or you don't. It truly is a struggle every day to go to that gym, but you just have to want to be thinner more than you want to be lazy. That's my struggle. It's all good. Seriously, go back, read a few of my posts. You'll figure it all out.
If you just believe that bolded line then you are a bigger fool. Knowing it and doing something about with out the motivation will not make you obtain your goals.
Umm, Hey there, we've never really chatted before. I used to be kind of a big deal around here. You don't know shit about shit apparently. You're wrong, from the feedback you get from most people, I'd guess that you're used to reading that.I know what works for me. Good day.I SAID GOOD DAY!

I need to lose weight tooI am ashamed of how bad my self control has becomeI used to fast 1-3 days a week.Since then I've put on 100 pounds..270 now 6'5"I keep planning on doing it tomorrow, but the apocopyse thread has me thinking maybe I need to get off my butt and try out that gym that is 1 block away and I am allowed to use for free.

Umm, Hey there, we've never really chatted before. I used to be kind of a big deal around here. You don't know shit about shit apparently. You're wrong, from the feedback you get from most people, I'd guess that you're used to reading that.I know what works for me. Good day.I SAID GOOD DAY!
I used to be kind of a big deal around here
so does that make you god or special. I thought people around here are suppose to be equal.I may be wrong on some things, but no way in hell am I wrong about this. Go ahead if it works for you because you know it all apparently.Have a nice day :club:
Sadly, I always want it in the first half of the year, then I lapse. I'm working through that issue this year, hopefully.
I've had this before... for long term motivation, I find that joining groups at the gym, whether it's a circuit-training class, or boxing, 'boot camp' type thing is the cure. Because if you're doing it on your own, that initial rush of enthusiasm can fade after a few weeks/months. In a group, you see the same people and kind of motivate each other and have an added reason to train. When I get a phone call saying 'You'll be there today won't you?', I find it easier not to make an excuse to not go.And Rose, what are you talking about?? Re-read his post, think about it, then realize you're wrong.
so does that make you god or special. I thought people around here are suppose to be equal.I may be wrong on some things, but no way in hell am I wrong about this. Go ahead if it works for you because you know it all apparently.Have a nice day :club:
Yes it does. No they're not.Yes you are. Yes he does.Bon Soir.
I need to lose weight tooI am ashamed of how bad my self control has becomeI used to fast 1-3 days a week.Since then I've put on 100 pounds..270 now 6'5"I keep planning on doing it tomorrow, but the apocopyse thread has me thinking maybe I need to get off my butt and try out that gym that is 1 block away and I am allowed to use for free.
fasting is the worst thing to do, they now recommend 6 small meals a day. Based on protein intake and Calories. I am on a specific diet which is really tough 1500 calories a day divided into 6 small meals. breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner, bedtime snack. but I am closely monitored weekly

guapo: what helped me lose weight was a lot of factors. i thought about my health problems as i approached 370+ lbs at the short height of 5'7". I had a scary experience that really motivated myself to get into shape, especially as my health insurance was canceled on my 23rd birthday. Here is what helped: I bought a good MP3 player. It has 120 gigs and is very convenient. Download some of your favorite tunes and just go for long walks. On November 27th, I weighed 375 lbs and said enough was enough. I started walking long amounts every day since then (taking a couple days off a week, depending on how tired or fatigued i was that week) and started eating less. Well I'm happy to say that today I weighed myself and I came in at 298. :club: I don't only feel healthier but I fell HAPPIER. That was the biggest thing that I was surprised by. I will post updates of my progress on my weight to help motivate the people who want to get in shape. :ts Here is a pic of my at my heaviest...n836695320_4795217_3167.jpg Here I am on dec. 25th... 40 lbs lightern695479889_1062381_9514.jpgI haven't gotten a shot yet, but I've lost another 37 from that xmas picture. I'll get one up tomorrow. : D

I've had this before... for long term motivation, I find that joining groups at the gym, whether it's a circuit-training class, or boxing, 'boot camp' type thing is the cure. Because if you're doing it on your own, that initial rush of enthusiasm can fade after a few weeks/months. In a group, you see the same people and kind of motivate each other and have an added reason to train. When I get a phone call saying 'You'll be there today won't you?', I find it easier not to make an excuse to not go.And Rose, what are you talking about?? Re-read his post, think about it, then realize you're wrong.
James D I see where you may be talking about. I didn't look too much at El Guapo remark. So I see what he partially has to say. He was teasing Guapo, where Guapo took it more serious. he also made reference to my jumping the gun sort of speak.[
b]It truly is a struggle every day to go to that gym, but you just have to want to be thinner more than you want to be lazy. That's my struggle. [/b]
he talks here about his own struggle, but I am still not sure if I agree with what he is saying that you have want to be more thinner more than you want to be lazy. I really wasn't a lazy person, I worked, I was active. Went to the gym but it's also eating habits, dealing with stressors and metabolism. This is what I learned from the clinic I went to. So I can't accept the laziness as an excuse for me. For him sure it's fine but not me. I was doing more physical work outs then compared to now with no results. should we not be considered as equals. I am not talking about who is better at poker that's different or who has been around the forum the longest. I just consider everyone the same. If I was standing in line for a show and someone special came out of the blue and because they were so called special got in it's unjust and unfair. Of course that's the way of world is. So when someone tells me they are special, what made you so special. Do you deserve that honour and respect and if you do fine. You do have my apology. But don't come off as a douche bag and make it as if I need to kiss your royal ass. As for motivation I will help anyone who needs it as I need it as well. Lets keep this humerous as well, we need some humor in our battle of the thin to be lol
So after sitting on my ass all day and pretty much doing nothing except play some poker and take care of my kids, I need some motivation to work out again. I know we have a gym thread, but I am talking about something that gives us some accountability other than just our own fat asses.I am open to suggestion and would like to have a number of us participating and tracking our progress.Ideas? And anyone interested?
walk.i dont do itbut i hear its all the rage now
Jesus man, haven't you figured me out yet? Most of that was tongue in cheek. But it all comes from within and you did reference needing motivation via this board, a friend or whatever. Bottom line, either you want it or you don't. It truly is a struggle every day to go to that gym, but you just have to want to be thinner more than you want to be lazy. That's my struggle. It's all good. Seriously, go back, read a few of my posts. You'll figure it all out.Umm, Hey there, we've never really chatted before. I used to be kind of a big deal around here. You don't know shit about shit apparently. You're wrong, from the feedback you get from most people, I'd guess that you're used to reading that.I know what works for me. Good day.I SAID GOOD DAY!
Meh. I have mired in craziness all day. I think when I posted that my daughter had just woken up for the 17th time from her nap. Is it too much to want to shed my man boobs along side you?