Hey Fatties

Two words: Carnie Wilsonyour surgery isn't a permanent solution. You can revert back to your old ways and stretch the stomach back out. Why not just adjust to a sensible plan from Weight Watchers and grind out for another year? It's better than risking your life on a radical surgery. And, you'd still be able to enjoy the pleasures of food at some point in your life.No offense, it seems weird that you'd sacrifice this hard for a year, then just opt for the 'easy" way out. Seems you have the discipline to do it, case in point, doing the liquid thing for a year. Kudos on that. But I would suggest Weight Watchers.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried that didn't work for me , and there were times I even cheated on the liquid diet as well. The weight clinic I go to is awesome, fully medically covered by my goverment, and well medically staffed with doctors, dieticans, physiotheapists, you name it they have it. They really have a good program. The liquid diet didn't really start till October. But the dieting started in May. I go weekly , they do a full medically work up with ecgs, spiro's, stress tests, testing to see what your metoblic rate is at. I just don't trust myself. Actually right now I wouldn't be surprise when I go back for a weight in to my home clinic that I have gained because I am a stress eater. Any ways a few other of my doctors suggusted to me to also have the surgery. I was totally against it at first but then I did a huge research into it. I decided to have it done in Michigan and not at the hospital I work at or another hosp. here in Ontario. I toured the place, met the surgeon, and there program sounds awesome as well. So I feel its going to help me. and Yes I am aware that it could stretch but I will be careful that it doesn't.

Sorry Rose. I agree 100% with Ron here. You have more discipline than you think if you can do what you have done for almost a year. I think I have told the story before, but a guy my friend works with lost 120lbs + with the GP surgery, stretched his stomach back out 8 months later be sucking down Venti Frappacinos and gained 50 of it back. Meat with a nutritionist once a week and get a trainer 3-5 X a week for the next year, you will be where you want to be.

Yeah Rose, surgery is probably your worst option here. You've already dropped over 100 lbs, that's no small feat. Gradually getting down to your desired weight is your best bet, you've obviously proven you can do it. What's going to happen after you have the surgery? You're still going to need to maintain that weight. If you say you have hard time controlling what you eat at times, then I'm sorry to say this but surgery will only be a temporary fix for you. Take the safe route, it will be better for you physically and mentally.

because I am not eating, and living mostly on protein shakes which is not a life.
I have to think that this can't be healthy. You know (I've seen you say it in the forums) that you should be eating like 6 times a day. Eat some food, just make sure you're eating the right things, keep up with your walks and exercise, and you'll for sure keep dropping the lbs.

Well then, by your theory, if you can't stay disciplined, you can't stay disciplined. The surgery isn't going to deter that game plan. It will just delay the inevitable. You say you will never have discipline in your diet, surgery won't help.Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to dieting. You've done brilliantly thusfar, it seems

• 3 months later...

looking at that pic of me and what I look like now what a difference lol. what a classic shot, nice move there SA. down 140 lbs now. Just thinking what the chemo will do on top oh Joy. I need new pic's done.