End Of The World In 2012

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF you're buying into this 2012 nonsense, you're dumb as a sack of hammers.
If the world is going to end in 2012 I am going to find the dude in your sig and bang the farts right out of him. Soon.
they made a movie out of this shit are you kidding me?
Why would that surprise you?'They' made a movie out of George W Bush's life, one about a guy who makes a suit out of iron and flies around, and even one about Batman.

im still thinking about the fact that they are making a movie about this and its still pissing me off. i watched the trailer. tidal waves in the mountains of tibet? if i was a smarter i would figure it out, but im gonna guess you would need something like the size of the moon to slam into the indian ocean for that to happen.

Do you believe the Mayans?They had a very precise understanding of our solar system's cycles and believed that these cycles coincided with our spiritual and collective consciousness. The Mayans knew that our sun every so often synchronized with the central galaxy and from this central galaxy received a spark of light which causes the sun to shine more intensely producing solar flares and changes in the sun's magnetic field. They say that this happens every 5,125 years and also that this causes a displacement in the earths rotation, and because of this movement great catastrophes would be produced. Makes sense I guess.So in 3113 B.C. the Mayans predicted that the world would go though a 5,125 year cycle before the sun would cause such devastation that no life could survive.I'm still not sure how I stand on all this but there is some pretty interesting stuff on that calendar. For instance...The Mayans prophesied that the start of the last 13 year period would be marked by a solar eclipse on August 11, 1999. They made this prophecy in 3113 BC...and yes...there was a solar eclipse on that exact date.My question would be concerning the translation of this calendar. There's no way it says August 11, 1999 because there was no "august" in 3113 BC. I would think it probably says X number of days from day Y ....yada yada...Anyhoooo... I digressDoes this mean they are good at predicting the end of the world? No... but it means they have a pretty good understanding of the solar system which they claim is the reason the world will end in 2012.How does any of this fit in with your faith or no faith? IMO... it has nothing to do with it. If they are saying that the galaxy is set to destruct on that day, your faith can not change it.
lol.lollolIf you believe in one fairy tale, might as well believe em all...
Didn't Negrodamus also predict the End coming in 2012? Was his prediction based on the Mayans' or just a coincidence?
Negrodamus always trumps the Mayans. Its a rule in the ancient version of Rock-Paper-Scissors (Roe Sham bo). Negrodamus beats Mayans, Mushrooms beat Negrodamus, and Maynas beat mushrooms.

Listen, if we can't take ancient predictions from a savage people who lacked real scientific understanding as an accurate prediction, then who can we believe? Next you'll tell me these guys got it wrong too.16151713_3f52477459.jpg

im still thinking about the fact that they are making a movie about this and its still pissing me off. i watched the trailer. tidal waves in the mountains of tibet? if i was a smarter i would figure it out, but im gonna guess you would need something like the size of the moon to slam into the indian ocean for that to happen.
Oh man, that movie is going to be hysterical.. the same Director did " the day after tommorrow, and there's this scene where the people out run cold.. as in the tempature state. It's fcking awesome.
Oh man, that movie is going to be hysterical.. the same Director did " the day after tommorrow, and there's this scene where the people out run cold.. as in the tempature state. It's fcking awesome.
wait, won't it be the exact same movie? I mean, exactly the same?god I hope so!
wait, won't it be the exact same movie? I mean, exactly the same?god I hope so!
It will basically be, I imagine the details of the earth's distruction will be different.. ( some how global warming starts a "superstorm" in DATM, which brings on an ice age... don't ask me)

I think mr Al Gore will be sad when he reads this topic.. so much research and media attention for awareness of global conditions that will deteriorate etc. etc. .. At least we can stop worrying about all of that now and start thinking about making a big pink bow around the earth so god will recognise our cuteness and we will all go to my little pony - land where our virgins will be awaiting us , and lets hope to god they won't charge 3,8m$ like that cutiepie i read about in DN blog today. On a serious note , even IF all this maya fantasy stuff is true , it won't change a damn thing. If it's happening it's happening whether we want it or not.. and i doubt it would be smart to change anything just because the maya's wrote some stuff down 5xxx years ago.Not to diminish their civilization which was clearly very sophisticated and far ahead of their time. Ahwell i remember this kind of stuff was a huge hype in the year 1999 too when there were predictionsof the earth ending or jesus christ returning ( christian believes ) in the year 2000.. and ofcourse when that didn't happen they moved the prediction along to 01-01-01 .. or something similar.. I think when the time comes that the earth will be destroyed or "god" will return noone will see it coming.

Hollywoodafd I agree with you. I find the topic of old prophecy very interesting, especially mayan and nostradamus. It's incredible how accurate they were, despite what the cynics rationalize about hits and misses.

Ahwell i remember this kind of stuff was a huge hype in the year 1999 too when there were predictionsof the earth ending or jesus christ returning ( christian believes ) in the year 2000.. and ofcourse when that didn't happen they moved the prediction along to 01-01-01 .. or something similar..
Y2K had nothing to do with Jesus returning.
Hollywoodafd I agree with you. I find the topic of old prophecy very interesting, especially mayan and nostradamus. It's incredible how accurate they were, despite what the cynics rationalize about hits and misses.
Who predicted this would ever happen?
http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/14229.htmJust have a look around , there were plenthy of theories and interpretations that Jesus would return in the year 2000.
It's obvious you didn't even read the article you linked to, troll.
Who predicted this would ever happen?
First time for everything!Now if I can just get BigD to have beers with me one day..... who knows.
It's obvious you didn't even read the article you linked to, troll.
Quite obvious u don't look any further than ur bloody nose, trying to be right all the timejust for the sake of being right.. pathetic if u ask me.Oh.. calling me a troll again, it.. it.. just hurts sooo muchhh, doesn't get old at all! :club: